LX 2610 Rear PTO Snowblower

KCP

Equipment
LX2610
Mar 4, 2023
Killington
I've done enough research to conclude rear pto blower fits my needs best.

Anyone have any recommendations - reliability, ease of install/deinstall, maintenance? Price is always a factor but not the driver.

Thanks in advance.

Ken

NorthwoodsLife

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota B7100(sold), Kubota LX2610 Cab
Oct 15, 2021
Wisconsin
Well, in my history, as far as "REAR" PTO snow blowers go:

If, and that's a big IF, you can stay ahead of the snow depth, a forward facing - rear pto blower is good. Because you will be driving over the snow that you wish to blow.

If a blizzard happens, a rear facing, rear blowing snow blower is what you'll need.

You cannot drive over 3 feet of snow. But you can back into a snow bank of any height with a rear pto, rear facing blower.

NorthwoodsLife

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Oct 15, 2021
Wisconsin
Spend the coin. Go front blower. You have the mid PTO, unless you bought a LX2610 SU.

Reactions: 1 user

edritchey

Lifetime Member

Equipment
A bunch of cute little Kubotas
Jul 19, 2014
Wellsville, PA
M.K. Martin would be a good choice I've been running them for awhile and they hold up well. I had Blizzard brand models made by Radtech and they are also built very good to.

My neighbor has been using a Woods brand 3 point snowblower for years on his driveway and it too seems to be holding very well. Just like anything else care and maintenance is key :)

I would stay away from Chinese made models I've never personally owned any but they don't get very good reviews on the internet other than being cheaper.

Reactions: 1 users

KCP

Equipment
LX2610
Mar 4, 2023
Killington
M.K. Martin would be a good choice I've been running them for awhile and they hold up well. I had Blizzard brand models made by Radtech and they are also built very good to.

My neighbor has been using a Woods brand 3 point snowblower for years on his driveway and it too seems to be holding very well. Just like anything else care and maintenance is key :)

I would stay away from Chinese made models I've never personally owned any but they don't get very good reviews on the internet other than being cheaper.
Thanks...M.K. and Woods seem to be the best fits to my Kubota model...will dig on those brands!

KCP

Equipment
LX2610
Mar 4, 2023
Killington
Well, in my history, as far as "REAR" PTO snow blowers go:

If, and that's a big IF, you can stay ahead of the snow depth, a forward facing - rear pto blower is good. Because you will be driving over the snow that you wish to blow.

If a blizzard happens, a rear facing, rear blowing snow blower is what you'll need.

You cannot drive over 3 feet of snow. But you can back into a snow bank of any height with a rear pto, rear facing blower.
Thanks. Yeah they're pros/cons to front/rear....i want to keep my bucket on the front and it "seems" easier to attach/unattach the rear unit vs the front. I have a few smaller spaces which need clearing quickly when our lot isn't full. The bucket is great but it's a lot of time/runs...a blower would cut down the tractor time by 50% is my guess.

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
I don’t have a rear PTO snowblower, but I’ve seen they are often built more sturdy than their front counterparts.

Don’t know if true. I’ve had a front mounted blower for a long time.

NorthwoodsLife

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Oct 15, 2021
Wisconsin
I don’t have a rear PTO snowblower, but I’ve seen they are often built more sturdy than their front counterparts.

Don’t know if true. I’ve had a front mounted blower for a long time.
I have to agree with RCW. A rear snow blower is not too complicated. Like a rototiller with a chute out the top. And the general consensus is the rear PTO is more heavy duty than a mid PTO.

A front blower is relatively complicated. With a secondary cradle - frame and lift mechanism. And harder to detatch and attach. But far easier to use in the field.

That being said, I don't have any first hand knowledge of mid PTO's going bad.

Reactions: 2 users

NorthwoodsLife

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Oct 15, 2021
Wisconsin
Thanks. Yeah they're pros/cons to front/rear....i want to keep my bucket on the front and it "seems" easier to attach/unattach the rear unit vs the front. I have a few smaller spaces which need clearing quickly when our lot isn't full. The bucket is great but it's a lot of time/runs...a blower would cut down the tractor time by 50% is my guess.

My guess is it would cut down tractor time by 90 percent... loader bucket vs a Front snow blower.

Last edited:

B737

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX3310
Jun 9, 2019
New Jersey
LX3310, pretty much same as your LX.
I run Pronovost Lynx 52 rear PTO Snowblower, 2 stage, it's only 52' wide. I wish it was 60" but I bought it for former B2601. I love having the bucket available during snow events and wouldnt want it any other way. It does a great job, it is crude, robust & dependable. Simple to maintain. I use it to clear about 500'x15' of pavement, and about half mile x 15' of unpaved road.

I can take it on and off in about 2 minutes with quick hitch compatibility.

I think the overall design of rear PTO blowers that face rear are generally similar.

