LX3310 Cold Starting

kbates

Equipment
B6200 with loader - B7500 - LX3310 with loader
Jan 2, 2012
Regina, Sk
Is there away of extending intake heater time. These engines don't have glow plugs for some reason. Has to be plugged in to get it to start in 0 degree weather.

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
RTM or watch this video to help:

skip to 5:25 to bypass the opening stuff

Reactions: 1 user

SDT

Equipment
multiple and various
Apr 15, 2018
SE, IN
Is there away of extending intake heater time. These engines don't have glow plugs for some reason. Has to be plugged in to get it to start in 0 degree weather.
There have been issues with cold starting these engines. I believe that there is at least one service bulletin regarding cold starting. Not sure if the issue has been resolved or if more are expected. Have your dealer verify that your engine has the latest modifications.

In the meantime, direct a hair drier into the air inlet while cranking. DO NOT use ether.

Last edited:

B737

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX3310
Jun 9, 2019
New Jersey
its automated by the ECU, if it doesnt do anything by cycling the key thats all you're gonna get. Ive read reports about stubborn cold starting LX3310s here in another instance. I have not had a problem starting mine when cold soaked down into teens.

Reactions: 1 users

kbates

Equipment
B6200 with loader - B7500 - LX3310 with loader
Jan 2, 2012
Regina, Sk
its automated by the ECU, if it doesnt do anything by cycling the key thats all you're gonna get. Ive read reports about stubborn cold starting LX3310s here in another instance. I have not had a problem starting mine when cold soaked down into teens.
Thanks you guys. Took another look at manual. Looks like on cab models you have to set throttle at one third or more before key on-intake heater start procedure. Don't know why that would be. Also my tractor seems to go right to 1300 rpm when it starts. i am a start at idle kind of guy and then idle up to 1000 after three minutes.

kubotter

Equipment
LX3310HSDC Cab w/LA535, LX2963 Blower, Box Blade, Tiller, Forks, Brush Hog, Rake
May 28, 2021
Wisconsin, USA
Thanks you guys. Took another look at manual. Looks like on cab models you have to set throttle at one third or more before key on-intake heater start procedure. Don't know why that would be. Also my tractor seems to go right to 1300 rpm when it starts. i am a start at idle kind of guy and then idle up to 1000 after three minutes.
Old thread but I'm now facing a similar issue with my LX3310 Cab model. I crank for 4-5 seconds, nothing. Crank 4-5 seconds again, nothing. Then the 3rd time it always starts, every time. Weird and new behavior.

@kbates can you post a pic from the manual where you see the throttle should be at 1/3 or more? I can't find anything like that in the manuals I have. Thank you