LX2610?

Shooter00100

Nov 5, 2021
Florida
Hello All

I just closed on a six acre property and I’m looking at buying my first tractor and would appreciate any advise.
The tractor will be used to maintain a gravel driveway and road, brush hogging some pasture land, cleaning up some wooded areas, I will most likely add a grapple as well as there are a lot of mature oaks on the property that need pruning and possible a post whole auger as I would like to fence the rest of the property not all ready fenced.
Is the LX2610 sufficient size and power to handle these types of duties? I would not be using it for any finishing mowing as I have a commercial zero turn mower for that type of work.

Norman

Equipment
LX2610HSD;LA535;LP 60" grapple; WC68 chipper; GB60 SW cutter
Sep 30, 2021
Georgia, USA
I sure hope so. I just bought an LX2610 for my 5.25 acres with much of the same maintenance in mind. I didn’t think anything more than that would be necessary, and I have no plans on expanding my property ownership.

When I view YouTube channels like GP Outdoors and see how much he does with his, I think I’m gonna be just fine.

Reactions: 2 users

Njtool

Equipment
Lx2610 HSDC. BH77 backhoe
Jan 1, 2021
New jersey
The LX2610 would be perfect. I am constantly impressed with mine. It can lift a lot of weight, even big IBC totes filled with split wood, I grapple huge logs with it too.
You can’t go wrong with that machine

Reactions: 2 users

Elliott in GA

Equipment
LX 2610SU w/535,LP RCR1860,FDR1660,SGC0554,FSP500, DD BBX60005
Mar 10, 2021
North Georgia
It will do all of those tasks, plus much more. I have an SU (I do not need a cab or a mid-PTO); it comes with the bigger tires for less money (but missing the better seat, cruise control and the mid-PTO).

All of my equipment is in my signature. My rotary cutter is probably as big, heavy duty as you would want to go, and it has worked well for me.

RegionRat

Equipment
LX3310
Sep 20, 2021
Northwest Indiana
Hello All

I just closed on a six acre property and I’m looking at buying my first tractor and would appreciate any advise.
The tractor will be used to maintain a gravel driveway and road, brush hogging some pasture land, cleaning up some wooded areas, I will most likely add a grapple as well as there are a lot of mature oaks on the property that need pruning and possible a post whole auger as I would like to fence the rest of the property not all ready fenced.
Is the LX2610 sufficient size and power to handle these types of duties? I would not be using it for any finishing mowing as I have a commercial zero turn mower for that type of work.
Let us know if you have luck finding an LX series.

Njtool

Equipment
Jan 1, 2021
New jersey
And if you want any attachments from Everything Attachments, order it now, even if you don’t have the tractor yet.
I have the wickeder 55 grapple and I love it. I also have a landscape rake.

Trex18

Apr 24, 2018
Kittanning
6.7 acres.
LX2610 25hrs.
Planning to do the same tasks.
1 year old and 2 year old kids.
I Plan on having the tractor for a Verrrrrryyyyyyyy Loooooonnngggg Time.
with kids .....Tractor Time is limited but will increase in coming years.

I have lots of hills. quite a few acres to mow with MMM.
4wd and Low and balanced/ballast correctly its done everything I've asked.

Hoping to score a couple craiglist finds in the next few years.

Shooter00100

Nov 5, 2021
Florida
Thank you for all the replies. I have not found one in stock yet but one dealer was anticipating receiving one this week. I would really like to see and spend a minute or two seat time before I make the purchase.

SAR Tracker

Equipment
LX2610HSDC, FEL, LX2963 Snowblower, BH77 Backhoe, forks
Nov 17, 2020
Central Oregon
Only have an acre here in Central Oregon, but mine does everything I want - Snowblower, boxblade for the driveway, FEL, pallet forks, backhoe digs holes AND moves logs for bucking into firewood. Just received a Pine Needle Rake to make cleanup a little easier/faster. Good choice in my opinion.

Reactions: 1 user

Willabe

Equipment
LX2610
Jun 9, 2021
Mine has been great doing all the things you mention. It really is a great mix of size and capability. I also got the Kubota wheel spacers on mine and they make a noticeable difference compared to my neighbors LX without spacers. Even the delivery guy pointed out how much better it rides with the spacers.

Newaterman

Equipment
LX2610 HSDC, Z422-54KW
Feb 14, 2021
Vermont
You’re essentially describing what I do with my LX2610 on 4-5 of my 95 acres. It’s a great machine for the homeowner with “real tractor” tasks but not necessarily utility size tractor space. One thing people often overlook in my opinion when sizing out a tractor for use around a home is fitting through reasonable sized fence gates, and soft ground. Both big reasons why I went with the LX over the smallest grand l.

