M5950DT Injection pump leak

Luckystars

Equipment
M5950 M1840A RTV900 CLUB CAR CARRY ALL 1
Mar 1, 2018
Webster FL USA
It's been 40 hours since I rebuilt the engine and had the injection pump rebuilt. The engine runs great, starts instantly and hasn't used any oil. I'm happy.
However I do have a fuel leak. I thought it was hydraulic fluid because it's all over the filter. I see after pulling the side hood that it's coming from the injection pump.
On the CAV pump is some kind of a disc valve. The parts manual shows it on the picture of the pump but doesn't list it as an individual part. No name, no number.
Can anyone steer me in the right direction to get one?
What's it called?
Do I need one?
What's it for?
Can I just put a plug in the hole?
Not many CAV pumps use such a 'valve'. I see Oliver and Allis Chalmers used them.
Thanks guys. It's hard to google search 'pump thingy' and get any worth while results.

Luckystars

Equipment
Mar 1, 2018
Webster FL USA
On the CAV pump is some kind of a disc valve. The parts manual shows it on the picture of the pump but doesn't list it as an individual part. No name, no number.

I can't help any more than this. I'll try and post a picture when I get to the tractor again. I thought , no big deal, I'll look it up and order one. Nope. The parts manual only shows it as part of the pump assembly. I don't have a number or a name for it.
It has maybe 1/8" pipe thread going into the pump. The disc part on top is maybe 2" across and 1/4" thick with a few vent holes on top. That is where the fuel is coming from.

thepumpguysc

Aug 8, 2018
Sunny South Carolina
I've been rebuilding cav pumps for 30 years & I don't know what the H your talking about.. Lol
If u can get the #'s off the NP.. I can pull a break down of the pump.
DONT scrape the NP.. its soft metal & you'll destroy it.
I use a gasket/paint stripper in a spray can from Wally World.. spray it on, wait a few seconds & wipe it off..

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID

I can't help any more than this. I'll try and post a picture when I get to the tractor again. I thought , no big deal, I'll look it up and order one. Nope. The parts manual only shows it as part of the pump assembly. I don't have a number or a name for it.
It has maybe 1/8" pipe thread going into the pump. The disc part on top is maybe 2" across and 1/4" thick with a few vent holes on top. That is where the fuel is coming from.
Point to it in this diagram:

Attachments

Luckystars

Equipment
Mar 1, 2018
Webster FL USA
awesome. Now to find one.
They seem to be a restricted part, only sold in dark alleys.
Do they never go bad?
What exactly does it do?
Does it need adjusting when it's replaced?

thepumpguysc

Aug 8, 2018
Sunny South Carolina
Its a fuel "pulse dampener".. self explanatory.
Yes they do go bad, theres a diaphragm inside, that will leak fuel externally.
& that's it.. it leaks.
No adjustment required, it just screws in..
They are readily available in the U. States..
Where are U.??

Luckystars

Equipment
Mar 1, 2018
Webster FL USA
I found and ordered one this morning. With a part number it was much more simple.
Thank you for your help.
I’m guessing with a rebuilt pump and new injectors and being 34 years old it couldn’t take the pressure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk