M7060 Transmission fluid level

petrel

Equipment
M7060HD12
Aug 17, 2018
Northern Virginia
Over the weekend, I notice my tractor dripping fluid. When I checked the transmission fluid level it was on the low line! I crawled under the tractor and found one of the transmission drain plugs loose. I guess when my dealer replaced the broken axle last year, he didn't tighten it down properly.

Three questions:

Is there potential for damage if the tractor was operated about 2 hours with falling transmission fluid level?

If there is the potential for damage, do you know if kubota has the ability (or willingness) to track this type of thing, if reported, to extend the warranty for any latent damage? The tractor only has 33 hours on it.

Lastly, how much fluid should I purchase to bring the transmission up from low to full?

Thanks!

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
If it was on the "Low Line", I doubt there's damage.

It was working within the limits of the tractor's fluids, and it sounds like it only had 2 hours of work in the interim.

Hell, even if it ran all of it's 33 hours at that level, it was still within tolerances...

JMHO...

I do not know how much fluid to get. You should look at your Owner's Manual, or just get a gallon and top it off.

Don't dump the whole gallon in....add some and check, etc...If that doesn't work get another gallon....

Last edited:

rjcorazza

Equipment
L4060 HSTC Loader, ZD326, ZD1211
Mar 9, 2016
Hyattstown, MD
I agree with rcw... Although if a dealer was responsible for the loose drain I'm pretty sure I would expect them to supply the replacement fluid. May not be worth the hassle though.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Dave_eng

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M7040, Nuffield 465
Oct 6, 2012
Williamstown Ontario Canada
Over the weekend, I notice my tractor dripping fluid. When I checked the transmission fluid level it was on the low line! I crawled under the tractor and found one of the transmission drain plugs loose. I guess when my dealer replaced the broken axle last year, he didn't tighten it down properly.

Three questions:

Is there potential for damage if the tractor was operated about 2 hours with falling transmission fluid level?

If there is the potential for damage, do you know if kubota has the ability (or willingness) to track this type of thing, if reported, to extend the warranty for any latent damage? The tractor only has 33 hours on it.

Lastly, how much fluid should I purchase to bring the transmission up from low to full?

Thanks!
The system holds 59.2 quarts or 56 Liters.

Buy more than one jug. It is not money wasted. The level rises slowly.

Dave

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
I agree with rcw... Although if a dealer was responsible for the loose drain I'm pretty sure I would expect them to supply the replacement fluid. May not be worth the hassle though.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
True, but according to the OP the dealer had it a year ago...

I think he'd have a tough time making that case.

Sent from my QTASUN1 using Tapatalk

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
M9000HDCC3, M9000HD, Kubota GS850 Sidekick
Oct 28, 2018
USA
On my M's (same capacity), one gallon brings the level from the bottom of the dipstick to the full mark on the dipstick Of course I don't use Kubota fluid, I use Chevron THC Synthetic.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
It wouldn't damage anything running it that low of fluid, in fact the threshold is far below that. ;)

petrel

Equipment
M7060HD12
Aug 17, 2018
Northern Virginia
The repair that precipitated this leak took place last December. Since there is a good chance that the transmission is ok, and the dealer is over an hour away, I guess I will leave it alone and just mention it when I go in for service at the end of this year.

In the meantime, I'll grab two gallons of Super UDT2 and slowly top it off. Thank you all for your insights and your quick responses.