M6060, ECU NG Error code **Fixed**

1badDart

Sep 7, 2021
W. KY.
While installing led work lights today I blew fuse 1, the work light fuse. When I removed the blown fuse from the panel fuse 2 came out also, the meter backup fuse. I replaced it and installed a new work light fuse, then I noticed the key was on. I didn’t think much about it until I started the tractor to put it away. Now it acts like it’s in limp mode, won’t run above idle and the pto won’t engage.

The error is ECU NG, Tractor ECU communication trouble. Can I reset this? Also the PTO light stays on.

This photo was taken with it running.

C9A6389B-1245-4079-BB6B-08238FA048FD.jpeg

Thanks.

Dave_eng

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M7040, Nuffield 465
Oct 6, 2012
Williamstown Ontario Canada
Here is what I see in the WSM. Do not know what it is telling you.

forum ECU NG.jpg

I would be looking for connectors you have dislodged or wires pulled off.

Dave

1badDart

Sep 7, 2021
W. KY.
Thanks Dave, I’ll check to see if it pushed one of the wires out of the back of the fuse panel when I put the fuse back in.

Fordtech86

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3200
Aug 7, 2018
Pineville,LA
Thanks Dave, I’ll check to see if it pushed one of the wires out of the back of the fuse panel when I put the fuse back in.
what did you tie the light into? To be blowing fuses during the install raises a flag. Also having a CAN issue after is another. Dave may be on it if you disconnected anything during install. If you went cutting wires during install I would focus on that area first.

kubotafreak

Equipment
GRAND l6060, L3560, B6100, gr2100, tg 1860, g1800, g1900, g2160
Sep 20, 2018
Arkansas, US

1badDart

Sep 7, 2021
W. KY.
I shorted the new switch and blew the fuse. There are feed wires are on the ROPS for extra work lights, they are factory. They are on the circuit with the factory work lights.

Nothing was cut, only two fuses removed. One by accident when the blown was removed.

Firefight100

Equipment
MX5200
Apr 3, 2021
63379 troy mo
try disconnecting the battery with the key off. Leave it disconnected for a few minutes, reconnect the battery. See if the problem is resolved.

Fordtech86

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3200
Aug 7, 2018
Pineville,LA
As requested. Note fuse 2 and 3 are described as "BACKUP." No idea what that means but they relate to the porblem.

View attachment 68055

View attachment 68056

Good luck!

Dave
Thanks Dave! In reference to the “backup” fuses, those are constant power feeds to the meter panel and the engine ecu. They are used for memory purposes for the modules. The engine ecu will learn adaptive values while running, it needs to retain these while off. Same with the meter panel, I suspect for user settings, etc in the panel. Simple version.

To @1badDart, before going too much further check fuse #12.

0E5CC518-F9B0-422A-8EB2-30B7EE1EDDEC.jpeg

I wonder if when you shorted the work light circuit it didn’t possibly backfeed into PTO circuit through the work light relay.

edit: this probably isn’t the case, I forgot you said the tractor started.

Last edited:

1badDart

Sep 7, 2021
W. KY.
Thanks Dave! In reference to the “backup” fuses, those are constant power feeds to the meter panel and the engine ecu. They are used for memory purposes for the modules. The engine ecu will learn adaptive values while running, it needs to retain these while off. Same with the meter panel, I suspect for user settings, etc in the panel. Simple version.

To @1badDart, before going too much further check fuse #12.

View attachment 68060
I wonder if when you shorted the work light circuit it didn’t possibly backfeed into PTO circuit through the work light relay.
Thanks Fordtech86. (y)

I removed the ground from the battery yesterday afternoon before I went to work. After disconnecting it I checked all the fuses for continuity and all were good. I will pull it before connection the ground today. I also pulled fuse #2 (the meter back up that accidentally came out) just to see if maybe I had pushed a wire out of the back of the fuse panel, I hadn't. The fuse that I put in was one of the spares in the panel as I hadn't found the one that came out yet, it was on the ground. I pulled it out and the prongs looked almost like they were coated with something, so I put the original back in.

I'll find out in a little while if any of this corrected my problem.

1badDart

Sep 7, 2021
W. KY.
Okay guys, I found and fixed the problem. Thanks to Fordtech86 for his suggestion for checking fuse #12. It wasn't the problem but it did lead me to see the issue. The 15A fuse for the ECU was missing, the only thing I can figure is that I somehow pulled it out when I removed the cover, it's the only thing that makes sense. I've looked on the tractor and the ground where I was working on it and haven't found the fuse yet. I'm lucky this way, LOL.

Thanks guys, Justin.

Here is a couple photos of the fuse panel.

Fuse #.
1- green, the fuse I blew and changed
2- red, the fuse I inadvertently removed
12- yellow, PTO fuse
14 blue, ECU fuse.

marked 5204.jpg.png
marked 5205.jpg.png

Reactions: 1 user

Fordtech86

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3200
Aug 7, 2018
Pineville,LA
Okay guys, I found and fixed the problem. Thanks to Fordtech86 for his suggestion for checking fuse #12. It wasn't the problem but it did lead me to see the issue. The 15A fuse for the ECU was missing, the only thing I can figure is that I somehow pulled it out when I removed the cover, it's the only thing that makes sense. I've looked on the tractor and the ground where I was working on it and haven't found the fuse yet. I'm lucky this way, LOL.

Thanks guys, Justin.

Here is a couple photos of the fuse panel.

Fuse #.
1- green, the fuse I blew and changed
2- red, the fuse I inadvertently removed
12- yellow, PTO fuse
14 blue, ECU fuse.

View attachment 68068 View attachment 68069
Yeah I went back and edited my previous post, tractor wouldn’t have started with fuse 12 blown. I had forgotten you said it started. But glad you found it was something simple 👍

1badDart

Sep 7, 2021
W. KY.
I would've never even considered having a missing fuse, never, just because I hadn't touched (I didn't think) anything in that area of the fuse box.

Sometimes we can't see the forest for the trees.