Low hydraulic pressure m7060

Strangesteve

Equipment
M7060
Mar 21, 2021
Oklahoma
I have a m7060 which I bought used with under 200 hrs with 3 rear remotes and Fel with 3rd fuction. I only have 2000 psi to Fel and rear remotes. I adjusted relief valves which didn't increase psi. Pump is piped to 3rd fiction sv then to Fel valve then to rear. Previous owner thinks it's always been that way as the biggest load he did was moving 5x5 round bales and had to have engine around 2000rpm to do that.

Dave_eng

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M7040, Nuffield 465
Oct 6, 2012
Williamstown Ontario Canada
I have a m7060 which I bought used with under 200 hrs with 3 rear remotes and Fel with 3rd fuction. I only have 2000 psi to Fel and rear remotes. I adjusted relief valves which didn't increase psi. Pump is piped to 3rd fiction sv then to Fel valve then to rear. Previous owner thinks it's always been that way as the biggest load he did was moving 5x5 round bales and had to have engine around 2000rpm to do that.
The loader relief valve limits the pressure for the 3 pt and rear remotes even though there is another relief valve at the rear of the tractor.

If the loader relief valve is only set to 2,000 psi there is nothing you can do with the rear relief valve to increase the pressure above 2,000 psi.

This is because the loader valve power beyond line feeds to rear of the tractor and because its relief valve is first in line sets the max pressure.

The rear relief valve is installed so the is pump is protected when there is no loader on the tractor.

You can adjust the rear relief valve lower than the loader relief but never higher

You want to ask your dealer for a pdf copy of the loader Assembly Instructions. When you ask, have a USB stick with you for them to copy the file unto.

These instructions spell out the plumbing for the loader valve, a self leveling loader valve if present, a soft ride accumulator and a Third Function valve.

It is not uncommon for someone to not follow these detailed instructions and leave the tractor not functioning properly for years.

Dave

Reactions: 1 user

lugbolt

Equipment
ZG127S-54
Oct 15, 2015
Mid, South, USA
dave has said most of what needs to be said

and addition to that, there is a possibility of a failing hydraulic pump....generally speaking (very generally) a failing pump will exhibit this kind of symptom where one can no longer adjust the PRV, even with a solid spacer in place of the spring it will not build enough pressure.

there are other possibilities, perhaps a leak in the loader valve, or somewhere else in the system-remember pressure is the sum of restrictions to flow, if flow increases, pressure will drop unless the pump can supply enough volume to keep pressure up. Perhaps a suction side leak (filter, whatever) or even restriction although restrictions generally result in jerky operation

unless you have a flowmeter, it's impossible to know if the pump's pumping like it should.

Reactions: 1 user