LX2610?

RalphVa

Jan 19, 2020
Charlottesville
I currently have a JD 2025R, very capable tractor with same hp as the LX26. Very satisfied with it except for a number of electrical issues. JD have a self destruct driveshaft Ujoint. One blew apart on my 4010 at 9 years and 660 hours. Want a Kubota now.

Have inquired with 3 nearby dealers re availability of the LX2610SU. Will fall back to the seemingly fairly available B2301 if I have to.

The SU does not come with the better seat?

Reactions: 1 user

Njtool

Equipment
Lx2610 HSDC. BH77 backhoe
Jan 1, 2021
New jersey
The LX and the B2301 are vastly different machines. Don’t settle just because of availability, you can find an LX, keep looking.

Jchonline

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota L6060, KX040-4, M7060, RTV X1100C, M62 (sold)
Oct 28, 2018
Red Feather Lakes, CO
The LX and the B2301 are vastly different machines. Don’t settle just because of availability, you can find an LX, keep looking.
Not vastly, but they are different. The LX was formerly the B50 series of machine. Comparing it to a B01, you will get a heavier machine, and many extra deluxe features. It’s also the smallest machine Kubota offers with a factory cab…which is a huge consideration.

Orange man

Equipment
Kubota L2501 LA525 loader , woods prd6000 mower, Land pride RB 1672
Jul 23, 2014
WNY
The dealer near me has 5 or 6 Lx machines in stock and several loaders also. I would try to find a lx if you can.

SAR Tracker

Equipment
LX2610HSDC, FEL, LX2963 Snowblower, BH77 Backhoe, forks
Nov 17, 2020
Central Oregon
Another thing to keep in mind - the LX2610 doesn't require DEF fluid. Anything bigger does. Not a big deal for some, but it was a deal changer for me.

Oliver

Equipment
L2501, JD 3520
Feb 2, 2011
Preston County, WV
Let me ask you this, wood is seasoned and dry? and what ballast do you have? I just got my lx2610 last week and tried to lift an IBC tote with my 48-inch pallet forks with semi-green wood and no rear ballast yet. (Backhoe back-ordered for months now.)
I got it maybe 3-4" off the ground struggling, then I felt the backend of the tractor start to lift up so I just threw in the towel. Let me know your thoughts. Thanks Nick
Guys I had a B2650 (LX2610) and I wouldn't even consider lifting much of anything without rear ballast, it's hard on the front axle and more importantly dangerous when the rear wheels leave the ground.
The L2501 I have now lifts about the same as a LX2610 but is about 1,000 pounds heavier. The other day I had the ballast box on another tractor and rather than switch it thought surely the L can lift a bucket of green cherry cuts across a trail to my driveway. Well at the first small bump the back lifted, so I dumped the load and went back for the ballast box. Here's a pick of that load which isn't much.

Elliott in GA

Equipment
LX 2610SU w/535,LP RCR1860,FDR1660,SGC0554,FSP500, DD BBX60005
Mar 10, 2021
North Georgia
I currently have a JD 2025R, very capable tractor with same hp as the LX26. Very satisfied with it except for a number of electrical issues. JD have a self destruct driveshaft Ujoint. One blew apart on my 4010 at 9 years and 660 hours. Want a Kubota now.

Have inquired with 3 nearby dealers re availability of the LX2610SU. Will fall back to the seemingly fairly available B2301 if I have to.

The SU does not come with the better seat?
No - the SU comes with a decent but not deluxe seat. However, you can swap to the deluxe seat from the regular LX - if that is important. I am fine with the SU seat, but people want/need different things. I am not sure as to the cost, but I would guess around $600 to swap.

Steamer Pete

Equipment
LX2610
Mar 29, 2021
Holland, MI
Bought my LX2610 back in April 2021 to manage my new home in the woods. Bought it with the front end loader and fork attachment. Back tires loaded. All the reading I did, I was coming up with a ballast box for about 600# of ballast. I can lift to the extreems of the loader and the rear end never get light. Can hardly lift half or 2/3 of its capacity without the ballast, and is far more compact than leaving an implement on all the time. First time back blading snow with it last weekend. Still learning on the little tractor, but very pleased with it so far. Have accumulated a box blade, back blade with shoes, boom & carry-all on the used market.

Pete - - central west Michigan

RalphVa

Jan 19, 2020
Charlottesville
Decided the LX was too big and some complaints about treadle pedal and HST whine.

