M7060 - Where should the draft position lever be set when not in use?

mbu

Aug 28, 2016
United States
M7060 - Where should the draft position lever be set when not in use and just using the 3-PH for lifting (position lever)?

MtnViewRanch

Oct 10, 2012
Lakeside Ca.
I assume that you have the operators manual? What does it say? Typically a draft control lever when not in use would be all the way forward, or in the off position.

JerryMT

Equipment
Kubota M4500, NH TD95D,Ford 4610
Jun 17, 2017
The Palouse - North Idaho
I assume that you have the operators manual? What does it say? Typically a draft control lever when not in use would be all the way forward, or in the off position.
+1 if you are plowing you might want o use mixed control where you have position control and draft sensitivity but for most implements (blades, rotary cutters, finish cutters, etc) you just want position control.

MtnViewRanch

Oct 10, 2012
Lakeside Ca.
+1 if you are plowing you might want o use mixed control where you have position control and draft sensitivity but for most implements (blades, rotary cutters, finish cutters, etc) you just want position control.
I know that most people feel that draft control is only used for plowing, but I often use it for grading and it works extremely well. A person just needs to understand how to set the features that the tractor has and some pretty amazing stuff can easily be accomplished. ;)

I agree that you would never use it for mowing of any type. Ground engaging tasks only.