Lost ignition Key B7001

JosephGozo

Equipment
Kubota B7001 + an ever growing list of attachments (restored / homemade) :(
Nov 25, 2014
Malta
Hello,
It seems that I have lost the ignition key for my B7001 model. I ordered two new spare ones from the UK and I fear they will be here by end of April. My issue is that I am deep in hay baling season and I need the B7001 on a daily basis. :( I am going to ask around for locals with similar old B series models as keys seem to be the same.

Just in case I am not lucky with borrowing a key ... is it ok to run it without the ignition key on? Would that damage the dynamo? the baler is plugged into the battery directly not through the ignition key. It only uses electricity to operate an electric hydraulic diverter solenoid and the buzzer.

I planned on feeding glow plugs and starter directly from battery by using an electric schematic for reference. I can give the battery a trickle charge overnight.

I am pretty sure the old key will reappear once the new ones arrive. It had a FOOT Long string knotted into it to hang it etc.. but it seems i put it on the trailers edge :(

Thanks a lot.
Joseph (malta)

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
Will not hurt a thing ...... now a preheat with the glow plugs might be a chore, but if it starts without glow plugs...... jump her and let it run!

the throttle controls the flow of fuel - so you should be fine!!!

Then again - damn near any type of key could be placed in there and a little shake and it would probably turn too.

Magicman

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M4900 Utility Special 4WD e/w FEL & 1530 John Deere "Traveling Man"
Oct 8, 2019
Brookhaven, MS
knotholesawmill.com
For the future, do a Google search for the key. They are usually 5-6 for $10.

I put one in a magnetic box under my seat.

JosephGozo

Equipment
Kubota B7001 + an ever growing list of attachments (restored / homemade) :(
Nov 25, 2014
Malta
Will not hurt a thing ...... now a preheat with the glow plugs might be a chore, but if it starts without glow plugs...... jump her and let it run!

the throttle controls the flow of fuel - so you should be fine!!!

Then again - damn near any type of key could be placed in there and a little shake and it would probably turn too.
Problem is that the D750 is a bit tired and worn (lots of blow by at idle) and EVER since I got him some 10 years ago, the engine has always required some 20 seconds preheat on the first start (indirect injection diesels all love it)

I managed to borrow a key from a local with a B6000 which does not use it much. It is a bit small - a pain to flick it over (my fingers are deteriorating)

2 new keys have been ordered.

Joseph