M4D-071 Recommended Wheel Adjustment

birddogsc

Equipment
M4D-071
Nov 28, 2022
South Carolina
Hi All... first post here. I was using our new (to us) M4D-071 this weekend with a grapple. The loader was up due to some items dragging, and as I was climbing a slight hill, the tractor kneeled hard right due to an unseen hole. I was moving slow and put the loader down to stabilize - no big deal at that point.

We have a pretty hilly property and gates/barn have no substantive width restrictions, so I was looking to change the wheel adjustments to go wider to help with stability. Any recommendations? Is there a chart available? We are missing the manual, unfortunately.

BAP

Lifetime Member

Equipment
2012 Kubota 2920, 60MMM, FEL, BH65 48" Bush Hog, 60"Backblade, B2782B Snowblower
Dec 31, 2012
New Hampshire
First thing would be to obtain the owner’s manual. It will tell you in there all the wheel adjustments for your tractor and show diagrams. Here is a link to one on the Messick’s website.

MtnViewRanch

Oct 10, 2012
Lakeside Ca.
Sort of depends on what tires & wheels you have. Ag-R1 tires you will have a larger set of options. R-4s-industrial tires not so much. I would get the tires set in the most desired setting and then get the rears liquid filled. Rim Gard - beet juice is usually the preferred liquid to use.

Having the additional weight makes the tractor feel like you are operating the next size larger machine IMO.

Good luck. :)

Thunder chicken

Equipment
M7060
Dec 29, 2019
Northern ontario
I changed the width on my 7060, R1's with cast center's..... these ones have 4 positions depending how you mount the center. I went from narrowest to 3/4 and the difference was night and day in stability. A second machine was available to us, i couldn't imagine trying to do it without another machine or engine hoist kind of rig. And a big metric socket...... and a big torque wrench....250ft/lbs rings a bell.