LX3310 Snowblower Chute Deflection Cylinder Size

Avery11

Equipment
LX3310HSDC
Dec 2, 2021
NH
Hello. I just bought an LX3310 with the front snow blower and factory 3rd function. I'd like to add a hydraulic cylinder to connect to the 3rd function valve for controlling chute deflection.

I was considering this from Surplus Center but it says it's rated for 1500 psi. Will my machine blow the seals on this? Surplus Center Cylinder

If I'm heading in the wrong direction, can anyone provide the right cylinder spec for me? Thanks in advance!

Last edited:

DeepWoods

Equipment
B2650HSDC Woodland Mills WC68 Wood Chipper
Apr 10, 2019
Bigfork Minnesota
Here is what I did last year to have hydraulic chute deflection on my B2650hsdc. Your blower model may be different than what is on mine, but it will give you a general idea of what will have to be done on yours
If I recall correctly the original oem cylinder for my blower was shorter than the one I purchased from Northern Tool. That caused me to have to remove my front guard as to not hitting the hoses when the chute was rotated.

Reactions: 1 user

jkrez

Equipment
Gr2120, LX3310, bh77 hoe, 64 inch commercial snow blower, landpride pallet forks
Apr 16, 2021
Berks County PA
The dealer tried to sell me the entire kit with a diverter valve that was electronic and place another 3rd function switch on the stalk. I kept telling them I already have a 3rd function switch and don’t need or want a frankinswitch under it. Ok we are good. I went back a few weeks later and was told snowblower is ready to take home. He asked if I wanted to see how they mounted the diverter valve? I said what, I told you that was not gonna fly and to take it off.
We went back to the blower and I said pointing to the cylinder , can you buy this and the bracket?
He said yes. I told him that is all I want and I will have hoses made from the cylinder to the 3rd function valves near the cab. He said they could make them. WTF 😳.
When I went to check on it last week all seemed the way I wanted. He said they just used the hoses from the kit also. It was a bit over 700 bucks compared to arpound a thousand for the kit.
I am hoping to remove the FEL this weekend and do a dry run to see if all is good for the snow to start flying.

Avery11

Equipment
LX3310HSDC
Dec 2, 2021
NH
The dealer tried to sell me the entire kit with a diverter valve that was electronic and place another 3rd function switch on the stalk. I kept telling them I already have a 3rd function switch and don’t need or want a frankinswitch under it. Ok we are good. I went back a few weeks later and was told snowblower is ready to take home. He asked if I wanted to see how they mounted the diverter valve? I said what, I told you that was not gonna fly and to take it off.
We went back to the blower and I said pointing to the cylinder , can you buy this and the bracket?
He said yes. I told him that is all I want and I will have hoses made from the cylinder to the 3rd function valves near the cab. He said they could make them. WTF 😳.
When I went to check on it last week all seemed the way I wanted. He said they just used the hoses from the kit also. It was a bit over 700 bucks compared to arpound a thousand for the kit.
I am hoping to remove the FEL this weekend and do a dry run to see if all is good for the snow to start flying.
Sorry you had to go through that. Can I ask you to follow up with the bore and stroke size of your cylinder? We have the same setup.

jkrez

Equipment
Gr2120, LX3310, bh77 hoe, 64 inch commercial snow blower, landpride pallet forks
Apr 16, 2021
Berks County PA
I dont know what those are? Here are two photos showing cylinder.
I have not had it hooked up yet so I can’t tell you the stroke.
Hopefully you can get what is needed from the pictures.
center of top pin to center of bottom pin is 12.25 inches

Attachments

DustyRusty

Equipment
2020 BX23S, BX2822 Snowblower, Curtis Deluxe Cab,
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
The brackets are going to determine the stroke, but if the cylinder is an inch longer, it shouldn't make much difference, because you should be watching it as it moves the hood up and down, and I can't see you deliberately destroying your equipment. My old snowblower had a cylinder that was 2" longer than needed, but I never damaged the chute diverter hood.

cthomas

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX2610 HSDC
Jan 1, 2017
La Farge Wi
Is it possible to get more pictures of the snow blower setup(mostly chute deflector and cylinders)? We use the same kit for the chute deflector and I am trying to find an aftermarket cylinder as like you what to use to third function, not the BS electric diverter. Looking for bore of the cylinder size, retracted length and stroke length.

jkrez

Equipment
Apr 16, 2021
Berks County PA
Is it possible to get more pictures of the snow blower setup(mostly chute deflector and cylinders)? We use the same kit for the chute deflector and I am trying to find an aftermarket cylinder as like you what to use to third function, not the BS electric diverter. Looking for bore of the cylinder size, retracted length and stroke length.
Yes should be able to tomorrow. Looking at those pictures are bad on my part. From pin to pin center is 12.25 inches. I will get a better picture tomorrow

Joe

jkrez

Equipment
Apr 16, 2021
Berks County PA
Yes should be able to tomorrow. Looking at those pictures are bad on my part. From pin to pin center is 12.25 inches. I will get a better picture tomorrow

Joe
So I for the first time took off the FEL and put the snowblower on.
the chute deflector cylinder travels a total of 4.75 inches. That is from all the way out to all in.