lx2610 recommended Accessories & Brush guard and Chainsaw holder

DomG

Equipment
LX2610hsd/535FEL/BH77/PFL1242/BB1260 -- Toro Zero Turn
Oct 19, 2023
Alberta Canada
Good Afternoon

Just Ordered my Lx2610/BH77/pallet forks and looking for recommendations for some accessories that makes sense along with a brush guard and chainsaw holder for the tractor. Located in Northern Alberta so we do normally get cold and snow (this season has been dry and warm with no snow yet).

Mainly doing some small tree removal/firewood for personal use and trail clearing. also small garden and in general light land maintenance. I am not mowing with the LX but will be considering snow blower down the road as we are building a second home on the back of our property so our driveway will go from 500ft to well over 1km with the last 300ft in very dense woods.

I'd consider making a brush guard but don't have any welding tools. unless there are some easier ways to do so?

any suggestions greatly appreciated.

JimmyJazz

Equipment
B2601
Aug 8, 2020
Pittsburgh, Pa
Consider buying a 3 point hitch mounted carry all frame and building a box to go on it to hold your fire wood and chainsaw. Check YouTube for examples. Also google specialty repairs and custom mods. These people make some nice (and expensive) aftermarket filter guards and whatnot that might be helpful given your stated objectives. Good luck and congratulations on your purchase. Great little tractor.

Last edited:

DomG

Equipment
Oct 19, 2023
Alberta Canada
Consider buying a 3 point hitch mounted carry all frame and building a box to go on it to hold your fire wood and chainsaw. Check YouTube for examples. Also google specialty repairs and custom mods. These people make some nice (and expensive) aftermarket filter guards and whatnot that might be helpful given your stated objectives. Good luck and congratulations on your purchase. Great little tractor.
mainly keeping backhoe on so that wouldnt work to much at this time.

beckmurph

Equipment
Kubota LX2610TLB/Woods finish mower/woods rotary cutter/
Aug 23, 2012
catlettsburg, ky
A set of similar lights for your ROPS.
If, you do any work after dark:

Nilight ZH016 12 Inch 72W Spot Combo Bar 2PCS 4 Inch 18W Flood LED Fog Lights with Off Road Wiring Harness- 2 Leads, 2 Years Warranty , White https://a.co/d/1dLXXCR

Reactions: 1 user

Donystoy

Equipment
LX2610HSDCC, B/H, Loader, plus numerous other attachments. B7200 sold
Dec 10, 2013
Binbrook, Ontario
Hope you ordered the tractor with a cab. With a long driveway like that and with probably more snow than where I live it will be a struggle without one. The driveway that I clear is 4000 feet long and is the reason that I finally got a tractor with a cab.

beckmurph

Equipment
Kubota LX2610TLB/Woods finish mower/woods rotary cutter/
Aug 23, 2012
catlettsburg, ky
Extendable lower links on the 3pt hitch are really handy.

Reactions: 1 user

Geezer3d

Equipment
Kubota LX2610SU
Apr 22, 2021
Heart of the Catskills
Have you considered a grapple? I have one for my LX2610 and it is my most used implement. It is especially handy for moving downed trees and clearing brush.

DomG

Equipment
Oct 19, 2023
Alberta Canada
Have you considered a grapple? I have one for my LX2610 and it is my most used implement. It is especially handy for moving downed trees and clearing brush.
I did at first this on the bucket list. as i was paying cash i was in a budget and did fairly well to stay within it. it was get pallet forks so i can at least use this summer or only get 3rd function and wait for the grapples next year.

rh74

Equipment
LX2610, LA535, BH77, LX2980, RB1672, BB2560, PFL1242
Feb 17, 2024
Hoosick Falls, NY
If your grill guard has the square holes punched out like one in the attached photo (It's a photo of my LX2610). You can use the Kubota Whole Goods Brush Guard kit B2328. The cost was $243 and it includes the center insert, left/right side guards, and mounting hardware. I bought my LX2610 in September of 2023 and it came with the newest style grill guard. When I get a chance, I will post a picture with the brush guards installed.

You can also see them installed on the Messicks website (see link below). Their site does say that the brush guard is not compatible with LX 10 series tractors. The reason for that, is most of the LX 10 series grill guards do not have the factory punched out square holes.

Kubota #B2328 OEM Brush Guard Insert for LA545 Loaders (messicks.com)

Just to be clear the grill guard has to have the factory punched out square holes. If it doesn't you WON"T BE ABLE to install the brush guards.

Attachments

DomG

Equipment
Oct 19, 2023
Alberta Canada
If your grill guard has the square holes punched out like one in the attached photo (It's a photo of my LX2610). You can use the Kubota Whole Goods Brush Guard kit B2328. The cost was $243 and it includes the center insert, left/right side guards, and mounting hardware. I bought my LX2610 in September of 2023 and it came with the newest style grill guard. When I get a chance, I will post a picture with the brush guards installed.

You can also see them installed on the Messicks website (see link below). Their site does say that the brush guard is not compatible with LX 10 series tractors. The reason for that, is most of the LX 10 series grill guards do not have the factory punched out square holes.

Kubota #B2328 OEM Brush Guard Insert for LA545 Loaders (messicks.com)

Just to be clear the grill guard has to have the factory punched out square holes. If it doesn't you WON"T BE ABLE to install the brush guards.
Yes my Grill guard has the square holes around the frame of it. Thanks for the headsup i will look into that!

rc51stierhoff

Equipment
B2650, MX6000, (BX sold)
Sep 13, 2021
Ohio
Good Afternoon

Just Ordered my Lx2610/BH77/pallet forks and looking for recommendations for some accessories that makes sense along with a brush guard and chainsaw holder for the tractor. Located in Northern Alberta so we do normally get cold and snow (this season has been dry and warm with no snow yet).

Mainly doing some small tree removal/firewood for personal use and trail clearing. also small garden and in general light land maintenance. I am not mowing with the LX but will be considering snow blower down the road as we are building a second home on the back of our property so our driveway will go from 500ft to well over 1km with the last 300ft in very dense woods.

I'd consider making a brush guard but don't have any welding tools. unless there are some easier ways to do so?

any suggestions greatly appreciated.
Good day.

Everyone has their has a little different set up…for your description of uses, I bet you may need some sort of ballast. For your saw I think check threads for chainsaw carrier or scabbard and you will see some great ideas that members have made and bought.

regarding brush guard maybe check older threads. I’ve had positive experience with Lown and Messicks for brush guards.

Personally I am partial to my own set up (Works for me)with a ballast box (or carry all) that has a tool holder and also holds saws. Maybe look into older threads with ballast boxes and carry alls(carry your tools and wood with one of these). It might give you some ideas.

I think about a third function if thinking about a grapple?

hooks on the bucket are helpful too…check out Ken’s bolt on hooks.

Accessory lights come in handy too if playing in the dark. Welcome to the forum 🥃

Attachments

Last edited:

Superjet511

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota L2501 LA525 FEL
Sep 15, 2020
Chelsea Mi

Attachments