Loss of multi function

Parannor

New member

Equipment
BX23S
Oct 10, 2026
4
0
1
Wa
Hello I have a BX23S recently I seem to have lost the ability close my grapple and roll back at the same time. I know I had this ability before. I was behind on maintenance due to a layoff but today did hydro filter and fluid replacement. It did not fix the problem. Am I looking at bypass valve leak by?

*** I realized with that first reply TY btw that I need to add another detail. I haven't totally lost this ability it stops once the grapple is closed. So with nothing in the grapple I can grapple close and role back at the same time until the grapple fully closes then I lose the ability so I can't hold pressure with the grapple while rolling back to keep pressure on stuff I am picking up any more. ***
 
Last edited:

TheOldHokie

Well-known member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3901/LA525, G2160/RCK60, G2460/RCK60
Apr 6, 2021
13,023
7,361
113
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
Hello I have a BX23S recently I seem to have lost the ability close my grapple and roll back at the same time. I know I had this ability before. I was behind on maintenance due to a layoff but today did hydro filter and fluid replacement. It did not fix the problem. Am I looking at bypass valve leak by?

*** I realized with that first reply TY btw that I need to add another detail. I haven't totally lost this ability it stops once the grapple is closed. So with nothing in the grapple I can grapple close and role back at the same time until the grapple fully closes then I lose the ability so I can't hold pressure with the grapple while rolling back to keep pressure on stuff I am picking up any more. ***
I think we need more info on exactly what you are doing.

Sounds like you have the typical third function valve. While the grapple is closing it is passing pump flow down stream to rhe next function. When its fully closed and you hold the button down it.blocks flow from both downstream and upstream functions. When you release rhe button flow to and from those functions is restored.

How that effects simultaneous operatuon of bucket and boom depends on whether the third function was instslled upstream or downstream of the loader valve.

If installed upstream holdung button with grapple closed blocks all loader functions.

If instslled downstream and you are holding grapple shut:

You can dump and curl bucket all you want.

You can only raise and lower boom while bucket is moving.

Do tell us more about what combination isnt working

Dan
 
Last edited:

Parannor

New member

Equipment
BX23S
Oct 10, 2026
4
0
1
Wa
Yes it is a diverter style (I said bypass) but the loop it is diverting in loader up and loader down not the curl function. I should add it is the Land Pride 2 button one.

So right now I can hit my close grapple button and move my joystick left and the grapple closes and the curl back works once the grapple fully closes the curl stops. This is standard function and is intended so you can maintain closing pressure while lifting or curling. I have a 0-3000 PSI GF Gauge coming and a FF 1/4"NPT.

I is somewhat hard to tell but it does seem a touch weak in a lot of the pressure functions lifting with the pallet forks seems to work harder and the hoe I think was stalling sooner then it used to, but that is just feeling not actual factual measurements that I can give.
 

TheOldHokie

Well-known member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3901/LA525, G2160/RCK60, G2460/RCK60
Apr 6, 2021
13,023
7,361
113
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
Yes it is a diverter style (I said bypass) but the loop it is diverting in loader up and loader down not the curl function. I should add it is the Land Pride 2 button one.

So right now I can hit my close grapple button and move my joystick left and the grapple closes and the curl back works once the grapple fully closes the curl stops. This is standard function and is intended so you can maintain closing pressure while lifting or curling. I have a 0-3000 PSI GF Gauge coming and a FF 1/4"NPT.

I is somewhat hard to tell but it does seem a touch weak in a lot of the pressure functions lifting with the pallet forks seems to work harder and the hoe I think was stalling sooner then it used to, but that is just feeling not actual factual measurements that I can give.
Thats a whoe different hydraulic circuit - one I never considered befire and shall we say "interesting.".

With that arrangement the flow is in to boom section, out to the grapple diverter. Then to cylinders, back again to the diverter and back to neutral out on boom section. From there it goes to neutral inlet on the bucket section. . With that setup as soon as the grapple cylinders stsll there is no return flow from the grapple and no way to operate the dump/curl function. Never ever..

Dan
 

Parannor

New member

Equipment
BX23S
Oct 10, 2026
4
0
1
Wa
Here is the manual for the LP3rdF. I apologize if I seem to be coming across snippy it is not my intent. I am frustrated with myself I have 200hrs on the machine and probably half of that is performing the action I am failing to describe, it is just one of this things you know has changed but can't describe it well enough you just know.