M5 remote 3 point hitch

TakerEasy

Equipment
2010 Kubota M7040 DTC-1
Aug 31, 2010
South Texas
Hello,
I recently switch from a 7060 with rops to a M5 with a cab. I like the new cab a lot and it was about time that I step in from bugs and dust. My question is, did anybody installed a remote control for 3 point hitch from outside on the fender on an M5 ? I see that Kubota offer one on the M6 but not an option on the smaller M5.
On the 7060 open station was much easier to reach the lever over the fender when I try to hook an implement but on the M5 is a little bit more hassle.

I was thinking that maybe I can make a small hole in the back panel few inches bellow the window, put a rubber grommet or sleve and run a rod from out back to the main lever.
Any suggestionis greatly appreciated.
Here is a pic of the new big boy.

The M6 is electronic control. I did however see European models of the M5-91/111 have a fender mounted one with cables. I don't see it offered for US versions. By the way, instead of a hole in the back wall, its the inner lever on the back of the tractor, right side if looking at the back of the tractor.

On my 7040, I had levers on the outside for top link and lift arms. I just tack welded a small rod to the existing levers outside to allow me to push or pull as needed.

Last edited: