Upgraded Ballast Box / saw and gear carrier

rc51stierhoff

Equipment
B2650, MX6000, (BX sold)
Sep 13, 2021
Ohio
Good day. Recently I parted ways with a ballast box I had had since I got a BX(I traded to a B a several years back) The original box was not compatible with Pats Easy change that I recently put on the B. so I added this one (which will haul more weight 🥃). Today I finally got around to adding saw and kit holder on top….all from miscellaneous scrap lumber I had in the shop. Top box is easy on / off . Need to add a little outdoor stain and she will be good to go for a walk in the woods.

Attachments

Reactions: 8 users

Snowman7

Equipment
LX3310 535 loader, LX2980, RB2672, FDR1660
May 20, 2020
Boyne Falls, MI.
Good day. Recently I parted ways with a ballast box I had had since I got a BX(I traded to a B a several years back) The original box was not compatible with Pats Easy change that I recently put on the B. so I added this one (which will haul more weight 🥃). Today I finally got around to adding saw and kit holder on top….all from miscellaneous scrap lumber I had in the shop. Top box is easy on / off . Need to add a little outdoor stain and she will be good to go for a walk in the woods.
Very cool, nice

Reactions: 1 user

OrangeKrush

Equipment
BX2680, LA344 with Piranha tooth bar, LP PF 1242, LP Rear Blade, KK 60" BB
Nov 15, 2020
Indy
Nice storage compartment, lunch seat and saw holder! and out of your scrap wood .. well done!

jkrubi12

Equipment
B2601/LA435/QA54"/BH70/B8160box/BB1254/PFL1242/SGC0554/WC-68 Chipper
Sep 24, 2012
right coast
'Definitely stealing this idea for my box!'

ME TOO (y)

Reactions: 1 users

rc51stierhoff

Equipment
B2650, MX6000, (BX sold)
Sep 13, 2021
Ohio
The ‘Ducks Back’ Stain is dry…my target was reuse (use leftovers / repurpose from other projects)for all stock, fasteners, and stain. Unfortunately that meant the color code is ‘fugly’… could not think of a better name…it truly looks awful paired with the orange machine and black box. But I could not come to terms with throwing out usable stain (valspar name for the ‘ducks back’ stain…it’s decent and was leftover).

Attachments

OrangeKrush

Equipment
BX2680, LA344 with Piranha tooth bar, LP PF 1242, LP Rear Blade, KK 60" BB
Nov 15, 2020
Indy
Looks ok to me!

Chanceywd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota L2501DT BH77 VIRNIG URG60-CT 1950 8N
Mar 26, 2021
central ny
The ‘Ducks Back’ Stain is dry…my target was reuse (use leftovers / repurpose from other projects)for all stock, fasteners, and stain. Unfortunately that meant the color code is ‘fugly’… could not think of a better name…it truly looks awful paired with the orange machine and black box. But I could not come to terms with throwing out usable stain (valspar name for the ‘ducks back’ stain…it’s decent and was leftover).
The box is nice, but the pup in the photo is really nice! Really steals the shot!

Bill

Reactions: 2 users

Downeaster

Equipment
Kubota BX1880, loader, mower deck, and ballast
Oct 18, 2022
Waterford, Maine
Actually I have done a lot of that to my Kubota ballast box, and prefer to keep the BB over a QH. So The brand new Speeco cat 1 QH is now for sale on Craigslist and FB Mktplace. Your box looks great and I am big into mods.....