LX2610 or LX3310

Dieseldonato

Equipment
B7510 hydro, yanmar ym146, cub cadet 1450, 582,782
Mar 15, 2022
Pa
When I looked at the R14 and R4 tires offered by Kubota, the R4 tires had a noticeably higher load capacity. The R4 tires would seem to have stronger sidewalls, and that would mostly benefit FEL work - especially the front tires. Is the difference meaningful for most people / most work? I do not know. My exploration of tire choices stopped when the dealer had the tractor I wanted with R4s in stock, and the wait for R14s was very long - decision made. FWIW, I have been very pleased with my R4s.
I'm not knocking r4 by any means, they have their place, I just found them to be wanting in dirt and mud. The Carlisles I have are rated 4180 lbs (12r 16.5) and the galaxy was 1280lbs (240/60 r 12) the carlisle were 1810 lbs, but out of stock when I got tires. Both more then capable of handling the weight of the fel on my B and haven't had side wall issues. You kinda making we wish I had taken some side wall measurements when I was swapping them. My uncle keeps a few spare r4s laying around for a few customers skidloaders that I could have compared them to. Hinde sight being 20-20. I would have as it seems there isn't a good comparison between them. I know for the type of work I do they do very well.

Reactions: 1 user

S-G-R

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX3310, LA535, rear remotes, third function, R14's
Jun 17, 2020
PEI Canada
I had my B2601 for 250 hours (about a year), I have not noticed any significant difference in burn between the two. My anecdotal hunch is the 3310 could be a little more efficient, but those efficiencies are lost during regen so it ends up a wash.

I know when I brush hogged or tilled most of the day with the B2601 it would take about 5 gallons, the LX3310 is the same.

@S-G-R you have been working your new 3310 recently, have you noticed a burn difference between it and your prior LX2610?

I would not let emissions deter away from the lx3310. It has a warranty, and comparing it to a system that uses DPF & DEF like the aforementioned F-350 is apples to oranges. It only has DPF, and its operation is entirely in the background.
I'd say fuel consumption between the LX2610 and LX3310 is very close. I had about 15 hours on the 3310 before I put fuel in and there was probably at least two bars left on the gauge but if I remember correctly the 3310 also has a slightly larger fuel tank.

Impala

Equipment
L3302 prior B2601, prior BX2230
Jan 16, 2021
WI
Just upgraded from a B2601 (which I love) to a L3302. Mainly for the weight and hp. B worked the rotary mower fine but more HP was needed for the finish mower when it get longer. I really wanted the weight and stability for my hills and it is sandy. Went with the R14's. Hoping for better traction with the combination of tires and weight. Both are ballasted with Rim Guard.

BlueMule65

Equipment
LX2610
Jan 6, 2023
Kentucky
How much pulling power would you gain by going with the LX3310 vs the LX2610? I have a 14k trailer and am upgrading from my BX2380 because it won't pull it.

SDT

Equipment
multiple and various
Apr 15, 2018
SE, IN
How much pulling power would you gain by going with the LX3310 vs the LX2610? I have a 14k trailer and am upgrading from my BX2380 because it won't pull it.
With over 35% more HP, the 3310 will put much more power to the wheels, but weighing approximately the same, off road pulling power will be about the same.

Daferris

Equipment
LX2610
Nov 23, 2021
Mid-Michigan
In low range none your traction limited
Mid range might possibly see something but probably only if going up hill.
Hi range yes you would see a difference

PaulL

Equipment
B2601
Jul 17, 2017
NZ
won't pull it.
Won't move it at all, or won't pull it at the speed you wish? A sub compact or compact tractor isn't safe pulling a 14K trailer that's loaded unless it's on the flat and small distances. If you're pulling it on the flat and small distances then I would have thought a BX would move it.

If you're doing it often, fast or up/down hills you need a tractor that weighs a reasonable proportion of the trailer weight - MX or M I'd have thought for 14K.

BlueMule65

Equipment
LX2610
Jan 6, 2023
Kentucky
Won't move it at all, or won't pull it at the speed you wish? A sub compact or compact tractor isn't safe pulling a 14K trailer that's loaded unless it's on the flat and small distances. If you're pulling it on the flat and small distances then I would have thought a BX would move it.

If you're doing it often, fast or up/down hills you need a tractor that weighs a reasonable proportion of the trailer weight - MX or M I'd have thought for 14K.
The BX will move it empty but I can hear the transmission whine hard on even small hills and It slows to a crawl. More than that, the weight of the BX doesn't feel safe moving it. I tried pulling a loaded 12' box trailer and it pushed my BX sideways going down a slight hill. I'd like to be able to pull the trailer around empty or move my boat around safely. The boat would be solely on the concrete pad but the trailer around the yard empty.

rc51stierhoff

Equipment
B2650, MX6000, (BX sold)
Sep 13, 2021
Ohio
I think it would be better to worry about stopping (vs what it call pull).

I have a B and an MX as well as a14k (weighs 4k) trailer (I have a hilly property, driveway and road). In my case it is not safe to pull a 14k trailer with my B. Safe to me means ability to handle tongue weight and control the load across the terrain, including stopping.

nbryan

Equipment
B2650 BH77 LA534 54" ssqa Forks B2782B BB1560 Woods M5-4 MaxxHaul 50039
Jan 3, 2019
Hadashville, Manitoba, Canada
Guys,

Thanks for all the feedback. As of now, I'm thinking I'm going to go with the LX3310.

Please continue to provide me with your recommendation.

Looking to make a purchase in the next week or so.
The main things I'm looking for with the upgrade are FEL, R14 tires and suspension seat.
Thanks
Go SSQA with the FEL and get adjustable-width 2000lb 42" pallet forks too.

I just spent 5 hours harvesting tamarack firewood using those forks, and a 3-point hitch receiver on the back with a chain to skid them out. IMO forks are more adaptable than a grapple.

I used them a few times today to get my wheels out of a couple holes between tamarack roots in the bog that the 4WD, difflock and some rocking couldn't solve. The holes are impossible to avoid with the 2 ft of snow on everything.

Raise the boom, then all-down tilt the forks in the air. Lower and jab tips into the ground a foot (or whenever they hit) then while standing on the difflock lever and pressing the hst reverse pedal, curl back the forks. Often takes a few tries but has always gotten me unstuck and back to bush work within seconds or minutes.

Get forks and if you're anything like me on the land and in the woods they'll be the most used implement you use on the tractor. I store, dry and move my firewood for the house using pallets. Pallets are your friend, for lots of uses.

I also added a WM68 chipper to the implements mix given all the tree work the tractor has enabled.

And my Woods M5-4 5ft bush hog does fine, but obviously more pto hp would allow for faster cutting.

Enjoy your new machine(s)!!

PaulL

Equipment
B2601
Jul 17, 2017
NZ
The BX will move it empty but I can hear the transmission whine hard on even small hills and It slows to a crawl. More than that, the weight of the BX doesn't feel safe moving it. I tried pulling a loaded 12' box trailer and it pushed my BX sideways going down a slight hill. I'd like to be able to pull the trailer around empty or move my boat around safely. The boat would be solely on the concrete pad but the trailer around the yard empty.
My B2601 pulls my boat happily. A Malibu ski boat, approx 2400kg on trailer, around 5000 lb. It pulls it fine on the flat, and pulls it in and out of the boat ramp fine. I wouldn't attempt any hills at speed, the boat ramp is safe because a) we go slow, and b) if something goes wrong you have the boat in the water, which isn't the end of the world. The BX also used to pull the boat fine as well in low ratio, a bit harder to get traction was all.

I'd imagine I could pull a much heavier boat on the flat just fine, again, slowly moving it in and out of the garage or around a flat concrete area. Inertia / starting / stopping are the issues, but when going slowly they aren't that big a deal. I don't believe that you hurt an HST by working it hard, you can hurt it by over heating it though (so working it hard for long periods).

Ultimately I come back to my first statement though - for a 14,000 lb trailer fully loaded, I'd want 5,000 lb of tractor at least (assuming you have trailer brakes that work when on the tractor). MX territory.

B737

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX3310
Jun 9, 2019
New Jersey
No problem whatsoever moving my (empty) 14k trailer (empty weight 3,500 lbs) with LX3310 (loaded r4 tires). I moved it either using rear hitch or the draw bar, non event, up and downhill. Not sure how LX2610 would compare but probably similar.

The 4k premium over the LX2610 is in the eye of the beholder. When moving from B2601 to LX3310 I noticed the most dramatic difference running the brush hog and tiller, and stuffing the bucket into piles for full scoops (no RPM dips). Everything outside of PTO work is prob 99% of the same between the two.

Reactions: 1 users