Ended up with the B2601 because the dealer in Winchester (a bit over 2 hours away) was the nearest one that had loaders. He didn't have a B2301, and I would have wanted wheel spacers on it, and they likely would have required a wait.

rc51stierhoff

Equipment
B2650, MX6000, (BX sold)
Sep 13, 2021
Ohio
Hello All

I just closed on a six acre property and I’m looking at buying my first tractor and would appreciate any advise.
The tractor will be used to maintain a gravel driveway and road, brush hogging some pasture land, cleaning up some wooded areas, I will most likely add a grapple as well as there are a lot of mature oaks on the property that need pruning and possible a post whole auger as I would like to fence the rest of the property not all ready fenced.
Is the LX2610 sufficient size and power to handle these types of duties? I would not be using it for any finishing mowing as I have a commercial zero turn mower for that type of work.
Good day. Most likely you will run out of weight before you run out of horsepower. Depending on wether or not weight (stability and traction) is a value, for your application, and if you do not require a mid mount mower an L might be worth a look. I am sure will hear here both sides of the coin. If dealer has one of each you can drive that might help. Also think about how long you plan to keep and any other future tasks or properties you might eventually have. Just me personally after buying a Bx(since sold) and now have a B and an MX, if I were doing over I would buy one frame size bigger than what you think you need on the very first one(I could have bought a B on first try but I could not image needing more…in reality if I did not need a mid mount mower a small L is probably the better value/capability. You don’t need the horsepower really just the weight and footprint, in my opinion) Once you have you will find other uses and I suspect most tractor owners don’t wish they bought smaller, unless there is a legitimate space constraint for maneuverability. Maybe also check you garage and barn door heights as well as any porch you may want to drive under without folding the ROPS. It cost nothing to take some measurements before you decide. Generally I’d buy as much as you can afford….if you finance when you average out one frame size bigger most likely is not much especially with todays inflation. Happy shopping. I hope I helped.

Snowman7

Equipment
LX3310 535 loader, LX2980, RB2672, FDR1660
May 20, 2020
Boyne Falls, MI.
There is virtually no HST whine on the B2601 compared to the JD2025R's. Apparently the 2610's is more like the 2025R's.
The LX whine is the only thing I don’t like about my 3310. Hearing protection is a must.

Radfisher

Equipment
BX2660, 54" mower deck, 50" snowblower, 60" snowplow blade, FEL
Oct 9, 2010
Homer, Alaska
Only have an acre here in Central Oregon, but mine does everything I want - Snowblower, boxblade for the driveway, FEL, pallet forks, backhoe digs holes AND moves logs for bucking into firewood. Just received a Pine Needle Rake to make cleanup a little easier/faster. Good choice in my opinion.
Where did you get your pine needle rake from. have nothing but spruce pine needle trees on my property.

Daferris

Equipment
LX2610
Nov 23, 2021
Mid-Michigan
I have a LX2610HSD and pretty much zero wine from the trans the rattle from the ROPS is louder....

nbryan

Equipment
B2650 BH77 LA534 54" ssqa Forks B2782B BB1560 Woods M5-4 MaxxHaul 50039
Jan 3, 2019
Hadashville, Manitoba, Canada
I have a LX2610HSD and pretty much zero wine from the trans the rattle from the ROPS is louder....
I fixed that rattle on my B2650 (ROPS the same as LX2610 I believe) with a bolt and lock nut - I forget the diameter, thread pitch and length, but a guess would be 3/8NCx1 1/2", or thereabouts? There's a threaded piece on the front of the hinge that the bolt can go through to act as a stop for the rops when it's pinned into place. It can be adjusted to solve the rattling but allow the pin through without binding. Then use the lock nut to fix it there.

Rwire17

Equipment
LX2610SU, LA535, BH77, BB1260, PFL2042. Cub Cadet ZT2
Jun 28, 2021
Sidney,NY
I fixed that rattle on my B2650 (ROPS the same as LX2610 I believe) with a bolt and lock nut - I forget the diameter, thread pitch and length, but a guess would be 3/8NCx1 1/2", or thereabouts? There's a threaded piece on the front of the hinge that the bolt can go through to act as a stop for the rops when it's pinned into place. It can be adjusted to solve the rattling but allow the pin through without binding. Then use the lock nut to fix it there.
Kubota has the knob listed.
This is from Messicks
Kubota: SCREW, KNOB M6X2, Part # 37410-52610