LX series OEM 3d function question

rAzkid

Equipment
BX2200D, LX3310, FEL, MMM, PF, rear mount snowblower
Nov 6, 2020
MA
I ordered my LX3310 with a 3RD FUNCTION VALVE KIT (CAB) (B7369) to use with a grapple. On the side of the loader control lever there is a button you push to activate the 3d function and two buttons to control the 3d function. I have found that when I have the 3d function activated and operate the 3d function, the bucket won't curl. To me it seems this is actually a diverter valve and not a true 3d function setup.
Is this normal or did the dealer install something other then the 3RD FUNCTION VALVE KIT (CAB) (B7369)? Looking for answers from anyone that has an LX cab series with the 3RD FUNCTION VALVE KIT (CAB) (B7369) option.

DustyRusty

Equipment
2020 BX23S, BX2822 Snowblower, Curtis Deluxe Cab,
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
I don't have an LX, however, I have been investigating the the Land Pride 3rd function valve for my BX23S. When I spoke to the salesman at the tractor dealership, he told me that the one that Kubota sells for the BX is a diverter valve, and that the one that Land Pride sells is a true 3rd function valve. He also told me that they routinely install the Land Pride on all the larger tractors, and have never installed the Land Pride on a BX, but they have installed a lot of the Kubota valves. The one thing that I have learned from talking to a bunch of dealers is that most of the salespeople haven't a clue as to the differences, nor do they know much more than that which they are taught at sales meetings. I am certain that there are knowledgeable sales people out there, but you only learn what they really know when you start asking them what the difference is. If you have the original paperwork on the valve that they installed, you can research the valve more throughly. You could also call Land Pride and ask them what the difference is between what was installed on your tractor and the Land Pride unit.
Found this on youtube..

SDT

Equipment
multiple and various
Apr 15, 2018
SE, IN
I ordered my LX3310 with a 3RD FUNCTION VALVE KIT (CAB) (B7369) to use with a grapple. On the side of the loader control lever there is a button you push to activate the 3d function and two buttons to control the 3d function. I have found that when I have the 3d function activated and operate the 3d function, the bucket won't curl. To me it seems this is actually a diverter valve and not a true 3d function setup.
Is this normal or did the dealer install something other then the 3RD FUNCTION VALVE KIT (CAB) (B7369)? Looking for answers from anyone that has an LX cab series with the 3RD FUNCTION VALVE KIT (CAB) (B7369) option.
Something is not right.

I have the Kubota (not aftermarket) third function valve on my B3350 ROPS and turning it on or off does not affect curl or lift functions.

SDT

je1279

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX2610 w/ 60" MMM, LP 72" Snow Plow, EA Wicked 55" Grapple, and Woods 60" BB
Dec 6, 2020
Upstate NY
I installed the Kubota 3rd function kit myself on my LX2610 ROPS and it's a true 3rd function that connects to the power beyond port. I know the model number is different for the ROPS kit and the CAB kit though. Does yours have two hoses that trace back to the pump under the seat?

Last edited:

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
re: a button you push to activate the 3d function and two buttons to control the 3d function. I have found that when I have the 3d function activated and operate the 3d function, the bucket won't curl. To me it seems this is actually a diverter valve and not a true 3d function setup.
yes, a DIVERTER system NOT a TRUE 3rd function !!

It's kind of a 'cheat' though it 'does' provide a 3rd function it's NOT full time. Some applications it could be ok, but I can see a lot that NEED truw ,fulltime 3rd function.

I've been looking into this for my BX23S and may just get the '2 rear remotes kit'. A lot depends if I sell the 23s and get a B2601 though...

rAzkid

Equipment
Nov 6, 2020
MA
I installed the Kubota 3rd function myself on my LX2610 ROPS and it's a true 3rd function that connects to the power beyond port. I know the model number is different for the ROPS kit and the CAB kit though. Does yours have two hoses that trace back to the pump under the seat?
je1279, does yours have the activation button and two control buttons?

Crash277

Equipment
BX23S
Jan 17, 2021
Canada
re: a button you push to activate the 3d function and two buttons to control the 3d function. I have found that when I have the 3d function activated and operate the 3d function, the bucket won't curl. To me it seems this is actually a diverter valve and not a true 3d function setup.
yes, a DIVERTER system NOT a TRUE 3rd function !!

It's kind of a 'cheat' though it 'does' provide a 3rd function it's NOT full time. Some applications it could be ok, but I can see a lot that NEED truw ,fulltime 3rd function.

I've been looking into this for my BX23S and may just get the '2 rear remotes kit'. A lot depends if I sell the 23s and get a B2601 though...

I had the dealer install a true third function on my bx23s, and then had them run a set of lines to the rear to utilize it as a set of rear remotes for my snow blower chute.

scroll to the end. it works great.

New guy with a BX23S looking for opinions. | OrangeTractorTalks - Everything Kubota

je1279

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Dec 6, 2020
Upstate NY
je1279, does yours have the activation button and two control buttons?
It does. Here is a link with some pictures from when I installed it.

rAzkid

Equipment
Nov 6, 2020
MA
It does. Here is a link with some pictures from when I installed it.

Thanks for the link and photos je1279! That is the same control as what I have. I'll have to look and see where the hoses connect tomorrow. You're sure your dump and curl function at the same time a 3d function button is being used?

Reactions: 1 user

je1279

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Dec 6, 2020
Upstate NY
To be honest I've never tried as I'm currently using the 3rd function for angling the plow and never had a need to dump or curl at the same time but I will try it today. Since they are on separate hydraulic loops I don't see how one would impact the other but I will report back.

je1279

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Dec 6, 2020
Upstate NY
Well I'll be damned. Angling the plow did not work when I was curling at the same time. I'm going to need someone smarter than I to explain why though as it doesn't make any sense based on how the hydraulics are connected.

Last edited:

rAzkid

Equipment
Nov 6, 2020
MA
Well I'll be damned. Angling the plow did not work when I was curling at the same time. I'm going to need someone smarter than I to explain why though as it doesn't make any sense based on how the hydraulics are connected.
I checked and mine is plumbed the same as yours and I see you are getting the same results!

Old_Paint

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX2610SU, LA535 FEL w/54" bucket, LandPride BB1248, Woodland Mills WC-68
Dec 5, 2020
AL
Even if both valves open at the same time, the motion that's hardest to move will lag until pressure is developed in the cylinder of the other motion. One will sit still while the other moves until the pressure moves the second cylinder. This is also why Kubota didn't put a lower and curl function in their valve. Lift and curl, yes, but both motions lose nearly half their power until one or the other stalls.