M59TLB backhoe buckets

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
Looking for sources for pin on backhoe buckets for M59 other than Kubota dealer.
Do you have a specific OD and length? what cost you looking at from Kubota?
Take a dial caliper or micrometer and check the outside diameter, and report back - it has got to be an 1" or larger, and I bet it is a standard size in the industry - finding one should not be a problem once you have the specs.

M59

Equipment
M59
Jan 12, 2013
Fairview, NC
Thanks 85Hokie. I am looking for input from people who has already worked out the whether the Kubota M59 BH pin layout unique to Kubota or is the pin layout a standard and buckets for other machines/ other brands fit? Does quick attach, Kubota or aftermarket QA, increase the pool of available BH buckets? I don't care about teeth since I want flat cutting edge.

M59

Equipment
M59
Jan 12, 2013
Fairview, NC
Thanks to all who added their info. It certainly helped me sort out whether to look for another pin on or move to QA buckets

I wanted to summarize what I learned to date since no forum has clear information about BH buckets for M59
Neil Messick of Messicks.com was very helpful. Another person, a mechanic with 25 years working on Kubotas, was also very helpful.
In summary the BH Quick Attach ( QA ) is the preferred bucket attach method because any used bucket can be modified by applying weld on ears. Pin ons, not directly useable, are very hard to modify. The used pin on pool fitting M59 is very small so new from Kubota is pretty much the only way to get buckets.
The M59 QC/ Quick Coupler is part number BT4580 but the preferred QC, from Kubota mid size/ compact excavators, is the K7870 since there is much larger supply of used excavator buckets than there are used M59 QA buckets. The K7870 is used on the KX121 compact excavator.

Not until about 2010 did the different equipment manufacturers begin move to standardized QA buckets so the pool of used buckets fitting the M59 QC is pretty small.

Hope this helps others interested in M59