Lowering deck arms on BX25D

pacer

Equipment
BX25D
Oct 3, 2015
Greenwood La USA
New owner here - I recently bought a BX25D with the typical FEL & BH but with no mower deck. I needed it to clear debris from a timber cutting and while using doing this I decided that I had better get BX's "under armor" When trying to install it I have run into a problem. I had never tried to use the controls for 3pt and deck and on trying to lower the deck arms to attach the plate I cant get it or the 3pt to lower!!

Seems that you would place the left hand lever in mid or upper position and activate the lowering/raising with the right hand lever? -- nothing happens! I get the hyd squeal when raising the lever indicating it trying to raise, but nothing when pushing down... Is there a step I am missing?

TheSpoon

Dec 2, 2015
MEEEEchigan
Not sure if it's the case, but on our old (OLD) Ford the 3pt actually had to have a load to actually go down. Pushing the lever allowed it, but if we didn't have the blade or mower attached it wouldn't move.

TripleR

Equipment
BX2200, BX2660, L5740 HSTC, M8540HDC and some other tractors and equipment
Sep 16, 2011
SE Missouri
Look at the black knob on the left under the seat to determine the setting and adjust if need, also there is a knob under the front of the seat tht adjusts lowering rate, if it is closed the deck arms won't drop.

pacer

Equipment
BX25D
Oct 3, 2015
Greenwood La USA
OK I was missing the black knob just under the seat, it WAS closed all the way --- but loosening it only freed the 3pt! The height adj is in the no5 position which as I understand that is all the way down? So, still no joy on lowering the mid arms...

08quadram

Equipment
bx2350d; Taylor Way 48" tiller; Farm King 50" snow blower
Apr 28, 2014
strawberry point, ia
Higher the number, the higher the cut. Turn it to 1, then lower the 3 point arms

Sent from my SCH-R970 using Tapatalk

pacer

Equipment
BX25D
Oct 3, 2015
Greenwood La USA
OK, I had that scale backwards - I'll go out after lunch and try that on #1...

Gotta love those Greek "icons" that supposedly tell you how to operate a machine!:confused:

SLIMSHADIE

Equipment
Kubota BX25D
Apr 10, 2013
Eureka,IL
As TripleR stated, there is a knob in the center of your floorplan about under your seat. It may be in the TOP postion. Also has numbers on it. To adjust I raise the 3pt till it squeals. Then you can turn the knob, don't remember if it is clockwise or counter.... Example: move to position 1 then lower the 3pt, you may have to pull down on the arms while lower 3pt since there is no weight on it. The Bx can be off to lower. Attach your armor, raise the 3pt, turn knob to TOP postion.

TripleR

Equipment
BX2200, BX2660, L5740 HSTC, M8540HDC and some other tractors and equipment
Sep 16, 2011
SE Missouri
As SLIMSHADIE noted, you may have to pull down on the MMM arms as there is no independent power to them, they operate off a rod to the 3PH. The black knob turns a spiral cammed series of stops to control height, so without the weight of the MMM it may need a little help coming down especially on a new machine.

William1

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX25D
Jul 28, 2015
Richmond, Virginia
I too, faced this dilemma when I got my BX25D and the BXExpanded skid plate
Set mower deck knob to 1"
Open the speed valve (3pt 'volume' knob)
Lower the 3Pt lever.
You may have to give the mmm arms a pull or a pry to free them as the first time, they can be stuck. Once freed, you'll find they go up and down no problem.
Once you are done the mmm arms, be sure to set the knob back to 'Top'.

Now, if I have to drop my skid plate, I do not even have to have the engine running. I set the knobs and move the lever, weight makes the magic. Do what I have to do, fire it up and let the hydraulics lift it back

pacer

Equipment
BX25D
Oct 3, 2015
Greenwood La USA
Success!!:D:D

Was a combination of things, Both knobs under the seat were wrong, and the arms were a bit stuck (a good yank started them down) My inexperience with the tractor was also a factor ;) Once they were down of course the skid plate was easily attached.

Much thanks for the tips guys -- gotta love these forums where a guy can go and get out of a bind like this!

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA

Was a combination of things, Both knobs under the seat were wrong, and the arms were a bit stuck (a good yank started them down) My inexperience with the tractor was also a factor ;) Once they were down of course the skid plate was easily attached.

Much thanks for the tips guys -- gotta love these forums where a guy can go and get out of a bind like this!
now make sure that the skid plate STAYS locked up ......

there is a nut behind the left rear tire that might need a little loosening.

I never could get mine to lock in the up position until I messed with the adjustment nut.

gbellos

May 17, 2017
Sedro Woolley WA

I've had mine on once and worked for an hour trying to get it done. Just took it off to get a rope out of the blades and now the deck arms won't lower I've adjusted the knobs several times and can't get the mower deck arms to lower. Tried pry bar while my wife holds the three point lever down tried with BDX running still nothing. Please help.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk