LX2610 or LX3310

Chevy1

Equipment
LX3310
May 7, 2022
Mississippi
Hi,

I currently have a B3200 with a MMM 72" and a 5' Bush hog. I primary use the tractor to mow my 3 acre house and manage my 400 acre deer property. I'm looking to upgrade to a LX2610 or a LX3310. The salesman is recommending the LX2610 but I have concerns with downgrading HP/ PTO HP with the deer property. When I mow the 10 acres of food plots the plots are normally between 3-5'. My B3200 has no problem cutting the tall fields in Med range. My fear of purchasing the LX2610 is that it will bog down cutting the plots in Med range and if that happens I will not be happy with the tractor.

I'm also looking to purchase the FEL so I can do more work on the deer property. From what I've researched most people are recommending 5 PTO HP per foot of a bush hog. If that is true then the LX2610 will be to small at 19hp for the PTO.

There is about a $4k difference between the two tractors.

Please let me know if you need anymore information to help me with my purchase.
Thanks

Bmyers

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Grand L3560 with LA805 loader, EA 55" Wicked Grapple, SBX72 BB, LP 1272 mower
May 27, 2019
Southern Illinois
The advantage to the 2610 is no DPF. The disadvantage to the 2610 is less PTO HP.

$4,000 difference will buy you a couple of implements. Yet, the 3310 may have the additional HP you need to do the projects in the time frame you have.

I can't think of a post, which I'm sure there is one somewhere, that the owner complained about buying to big of tractor.

With 400acres I'm surprised you aren't looking at the MX series tractor, 400 acres is some serious land.

Reactions: 3 users

Jhilde

Equipment
B2650
Apr 26, 2021
Saskatchewan
I've been running a b2650 with five foot bush hog for the last couple years and I don't have any trouble. Last fall I helped a friend out by mowing down a few acres of six foot tall weeds and trees without problem. Prior to the Kubota I had a Massey Ferguson 135 and although it had more power it ran the bush hog just the same as the Kubota.

Reactions: 1 user

S-G-R

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX3310, LA535, rear remotes, third function, R14's
Jun 17, 2020
PEI Canada
I just moved up to a LX3310 from a LX2610 primarily because of pto hp but after using it the past couple of weeks pushing into dirt and gravel with the bucket and using the grapple as a root rake the extra hp let's me push further then I could with the 2610. The R14's are giving me extra traction as well.

As for the DPF I was initially a bit nervous but it went though its first regen yesterday and I had to bump up the rpm 200 and kept working. Other than the regen light flashing you wouldn't even know it was happening.

Reactions: 1 users

Chevy1

Equipment
LX3310
May 7, 2022
Mississippi
The advantage to the 2610 is no DPF. The disadvantage to the 2610 is less PTO HP.

$4,000 difference will buy you a couple of implements. Yet, the 3310 may have the additional HP you need to do the projects in the time frame you have.

I can't think of a post, which I'm sure there is one somewhere, that the owner complained about buying to big of tractor.

With 400acres I'm surprised you aren't looking at the MX series tractor, 400 acres is some serious land.
Yes, The LX2610 would be a benefit with not having DPF. Kubota did fix the issues with the B3350 when they build the LX3310. The 400 acres is mostly woods. The food plots and trails are about 10 acres. The $4k could go to something else like you mentioned but with Kubota's 0% APR it's only about $45 difference per month. The LX3310 is the same size as my B3200.
Thanks for the info.

Chevy1

Equipment
LX3310
May 7, 2022
Mississippi
I've been running a b2650 with five foot bush hog for the last couple years and I don't have any trouble. Last fall I helped a friend out by mowing down a few acres of six foot tall weeds and trees without problem. Prior to the Kubota I had a Massey Ferguson 135 and although it had more power it ran the bush hog just the same as the Kubota.
Thanks for the info on your B2650. This was the feedback I was looking for.

jimh406

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota L2501 with R4 tires
Jan 29, 2021
Western MT
Unless you are getting a cab, you should also consider an L and Grand L if not the MX. They are significantly larger and may keep you from having to upgrade again in a short while.

Chevy1

Equipment
LX3310
May 7, 2022
Mississippi
I just moved up to a LX3310 from a LX2610 primarily because of pto hp but after using it the past couple of weeks pushing into dirt and gravel with the bucket and using the grapple as a root rake the extra hp let's me push further then I could with the 2610. The R14's are giving me extra traction as well.

As for the DPF I was initially a bit nervous but it went though its first regen yesterday and I had to bump up the rpm 200 and kept working. Other than the regen light flashing you wouldn't even know it was happening.
Thanks...I was also looking to get the R14 tires. The LX2610 only has 19hp at the PTO and that is my concern is with the smaller tractor. will the 19hp at the PTO be enough for a 5' bush hog and / or a till.

Chevy1

Equipment
LX3310
May 7, 2022
Mississippi
Unless you are getting a cab, you should also consider an L and Grand L if not the MX. They are significantly larger and may keep you from having to upgrade again in a short while.
The L and larger tractors don't support a MMM. The tractor is dual use with the house and deer property. So, the LX is the largest I want to go.

sardillim

Equipment
b2650
Nov 24, 2019
Easton
I just went from a B2650 (which is basically the same as the LX2610) to the LX3310. For me there is a difference between the two machines with the more horsepower the 3310 is a little heavier which winds up being an advantage for me when I plow snow. If I find myself using the snow blower instead of the plow there is a significant difference in the horsepower to the implement and is less likely to pull down the engine when the snow blower is laboring through heavy snow I disagree with the salesman I would go with the LX3310

jimh406

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota L2501 with R4 tires
Jan 29, 2021
Western MT
The L and larger tractors don't support a MMM. The tractor is dual use with the house and deer property. So, the LX is the largest I want to go.
You can buy a finish mower or flail finish mower for what you can buy a MMM. The LX is only slightly bigger than your current B. It seems like it would make more sense to keep the B3200 if you want to stay with a MMM.

