Looking for new tractor for 80th

RalphVa

Jan 19, 2020
Charlottesville
Well, haven't heard from the sales guy in Harrisonburg/Winchester. Said he had a B2601 with loader and to call. Did. Left message and told him by email. Just sent him another note this morning that it wouldn't be very early because of rain and freezing over night.
Sent a note to Beverage guy asking whether okay to stop by. He has B2301 but no loader.

Oliver

Equipment
L2501, JD 3520
Feb 2, 2011
Preston County, WV
I hope you find one soon. I stop at the Winchester dealer there on 522 every so often and they always seem to have pretty good inventory so they must have product arriving on a fairly regular basis.

PoTreeBoy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L35 Ford 3930
Mar 24, 2020
WestTn/NoMs
What's the price of pallet forks to place on FEL lift arms/frame in place of bucket?

Trying to decide on bolt on vs. buying pallet forks for new tractor.

Gotta use something else to eliminate muscling 5 gallon containers for refueling the diesel generator. Went through muscling 7 of them yesterday 3 times. Ran out of diesel fuel. Muscled 5 to refuel. Then bought 2 more and man handled those 7 into and out of the truck to refuel at station and then out of truck to finish refueling the generator and then into FEL of tractor to put in carriage house.

Thinking of placing on a pallet with sides and use grounding strap when refueling with containers left on the pallet at station.
I think 2000# SSQA fork attachment is $7-800. I bought a frame from Titan and found a set of used forks to save a few bucks. I think Land Pride has a 1200# setup for a couple hundred less.

RalphVa

Jan 19, 2020
Charlottesville
Plan to drive to Winchester tomorrow morning. Taking our 2005 Tacoma that we bought there in about 2008. May end up buying our tractor there as well. Could meet our old friend who lives east of town there. he met us when we bought the Tacoma. He lost his wife a little over a year ago. We have to take our own lunch because neither of us can eat any gluten, and I cannot seem to have anything with additives either.

Need the Tacoma to pick up a window in Fishersville on the way back.

RalphVa

Jan 19, 2020
Charlottesville
Made a deal on a B2601 with loader, TNT, box blade and wheel spacers. Guy didn't ask for any earnest money, probably mainly because my old friend of 50 years who has bought at least 3 Kubotas from him showed up. Don't have final price because his book does not have TNT in it! He said it will likely be around $1,200 because it's the 2 controls, lines and two hydraulic cylinders.

He has loaders anyway. None of the 3 dealers down here have any. Winchester Equipment also has a location in Harrisonburg and is where I could get service done IF it ever needs any. Mr first JD didn't need any for 9 years or 660 hours until it blew apart its driveshaft Ujoint. Can get parts from Piedmont Power in Charlottesville.

The 1560 Landpride box blade is $1,600.

No firm timing yet. Don't really need until about April for my 80th but likely will get before this.

Gotta take some pics of the 2025R serial #, overall, hours meter, etc. Will save the 5.3% of sale tax on whatever I get for it if I trade it to them.

Reactions: 1 user

B737

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX3310
Jun 9, 2019
New Jersey
kubota does not have a T&T for B series. All you get is dual rear valves added on at the dealership ~$600 (might have been less id have to go look at the BoS).

For T&T you have to DIY or buy from fitrite hydraulics (I used on my B2601 and LX3310). Fitrite gets it correct the first time out of the box, without messing around. Would suggest ordering early.

Last edited:

RalphVa

Jan 19, 2020
Charlottesville
kubota does not have a T&T for B series. All you get is dual rear valves added on at the dealership ~$600 (might have been less id have to go look at the BoS).

For T&T you have to DIY or buy from fitrite hydraulics (I used on my B2601 and LX3310). Fitrite gets it correct the first time out of the box, without messing around. Would suggest ordering early.

Thanks. Relayed this to the sales guy. Asked him whether he wants to just provide the two valves that are in his book and let me do the fitright or they do it and add it in. Prolly will depend on how busy they are. Really big operation in Winchester. Almost was ready to stop in Harrisonburg this morning to call off the trip to Winchester and instead just to go to their Harrisonburg place when an 18 wheeler got plopped onto its side a couple miles north of us. They had righted the 18 wheeler on our way south but no tow truck yet. Had traffic backed up 5 miles.

B737

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX3310
Jun 9, 2019
New Jersey
that is correct, mine arrived almost exactly to the day. 100% worth the wait.

Last edited:

RalphVa

Jan 19, 2020
Charlottesville
Dropped the extra hydraulics and the wheel spacers. All could take time to deliver nowadays. The width of the B2601 is 49 inches, near an inch wider than the 2025R. Be fine. The 2601 is more than just the bigger engine.

Even told him that R14s are okay if that is all he has. Still waiting to see what loader widths those 2 loaders came with. A 60 inch would require a lot more zigzagging on the trails. Probably would just remove to do the trails. 50 inch is fine, but prefer 54 inch.

Oliver

Equipment
L2501, JD 3520
Feb 2, 2011
Preston County, WV
Ralph when you made the deal what bucket was included? 50" pin on would be the cheapest choice.

