looking for picture of front pto pulley

smog

Equipment
B7200HST, diy 3pt forks, diy 3pt blade, 3pt mower, diy hyd rotary broom
Oct 23, 2011
Montreal
www.northernliftgates.com
I'm looking for a picture of the mysterious pulley made to go at the front of the engine crankshaft. If you have the part number it would be nice.

I'm planning to use a good 4' snowblower made for a garden tractor (so it need a reversed pto rotation I will do by crossing the belt)

thank you

smog

Equipment
Oct 23, 2011
Montreal
finally I think my B7200HST can't use that front pto pulley as the front engine pulley is held by a simple nut. No stub or splines there....

300zx

Equipment
1979 B7100D, 2009 ZG20, 1991 B2150, 1990 B6200
Dec 1, 2010
Forest, VA
Smog,

Here are some shots of the Snow Caster I restored for the front of my 79 B7100. The last few pictures are of the PTO connection I fabricated for the connection between the crankshaft/fan belt pulley and the clutch shaft.

https://picasaweb.google.com/110263893958737890068/KubotaB748bSnowCaster#

If you have the same 3 holes on you pulley, here is an adapter which ends with a splined shaft. You would still need to find a splined coupling and shaft to extend it out.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/190585147503?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649#ht_1022wt_71

Good luck,

John

smog

Equipment
Oct 23, 2011
Montreal
my very best reason to add a front pto is that it will be a lot easier to use a belt/pulley system to reverse the pto rotation and use the garden tractor implements I have here; including that 3000psi pressure washer pump needing a counter clockwise input.

Rust Addict

Equipment
B6000E
Jan 2, 2010
Sidney, Maine, USA
Not so sure you need OEM parts to get the front PTO. Find the electric clutch unit and work backward into the crank shaft or pulley. The lovejoy is a wear point, this is good, you don't eat up spline connections and provides a little dampening for the engine with your attachments stall out. Pics are from some maint. work last season. The B6000's run the belley mower and snowblowers using the front PTO.

Attachments

kubotasan

Aug 12, 2011
Iowa, US
Not to butt in here, but I have that mysterious PTO clutch, and a B748B snowcaster taking up room :) I also have that "stub" that bolts onto the front of the crankshaft to use that PTO clutch. Apparently, they made them in 2 different sizes. 1 stub that you could buy from Kubota a large male end, and one stub had a small male end. Some kubotas had the smaller style male end already attached to their crankshaft so that you didnt need the stub addon at all. So, I have a PTO clutch with the small sized female end, but if someone out there has a pto clutch with the large female end but has a small male end on their tractor, I have the addon stub that makes the small male into a large one. Most people will be scratching their heads, but anyone who has this problem knows exactly what I'm saying :)

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
So your sayin that your goes inta is bigger than your goes outa,,, or was it your goes outa is smaller than your goes inta:confused:

kubotasan

Aug 12, 2011
Iowa, US
So your sayin that your goes inta is bigger than your goes outa,,, or was it your goes outa is smaller than your goes inta:confused:
It depends on the tractor you have. Some didn't come with anything up front to mount a pto clutch, some came with the splined nub already there coming off of the crank, and some were flat with 3 mounting holes to mount your own adapter. The one I have already had the small nub attached. But, the pto clutch I bought had a much larger female end on the shaft. Kubota sells the small male to large male adapter for like 150 bucks or so. Luckily, the PTO clutch I bought used came with the adapter, so I didn't really have to do anything. Point is, most applications are the same, but a few differ. For me it was luck of the draw. I bought 2 pto clutches, and just used the one I liked more.

cshafer872

Equipment
B6200 Hst
Mar 5, 2014
Lima, Ohio
.... out of luck, mine only have 2 holes, I guess I can make one myself :rolleyes:
Did you ever make that 2 holed flange for your Kubota for front mount pto. I only 2 holes also I need to know what to do. Kubota tells me I should have 3 holes in my crank pulley.