M6800 bleed fuel lines

milkie62

Equipment
L305, M6800
Nov 27, 2012
Troy,NY USA
Just changed fuel filter on my M6800. Engine started and I kept trying to feather throttle to keep it going until air was out. Well it stalled. Read owners manual and cannot get air out it seems. Plunger on top of fuel filter is more or less just sitting all the way down and I have to work at trying to get it to come up. Does not seem to really do anything. Also took out air bleeder like book shows but pin seems to be stuck so I took entire plug out. Any ideas ? Thanks in advance.

The Bob

Equipment
M6800 Kubota, 1953 Ferguson T030
Sep 24, 2015
Fort Smith, Ar
I'm certainly no expert, but do have an M6800, sounds like you still have air in fuel lines.
Did you open the air vent cock? Also make sure the fuel cock is in the open position. My WSM says to pump the fuel pump knob on top the fuel filter, it should start to build some resistance, also says you can pinch the fuel overflow hose with your fingers as you pump, you should feel it pulse. Then open the throttle up and try to start it. May have to repeat the above steps several times....I changed the fuel water separator out the other day, had no problems by following the above steps, but I did NOT change the fuel filters.

Bulldog

Equipment
M 9000 DTC, L 3000 DT
Mar 30, 2010
Rocky Face, Georgia
Find the line where it hooks to the injector pump with banjo bolt. Loosen that line and use your primer pump until it blows fuel out then tighten the bolt back down then try to start it. I do this on my M9000 and never have trouble starting it.

milkie62

Equipment
L305, M6800
Nov 27, 2012
Troy,NY USA
Thanks guys. First time I did it I think I filled the fuel filter and she started right up. This time I did not put any fuel in the filter. The pusher on top of the filter seems tough to pull up. Maybe my whole problem is just to fill the filter. Will fiddle with it on Saturday morning.

Bulldog

Equipment
M 9000 DTC, L 3000 DT
Mar 30, 2010
Rocky Face, Georgia
It pushes down and comes up on it's on. It only pushes down about 1/4" so it takes a few pumps to get the fuel in all the lines. Although filling the filter first speeds the process it allows unfiltered fuel to the injector pump which may lead to other problems. Loosening the line at the injector pump to allow air to escape helps a lot and will most likely end your bleeding problems.

milkie62

Equipment
L305, M6800
Nov 27, 2012
Troy,NY USA
It pushes down and comes up on it's on. It only pushes down about 1/4" so it takes a few pumps to get the fuel in all the lines. Although filling the filter first speeds the process it allows unfiltered fuel to the injector pump which may lead to other problems. Loosening the line at the injector pump to allow air to escape helps a lot and will most likely end your bleeding problems.
Mine does not come up on its own even with fuel in it. I have to get a flat blade screwdriver under it. Well anyway I took filter off and filled it with fuel.Put it back on and loosened the big bolt on side of pump that line is attached to. Pushed a couple of times and she started. Thanks for info. My manual shows a small vent ahead of injector pump to loosen. That did nothing for me until I undid the big one think it was either a 17 mm or 19mm bolt head.