M7060 with R4s.........kinda light in the rear end.

David N

Equipment
M7060
Jan 6, 2024
MN
First orange rig here............Picked up a late model low hr M7060. Loader and cab............... She's got rim guard in the rears but still doesn't have much traction..........At first I thought the dealer was mistaken and the previous owner who traded it fibbed about the beat juice...........but I checked and they are indeed filled. You can't hardly pick up anything with out the rears breakin' loose' and spinning. Engage the front drives and then it performs "OKish".........So I also have a smaller 50hp Yanmar/Cub Cadet unit with rim guard and that girl has no issues runnin' around in 2WD..........what gives with this 'Bota?.............pretty disappointed here. Even if I add rear weights I doubt it will perform all that great.................

edritchey

Lifetime Member

Equipment
A bunch of cute little Kubotas
Jul 19, 2014
Wellsville, PA
They are light unless you have 1500lbs on the back in one way or another you could always Sell it and get a bigger Cub Cadet.

DustyRusty

Equipment
2020 BX23S, BX2822 Snowblower, Curtis Deluxe Cab,
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
I have a BX23S and the rear tires are filled with Beet Juice, and I can't pick up anything unless I have my weight box or the backhoe on the rear. Buy yourself a weight box and fill it will rocks for additional weight.

SDT

Equipment
multiple and various
Apr 15, 2018
SE, IN
First orange rig here............Picked up a late model low hr M7060. Loader and cab............... She's got rim guard in the rears but still doesn't have much traction..........At first I thought the dealer was mistaken and the previous owner who traded it fibbed about the beat juice...........but I checked and they are indeed filled. You can't hardly pick up anything with out the rears breakin' loose' and spinning. Engage the front drives and then it performs "OKish".........So I also have a smaller 50hp Yanmar/Cub Cadet unit with rim guard and that girl has no issues runnin' around in 2WD..........what gives with this 'Bota?.............pretty disappointed here. Even if I add rear weights I doubt it will perform all that great.................
Yes, they are light in the rear, cab or otherwise, as compared to older AG tractors, though not so much as compared to modern tractors in the same category.

My M9960 with cast centers and two weights per side will not back up a minor incline on crushed rock unless in FWD, even with an empty bucket.

I repair/change my own tires so never use liquid ballast but do have a ballast box filled with bagged playground sand from Lowes which is quite effective.

FWIW, the MF that was replaced with the 9960 would not either.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user

David N

Equipment
M7060
Jan 6, 2024
MN
I have a BX23S and the rear tires are filled with Beet Juice, and I can't pick up anything unless I have my weight box or the backhoe on the rear. Buy yourself a weight box and fill it will rocks for additional weight.
I had a weight box for the Cub.........never actually needed it. It picks up 1800 lbs and gets a little light in the rear..............If I grab anything around 1200 lbs it just runs with it. Very well balanced unit.

This M7060 is scratchin' goin up and slight hill...........:rolleyes:

I may fab up a box. I do have a few slabs of 4" steel plate lyin around. 2 pcs of that 24"x24" for the bottom of the box would be around 1300 lbs....................:unsure:

Wheel weights............what does the factory offer? I'm sure a few hundred lbs on each side will set me back a few $$$$$....................

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
***Current*** M6060HDC, MX6000HSTC & GL7000 ***Sold*** MX6000HST & BX25TLB
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
Wheel weights............what does the factory offer? I'm sure a few hundred lbs on each side will set me back a few $$$$$....................
I have a similar tractor in the form of an M6060 and have the rear tires filled with beet juice or similar, and have three sets of wheel weights per side and have no issues with traction. The weights are 160lb each so that's 960lb total.

DustyRusty

Equipment
2020 BX23S, BX2822 Snowblower, Curtis Deluxe Cab,
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
The rear wheels of the Kubota BX series tractors are the same as many other tractors that used to be sold, such as Bolens HT 20 or 23. Rear weights made of iron were available and were attached through the square head holes in the wheels. I believe that they are about 50# each. I have a set for both front and rear wheels, and if I paint them orange, they will fit perfectly on the Kubota BX23S.

SDT

Equipment
multiple and various
Apr 15, 2018
SE, IN
I had a weight box for the Cub.........never actually needed it. It picks up 1800 lbs and gets a little light in the rear..............If I grab anything around 1200 lbs it just runs with it. Very well balanced unit.

This M7060 is scratchin' goin up and slight hill...........:rolleyes:

I may fab up a box. I do have a few slabs of 4" steel plate lyin around. 2 pcs of that 24"x24" for the bottom of the box would be around 1300 lbs....................:unsure:

Most similar tractors have pressed steel wheel centers which are MUCH lighter than the optional cast centers.

Weights are available but expensive and a ballast box is MUCH more effectiive than weights or liquid ballast.

Should you go the weight route, North States offers nearly identical weights for less than Kubota. They do not sell directly to consumers so you must buy through a dealer but shipping (to a dealer) is (or at least was) free for orders of $1,000+.

jyoutz

Equipment
MX6000 HST open station, FEL, 6’ cutter, forks, 8’ rear blade, 7’ cultivator
Jan 14, 2019
Edgewood, New Mexico
The rear wheels on my tractor are filled, then I always attach a heavy 1000+ pounds implement before doing any heavy loader lifting.

Reactions: 1 users

fruitcakesa

Equipment
M 6040
Oct 26, 2010
Cavendish Vermont
My M6040 has loaded rears and If I am logging I have the PTO winch on and the grapple up front and can lift 24” 16 foot long pine logs. I still have to take it easy when going downhill or over rough terrain.