M7060 hydraulic filter magnet

243ackley

Oct 8, 2017
Birmingham Alabama
I performed my 50 hour service today and when I was looking at the hydraulic filters that came off of the machine one was missing the magnet.

Is there any way a new filter with the magnet would seat and not leak if the magnet from the original filter stayed on the filter threads?

I am 100 % certain that there was a magnet on the new filter I put on the machine.

The filter in question looks like it is seated the same as the other filter and there are no leaks.

Thanks for your help.

fundybreeze

Oct 25, 2017
Bass River Nova Scotia
Hi I to have a 2016 m 7060 that I bought new according to my manual you don't have to change the hydraulic oil or filters until 500 hr but I am curious was there anything in the filters or magnet

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
It's very possible it would seat but I think I would be pulling the filters and checking for a doubled up magnet, it might effect flow having 2 in there. ;)

243ackley

Oct 8, 2017
Birmingham Alabama
Hi I to have a 2016 m 7060 that I bought new according to my manual you don't have to change the hydraulic oil or filters until 500 hr but I am curious was there anything in the filters or magnet

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
My manual says replace the filters after 50 house but not the oil. I ended up having to add 5 gallons of oil.

There were some very fine metal particles on the magnet but nothing more than expected. I don't have oil from the initial change evaluated because you always have some metal from break in.

243ackley

Oct 8, 2017
Birmingham Alabama
Are you sure there is a magnet on both filters? My MX only has the magnet on one of the hydraulic filters.
That must be the case. Mine now has magnets on both filters. The shop manager at my dealership said he did not think the filter would seat with 2 magnets and as long as it was not leaking it would be ok.

whitetiger

Staff member

Equipment
Kubota tech..BX2370, RCK60, B7100HST, RTV900 w plow, Ford 1100 FWA
Nov 20, 2011
Kansas City, KS
My L3560 Kubota also has magnet on only one hydraulic filter.
Your tractor only has one Hydraulic filter, the LH filter is a Hydrostat filter. The M series have two hydraulic filter next to each other on the RH side.