LX3310HSDCC Ballast quandary

erda

Equipment
LX3310HSDCC
Aug 24, 2014
Alberta, Canada
So I was using the Ballast box (loaded with 5 sidewalk blocks) that I had from my B2601 on my new LX. Seemed to work okay.

Took the loader off and put on the snowblower. Unfortunately, with the ballast box on it won’t fit in the garage. I was considering having beet juice added to the rears.

Now the quandary: the tractor manual states “while the loader is installed on the CAB tractor, the liquid ballast in the rear tires should be removed.” The loader manual mentions implements as counter weights and liquid ballast in the rear tires. No where does it state not to use it on a CAB tractor.

Neither manual states how much ballast to use.

Obviously I need to use ballast, so I’m confused as to why the manual says what it says, or doesn’t say…

SDT

Equipment
multiple and various
Apr 15, 2018
SE, IN
So I was using the Ballast box (loaded with 5 sidewalk blocks) that I had from my B2601 on my new LX. Seemed to work okay.

Took the loader off and put on the snowblower. Unfortunately, with the ballast box on it won’t fit in the garage. I was considering having beet juice added to the rears.

Now the quandary: the tractor manual states “while the loader is installed on the CAB tractor, the liquid ballast in the rear tires should be removed.” The loader manual mentions implements as counter weights and liquid ballast in the rear tires. No where does it state not to use it on a CAB tractor.

Neither manual states how much ballast to use.

Obviously I need to use ballast, so I’m confused as to why the manual says what it says, or doesn’t say…
Sounds like a question for Kubota rather than an internet chat forum.

Be advised that I have found numerous mistakes in Kubota manuals.

SDT

Jhtractor

Equipment
2021 LX3310, LA535, RTR1258 tiller, QH10, BB1260, LX2963, PF1242, RCK60
Apr 23, 2021
Wisconsin
I have the ROPS version of the LX3310. I did have beet juice (Rim Guard) added and the estimate was 850# of ballast with the loaded tires and box blade. The tractor has been very stable. It is at the dealership right now having the snowblower installed for the first time. I am interested in what you end up doing as far as weight as I am wondering if the loaded rears will be sufficient winter ballast or if I need to add my box blade as additional weight. I have the r-14 tires and an asphalt and concrete paved driveway.

Last edited:

BAP

Lifetime Member

Equipment
2012 Kubota 2920, 60MMM, FEL, BH65 48" Bush Hog, 60"Backblade, B2782B Snowblower
Dec 31, 2012
New Hampshire
Most likely the manual is supposed to say don’t put ballast in when a backhoe is attached because that is what it says is most manuals for that size range. With a loader you want ballast in the back. I run beet juice in the rears of my B2920 without any problems and I have a loader, front mounted snowblower and mid mount mower. I would load your tires and don’t worry about it.

Reactions: 1 users

erda

Equipment
LX3310HSDCC
Aug 24, 2014
Alberta, Canada
SDT- I have tried asking Kubota Canada, but so far they have not replied. Given my previous experience with them over R14 tires (my cabbed tractor was equipped with the larger sized ones) I’m not surprised…

BAP- The manual does mention to not use liquid ballast in the tires when using a backhoe, and the next “warning” states not to use liquid ballast with the loader on a cab tractor.

SDT

Equipment
multiple and various
Apr 15, 2018
SE, IN
SDT- I have tried asking Kubota Canada, but so far they have not replied. Given my previous experience with them over R14 tires (my cabbed tractor was equipped with the larger sized ones) I’m not surprised…

BAP- The manual does mention to not use liquid ballast in the tires when using a backhoe, and the next “warning” states not to use liquid ballast with the loader on a cab tractor.
Interersting, as Kubota states that the optional, oversized tires are not available on cab models.

SDT

erda

Equipment
LX3310HSDCC
Aug 24, 2014
Alberta, Canada
Interersting, as Kubota states that the optional, oversized tires are not available on cab models.

SDT
Exactly what I told the salesman, dealer, regional rep., and Kubota Canada. Yet they all insisted that it was okay to have the oversized R14 on a cab tractor. Eventually they agreed to replace the oversized tires with the “proper” sized ones, but it took almost 6 months.

NHSleddog

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650
Dec 19, 2019
Southern, NH
Sounds like a question for Kubota rather than an internet chat forum.

Be advised that I have found numerous mistakes in Kubota manuals.

SDT
Post of the year!

The poster that found several problems in the provided manufacturer documentation says..... its a question for Kubota.

Perhaps the internet chat forum still has some value.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user

NHSleddog

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650
Dec 19, 2019
Southern, NH
I hang 800lb off the back of mine. I wanted it as dense as possible so I filled a steel box with lead (I couldn't afford gold). I can pick it in either direction so I can get it super close or let it hang.

ballast.jpg

eipo

Equipment
L4060
Dec 1, 2015
MI
I estimate the one I made is right around 1000 pounds.

ballast3.jpeg