Mtntopwoodshop

Equipment
Kubota LX2610
Aug 23, 2021
Mineral Point
The LX2610 would be perfect. I am constantly impressed with mine. It can lift a lot of weight, even big IBC totes filled with split wood, I grapple huge logs with it too.

Let me ask you this, wood is seasoned and dry? and what ballast do you have? I just got my lx2610 last week and tried to lift an IBC tote with my 48-inch pallet forks with semi-green wood and no rear ballast yet. (Backhoe back-ordered for months now.)
I got it maybe 3-4" off the ground struggling, then I felt the backend of the tractor start to lift up so I just threw in the towel. Let me know your thoughts. Thanks Nick

Njtool

Equipment
Jan 1, 2021
New jersey
Let me ask you this, wood is seasoned and dry? and what ballast do you have? I just got my lx2610 last week and tried to lift an IBC tote with my 48-inch pallet forks with semi-green wood and no rear ballast yet. (Backhoe back-ordered for months now.)
I got it maybe 3-4" off the ground struggling, then I felt the backend of the tractor start to lift up so I just threw in the towel. Let me know your thoughts. Thanks Nick
I don’t have a rear ballast box yet so I have to keep my backhoe on. the backhoe weights about 850 pounds.
i lifted and moved a 330 gallon tote filled with hickory that was just split. It only lifted it enough to move it around, but it moved it. I’ve moved over 30 totes and I’m impressed. I have 275 gallon totes and 330 gallon totes.

Mtntopwoodshop

Equipment
Kubota LX2610
Aug 23, 2021
Mineral Point
I don’t have a rear ballast box yet so I have to keep my backhoe on. the backhoe weights about 850 pounds.
i lifted and moved a 330 gallon tote filled with hickory that was just split. It only lifted it enough to move it around, but it moved it. I’ve moved over 30 totes and I’m impressed. I have 275 gallon totes and 330 gallon totes.

OK, Thanks, I'm hoping once I get a rear ballast of some type I will be able to move them around, right now is not a good idea. I only got them a few inches off the ground and the loader was about maxed but I think if I could keep rear planted it would do ok.

Njtool

Equipment
Jan 1, 2021
New jersey
OK, Thanks, I'm hoping once I get a rear ballast of some type I will be able to move them around, right now is not a good idea. I only got them a few inches off the ground and the loader was about maxed but I think if I could keep rear planted it would do ok.
You’re not going to be able to lift them more than a foot or so, but it lifts them

i7win7

Equipment
BX2370, B2650 grapple, tree puller, trailer mover, 3 point hoist, mower, tiller
Feb 21, 2020
Central, IL
LX2610 replaces the B2650. Have Rim Guard (liquid ballast) in tires and ballast box/implement on rear. Pallet forks lifts the least amount of weight but, is great for items to big to toss into bucket. Grapples good for logs, rocks, long objects.

Freeheeler

Equipment
b2650 tlb
Aug 16, 2018
Knoxville, TN
Are your rear tires filled? With the backhoe on and my rears filled, I've carried over 1800 lbs with my forks and the rears never felt light. The forks won't lift near that much, but they will carry it. Rear ballast is a must for heavy loader work, filled tires means less additional ballast needed. I think you'll be much happier once the backhoe is back there.

Geezer3d

Equipment
Kubota LX2610SU
Apr 22, 2021
Heart of the Catskills
What he said.... I have a LX2610SU and have the tires filled and a backhoe. I have never had the back tires feel light regardless of how much I tried to lift. I have moved stumps which would only come a couple inches off of the ground and tried to lift heavier things that would not budge and still the tires remained firmly planted.

tetonview

Lifetime Member

Equipment
'21 LX2610HSDC; LX2963 snowblower; LA535 FEL; RCR1260 Mower; RB1560; QH10; 3" BO
Sep 13, 2021
Southeast Idaho
Let us know if you have luck finding an LX series.
Valid point. Not the OP, but my LX2610 ordered 8/27 here in SE Idaho. "Gonna be here in 1-2 weeks" - 3 months later I'm still waiting. I did order Titan pallet forks because the Kubota forks were reported as 13 month backorder - and they are sitting in the garage. And I have bird dogger's very nice covers just in case the tractor gets here in time for some snowblowing. Ordered Bora 3' wheel spacers (which look great) and paid for expedited delivery based on the 1-2 weeks - those have been here for 2.5 months. I did join USEF for $25 to get the Equine discount, which will be about a $3500 savings based on an OTT suggestion - and I checked that even if the delivery is after the expiration of the offer I will get the discount. Patience is required these days.

RalphVa

Jan 19, 2020
Charlottesville
Unless you're digging in dirt a lot or trying to get stumps out with the FEL, even as low hp as 18.5 is fine. That's what I had in my first tractor. Fine for bush hogging with 4 ft and wood chipping with a MacKissic.