You can look at the dimensions on tractordata.com

Reactions: 2 users

S-G-R

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jun 17, 2020
PEI Canada
You can buy a finish mower or flail finish mower for what you can buy a MMM. The LX is only slightly bigger than your current B. It seems like it would make more sense to keep the B3200 if you want to stay with a MMM.

You can look at the dimensions on tractordata.com
I missed the mmm part. That was another reason the 2610 got traded. Much happier with my rear finish mower.

davep

Equipment
LX2610SU, RCR1860, BB1260, QH10, CID HBHS, CID CTFF, WR Long RBG2
Jul 20, 2021
Virginia
I have a 2610 with both a rear finish and a bush hog. The 5’ bush hog (RCR1860) never has any issue. The finish mower (FDR1660) will lose power if cutting thick grass on a hill. All my cutting is done in medium gear.

Chevy1

Equipment
LX3310
May 7, 2022
Mississippi
Guys,

Thanks for all the feedback. As of now, I'm thinking I'm going to go with the LX3310.

Please continue to provide me with your recommendation.

Looking to make a purchase in the next week or so.
The main things I'm looking for with the upgrade are FEL, R14 tires and suspension seat.
Thanks

Dieseldonato

Equipment
B7510 hydro, yanmar ym146, cub cadet 1450, 582,782
Mar 15, 2022
Pa
I bush hogged with my dad's 5 foot on my B7510, think it 17 or 18 pto hp. No issues with running it at all, even in high grass, weeds, brush. He also has a 6foot finish mower that I've tried over my 60" mmm, it does it but not nearly as good as the mmm. He has a l245dt (25hp engine 20pto hp) he has no issues running either implement. Imo we focus too much on hp 99% of the time. If your not using power hungry implements there's no real need for the extra hp. The loader work doesn't really care about 6hp, that's more about getting the power to the ground, and style of digging. Unless the tractor is physically sized bigger (it not in this case) no one will convince me both tractors set up identically with a few hp different will make any real difference in cycle time or breakout force.

Dieseldonato

Equipment
B7510 hydro, yanmar ym146, cub cadet 1450, 582,782
Mar 15, 2022
Pa
Oh the r14 tires are awsome. Used many larger tractors with them and have them on my B as well. Really like the grip, stability, and they don't tear the grass up too bad either.

Chevy1

Equipment
LX3310
May 7, 2022
Mississippi
Thanks for all your feedback.

As of now, I think I'm going to go with the LX 3310, looking to make a purchase in the next week or so.

Please continue to provide me you recommendations so I can ensure I'm making the right purchase.
The main things I'm looking for with the upgrade is FEL, R14 tires, and suspension seat.
Thanks

Jhtractor

Equipment
2021 LX3310, LA535, RTR1258 tiller, QH10, BB1260, LX2963, PF1242, RCK60
Apr 23, 2021
Wisconsin
I went in to the dealer to buy the LX2610 a year ago and ended up with the LX3310 because they had one in stock vs waiting. Finance committee at home told me to get what I wanted so I did. Have 85 hours on the tractor, mostly moving dirt with the FEL, box blade and tiller around our new home to put in the lawn and landscaping. Also have a front snowblower, but it was a mild winter. Plenty of power and PTO power with all the of the implements. DFP and regen have been a non-issue, happens about every 15-20 hours. Also have the MMM, as my property is very hilly and the 4wd is helpful to mow. Very pleased with the R14 tires in mud and snow. Didn't need chains even with a 25 degree slope on part of my long driveway. Don't tear up the lawn, unless I try to drive on a hill when its really wet, but I fixed the ruts and put grass seed on it today....😝. I had the same thoughts about the MMM, biggest tractor that could handle a MMM, as I am not sure a zero turn would navigate my hilly property. I might consider a rear finish mower for the ease of changing implements, but happy with the MMM. Best of luck in your purchase.

S-G-R

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jun 17, 2020
PEI Canada
Thanks...I was also looking to get the R14 tires. The LX2610 only has 19hp at the PTO and that is my concern is with the smaller tractor. will the 19hp at the PTO be enough for a 5' bush hog and / or a till.
It will probably handle it, just slower going...

rc51stierhoff

Equipment
B2650, MX6000, (BX sold)
Sep 13, 2021
Ohio
I went in to the dealer to buy the LX2610 a year ago and ended up with the LX3310 because they had one in stock vs waiting. Finance committee at home told me to get what I wanted so I did. Have 85 hours on the tractor, mostly moving dirt with the FEL, box blade and tiller around our new home to put in the lawn and landscaping. Also have a front snowblower, but it was a mild winter. Plenty of power and PTO power with all the of the implements. DFP and regen have been a non-issue, happens about every 15-20 hours. Also have the MMM, as my property is very hilly and the 4wd is helpful to mow. Very pleased with the R14 tires in mud and snow. Didn't need chains even with a 25 degree slope on part of my long driveway. Don't tear up the lawn, unless I try to drive on a hill when its really wet, but I fixed the ruts and put grass seed on it today....😝. I had the same thoughts about the MMM, biggest tractor that could handle a MMM, as I am not sure a zero turn would navigate my hilly property. I might consider a rear finish mower for the ease of changing implements, but happy with the MMM. Best of luck in your purchase.
Same here…MMM can be Achilles heel…I ended up with 2 machines.