@mcmxi prob clears more snow than most here will have some good input

My dad uses a front blower, it is much more complicated a pain to put on and off. No bucket. Its gear box (land pride) has needed replacement at least once as well as other repairs due to its complexity.

Reactions: 7 users

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
My driveway isn't huge nor long, just wide and on a slope.

A snowblower is my only option. I don't have room to push plowed snow.

I've thought about a rear mount, or even a really good walk-behind in the future.

The front-mounted snowblowers are really expensive, and I've had one for well over 20 years.

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
***Current*** M6060HDC, MX6000HSTC & GL7000 ***Sold*** MX6000HST & BX25TLB
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
@mcmxi prob clears more snow than most here will have some good input
Maybe more than members that live in Florida :LOL:, but I'm sure that many here move a lot more snow than I do. You probably have more snow in NJ than I do. I move snow often, but it's typically in the 4" to 8" range almost daily over the winter months.

My set up is a front hydraulic angle snow blade and rear blower. This the best possible set up for me and my needs. I push snow on 300 yards of gravel driveway and blow snow on about 200 yards of ashpalt driveway in addition to some decent sized parking areas. My experience with snow blowers is limited to a front mount Land Pride BX5450 that I used to run on the BX, and a Land Pride SB1574 that I run on the back of the MX6000. The SB1574 has hydraulic rotation and deflection which is the only way to go as far as I'm concerned. I didn't have any issues with the BX blower, and the SB1574 has been as reliable and easy to live with day in and day out as can be.

I have two tractors and leave the MX set up all winter with the blade and blower so I'm not too concerned about the ease of on/off. Running the blower on the back isn't a problem physically, but had I ordered a blower rather than bought a used one that I found on Craigslist I would have looked at the rear mounted pull forward models. I don't like driving over snow before trying to blow it but I've heard that it's not an issue. I would like to try one for a season but will wait until I'm too old and frail to turn my head or too blind to use the rear view or side view mirrors! :ROFLMAO:

Erskine makes very good snow blowers that have a reputation for being rugged and reliable. A friend bought a used one and it was a beast. I got to see the build quality first hand.

mx6000_hstc_22.jpg

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 4 users

bird dogger

Vendor Member

Equipment
Kubota B2650 and lots of other equipment
Feb 24, 2019
North Dakota
I have my Lorenz brand 3-pt snowblower that is built like a tank. It's been blowing snow for almost 30 yrs now in northern ND without so much as a problem. It might be time to think about some new auger bearings as they're of the greaseless type. My chain slack tensioner is just about out of room for adjustment. But after 30 yrs I think I can justify a little maintenance on the beast.

If you have hard packed drifts like we can have here in ND, the canted blades on the auger shaft (vs a helix cutter circling the shafts) the blades will chop up the hardest drifts before sending them into the blower drum.

I believe they're still being built in MN somewhere.

No need to buy and extended warranty with this brand!!

With a wide horizontal mirror just above and in front of you while blowing....there is almost no need to turn around to look over your shoulder. Only for safety reasons at the end of the drive and onto the highway/roadway.

Reactions: 3 users

S-G-R

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX3310, LA535, rear remotes, third function, R14's
Jun 17, 2020
PEI Canada
I have used a Kubota K64-24-7 blower and HLA 60" snow pusher for the last three winters. Great setup if you have lots of space to use it. My wife continues to plant obstacles and I came close to hitting the deck and house on a few occasions so I traded both in on a K64-22-7CF (commercial front mount) in June. That and the heavy hitch with suitcase weights will shorten my footprint and my heated mirrors will make life easier.

20221126_134017.jpg

Reactions: 4 users

NorthwoodsLife

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Oct 15, 2021
Wisconsin
I have used a Kubota K64-24-7 blower and HLA 60" snow pusher for the last three winters. Great setup if you have lots of space to use it. My wife continues to plant obstacles and I came close to hitting the deck and house on a few occasions so I traded both in on a K64-22-7CF (commercial front mount) in June. That and the heavy hitch with suitcase weights will shorten my footprint and my heated mirrors will make life easier.

View attachment 113511
Heated mirrors? How cool is that.

Is that factory? Does a LX2610 cab have such a thing?

S-G-R

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jun 17, 2020
PEI Canada
Heated mirrors? How cool is that.

Is that factory? Does a LX2610 cab have such a thing?
Not on the LX. They are off a larger tractor but are the same size. I'll have a look for the part number tomorrow.

edritchey

Lifetime Member

Equipment
A bunch of cute little Kubotas
Jul 19, 2014
Wellsville, PA

View attachment 113511
That looks like a really nice setup you got there.

S-G-R

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jun 17, 2020
PEI Canada
Here is the heated mirror kit I used on my LX3310.

Screenshot_20231010-070647_Gallery.jpg

S-G-R

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jun 17, 2020
PEI Canada
Was your LX series cab pre wired for them?
Not sure. They were installed at the dealership when the tractor was assembled. They come on with the rear defrost button.