LX2963 snowblower: Flow diverter seems stuck

Nels13

Equipment
lX2610 and LX2963
Jan 1, 2024
Minnesota
Normally when I flip the toggle in my cab, the hydraulics either rotate my chute right and left or move the deflection up and down. Now either setting of the toggle switch rotates the chute left and right. This tells me that power is still getting to the chute but the flow diverter but it is not activating the directional valve. Anyone run into this? If so, what was the problem? Thanks in advance!

DustyRusty

Equipment
2020 BX23S, BX2822 Snowblower, Curtis Deluxe Cab,
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
Gently tap on the flow diverter with a screwdriver handle to see if it is stuck. Your flow control valve might have an electrical problem or a hydraulic problem. Check the wiring to make sure that the contacts are clean and tight. Sometimes even just removing and replugging them will help.

Reactions: 1 user

Dustball

Equipment
2016 B2650HSDC
Sep 15, 2023
Hudson, WI
I believe the default (no switched power) is for chute left/right operation, at least on my older blower it is. Is there power at the switch and is the switch itself working?

CAPT Seabee

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Grand L5460
Dec 28, 2022
Bonners Ferry ID
If the diverter switch is left on, the solenoid will eventually burn out. The switch should be off unless in use.

Reactions: 1 user

Nels13

Equipment
lX2610 and LX2963
Jan 1, 2024
Minnesota
Gently tap on the flow diverter with a screwdriver handle to see if it is stuck. Your flow control valve might have an electrical problem or a hydraulic problem. Check the wiring to make sure that the contacts are clean and tight. Sometimes even just removing and replugging them will help.
I'll try this.

Nels13

Equipment
lX2610 and LX2963
Jan 1, 2024
Minnesota
I believe the default (no switched power) is for chute left/right operation, at least on my older blower it is. Is there power at the switch and is the switch itself working?
I'll test this. I assumed power at the switch because it moves left / right. I'll put a tester it.

Dustball

Equipment
2016 B2650HSDC
Sep 15, 2023
Hudson, WI
I'll test this. I assumed power at the switch because it moves left / right. I'll put a tester it.
Toggle switch off = 0 volts to the diverter (default position) = chute left/right
Toggle switch on = 12VDC to the diverter (energized position) = chute up/down