I would add 2" spacers and choose the QA 60" for that tractor, but they do offer a 54" which would work well for you since you wish to keep it narrow.

top gnome

Equipment
b2301 w bh fel grapple back blade snow plow forks
Dec 12, 2021
Fundy shore nova scotia
I am not sure if you have decided on the b2601. I got three whole hours on my b2301. which of course makes me an expert. I did not want to wait for the b2601. With the smaller tires hp is less important than traction. There are many less than 20hp tractors that do a ton of work, weight and tire size trump hp in my opinion. I have ag tires and chains without wheel spacers they are working great best I can tell no slippage even on ice. Plowed about 6 inches of snow this weekend. Plus you use about 1/2 quart an hour less in fuel to do the same work. I can not speak to the pto driven implements as I do not intend to use any but my old farmall is a 21hp gasser and it can run any implement that would fit that hp. I am not sure that a bigger tractor would not be better but I did not think the 3 hp and an inch here and there and the 6 month wait especially the 6 month wait was worth it. The 1000.00 difference was really not part of it but it also matters.

pokey1416

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Grand L4060HSTC, BH92 Backhoe, HLA Snow Pusher, Dirt Dog Tiller, EA DiscHarrow
Jun 24, 2020
SW Michigan
Dropped the extra hydraulics and the wheel spacers. All could take time to deliver nowadays. The width of the B2601 is 49 inches, near an inch wider than the 2025R. Be fine. The 2601 is more than just the bigger engine.

Even told him that R14s are okay if that is all he has. Still waiting to see what loader widths those 2 loaders came with. A 60 inch would require a lot more zigzagging on the trails. Probably would just remove to do the trails. 50 inch is fine, but prefer 54 inch.
My dealer made me a T only using Kubota’s TnT kit. No warranty questions since it’s OEM. I like it so far but there’s no check valve so some leakdown is anticipated.

A34D93D3-FE87-4F41-B9E4-76264199AAED.jpeg

Henro

Equipment
B2910, BX2200, KX41-2V mini Ex.
May 24, 2019
North of Pittsburgh PA
Bolt on forks are ALL junk!...

...A waste of money!
Not sure what "bolt on forks" are, but I can say that my clamp on forks, for my B2910 bucket, are very usable.

Granted, normal pallet forks that are used in place of the bucket would be MUCH better.

BUT overall, for what I paid 20 years ago, my clamp on pallet forks have paid for themselves time and time again.

Easy on, easy off. In a minute or two. But certainly not optimum when trying to see through the bucket! Without X-ray vision...

fried1765

Equipment
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, Ford 8N, SCAG Liberty Z, Gravely Pro.
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
Not sure what "bolt on forks" are, but I can say that my clamp on forks, for my B2910 bucket, are very usable.

Granted, normal pallet forks that are used in place of the bucket would be MUCH better.

BUT overall, for what I paid 20 years ago, my clamp on pallet forks have paid for themselves time and time again.

Easy on, easy off. In a minute or two. But certainly not optimum when trying to see through the bucket!
We have a WIDE difference of opinion concerning clamp on forks!
I have both clamp on and loader mounted forks.
My clamp on forks were bought for my Ford 1920, and are hiding somewhere under some other junk.
If I need forks (and I often do), I call on my L48 TLB with 4400# EA forks to do the job.

I do have a set of 3pt. forks for my little Ford, and they are great, but they don't lift very high.
Great for moving pallets around, but useless for stacking.

B737

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX3310
Jun 9, 2019
New Jersey
agree with @fried1765, clamp on forks maybe ok for light brush, but not good for much else. Difficult to see, leverage point is way out in front of bucket, risk of bending bucket lip. It takes 30 seconds to put on a proper set of SSQA forks.

RalphVa

Jan 19, 2020
Charlottesville
No forks for me. Once I figured out that if I could fill the 5 gallon containers in the truck bed by using a ground strap on each as I filled, I could easily slide them into the FEL from the pickup bed and then take them over to the generator in the bucket if I move the gate on my cyclone fence around the generator. Would have to fill containers if I had them on a pallet in truck anyway.

For the new tractor, with supply situation in mind, I've eliminated external hydraulics and wheel spacers. The B2601 that he has is 49 inches wide vs. a tad over 48 inches on my 2025R, which is fine for 48 inch bush hog and 5 ft back blade. There's more to the 2601 vs. 2301 other than just a bigger engine. Yeah, I'd prefer the 2301 and its lower fuel consumption, but not if I gotta wait a long time to get the wheel spacers needed for it.

Just sent him pictures of the 2025R to compute trade-in value this morning. Waiting final tally.

I requested 54 inch loader. He had 2 listed but uncrated yet. Some flexibility on that. Would prefer NOT to settle on 60 inch FEL because it would require too much zigzagging in bush hogging one part of our trails or removal each time.

Flexible on R14 vs. R4. Most seem to be fitted with R14s.

Henro

Equipment
B2910, BX2200, KX41-2V mini Ex.
May 24, 2019
North of Pittsburgh PA
We have a WIDE difference of opinion concerning clamp on forks!
I have both clamp on and loader mounted forks.
My clamp on forks were bought for my Ford 1920, and are hiding somewhere under some other junk.
If I need forks (and I often do), I call on my L48 TLB with 4400# EA forks to do the job.

I do have a set of 3pt. forks for my little Ford, and they are great, but they don't lift very high.
Great for moving pallets around, but useless for stacking.
OK I kind of get that. BUT which would be better, clamp on forks or no forks?

For me clamp on forks works better than no forks every day of the week.

In the photo you cannot see them, but they are holding that stump up enough that I could carry it without dragging it on the ground.

Attachments

fried1765

Equipment
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, Ford 8N, SCAG Liberty Z, Gravely Pro.
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
OK I kind of get that. BUT which would be better, clamp on forks or no forks?

For me clamp on forks works better than no forks every day of the week.

In the photo you cannot see them, but they are holding that stump up enough that I could carry it without dragging it on the ground.
From the photo, it appears to me that you ARE essentially dragging that stump "on the ground".