Looking for a skid steer

Jsjac

Equipment
B2650
Feb 13, 2022
New Hampshire
I am looking for a 75 hp skid steer.
Any brand to stay away from?
Looking at Bobcat,Case and Kubota. Deere?
No to sure about the Bobcat engine? It is supposed to be their own engine. No more Kubota engines?
Anyone have any experience with the new Case skid steer?
They all look to be around the same price. All have good dealers in the area.
Will be using it around my shop to clear snow and other odd jobs.

Any thoughts?

mikester

Equipment
M59 TLB
Oct 21, 2017
Canada
www.divergentstuff.ca
Parts for older case might be unobtainium. Pick a specific model/year on any brand and internet search for specific issues.

I'm not a fan of SS and CTL's in general because I don't like the idea of being locked into a milk crate death trap with poor 300 degree visibility. SS are brutal on the spine with pogo-stick ride and control.

You will appreciate the idea of a slide up door like on the Kubota's over the swing out doors after your machine dies with the loader up and you can't open the front door. Now picture your engine has caught on fire (because this is a real possibility) and your only exit is a narrow skinny window over the engine compartment.

1705673044596.jpeg

If I was seriously looking for one I'd look into the biggest JCB CTL teleskid for visibility and better operator egress/safety
1705672152603.jpeg

You really need to demo each of the machines in person. I'd suggest renting the machine you are drawn to for a week. Deere has some nice machines but visibilty is really poor IMHO.

I would NOT buy a machine without ride control a.k.a. loader accumulator. I would also want a quiet cabin. Fuel efficiency is important to me as well.

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
snow clearing ? might look at 'tracked' SS units. 4 wheels can be useless in snow. Heck Buffalo cops have a tracked cruiser ! Already saved a dozen lives..!!

Jsjac

Equipment
B2650
Feb 13, 2022
New Hampshire
I have looked at a couple new tracked machines.
I put my name on one of the 75 hp tracked units from Kubota. The units on order come with wide tracks,high flow and ride control.
They are supposed to come in April.
We shall see.
Thank you for the input.

Mitjam

Equipment
M-108, M6-111, Lx3310
Jan 14, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
I have looked at a couple new tracked machines.
I put my name on one of the 75 hp tracked units from Kubota. The units on order come with wide tracks,high flow and ride control.
They are supposed to come in April.
We shall see.
Thank you for the input.
I had a svl 95-2 it was an incredible machine I can’t speak for other brands but I put 300hrs of mulching on it which to me would be one of the hardest things you could ask. The hydraulics were very powerful and controls were very responsive due to hydraulic over hydraulic compared to others electric over hydraulic. Service was very easy on machine. The front slide up window is the big seller. If you are or have a bigger operator the machine is easier to get in and out. Especially if the arms are up a little. The only thing the Kubota lacked at the time were creature comforts. The cabin wasn’t fit and finished as good as some of the others. May have changed now. Good luck on your decision

CGMKCM

Equipment
RVT-1100C, ZD323, L4760
Jan 26, 2021
Randolph county N.C.
Dirt Perfect has been using this machine as a dealer demo unit. His site has several videos of the machine in use. I believe he said it is $25K less than some of the big name machines.

Hyundai CTL

Jsjac

Equipment
B2650
Feb 13, 2022
New Hampshire
The 75 HP Kubota machine I a thinking about is $75k with the wide tracks, hi flow hydraulics and ride control.
I got a quote from Bobcat on their 75hp machine. No hi flow ,no wide tracks and no ride control was 83k. Not sure about the Bobcat engine. The sales guy claims it is their own engine.
Years ago when I worked at Ingersoll -Rand they had their own engine and I think it was an Isuzu engine if I remember correctly.
Not sure if it something rebranded.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Skid steer loaders are far better in snow and ice than Track loaders.
And if your dealing with any grades or hills a track loader is worthless, you'll just slide down the hills with no traction.

Now a track loader is far better on soft / wet ground, wider is better.

Jsjac

Equipment
B2650
Feb 13, 2022
New Hampshire
I think they make bolt on cleats for the tracks,
I think they are easy on easy off. For use with snow and ice.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
I think they make bolt on cleats for the tracks,
I think they are easy on easy off. For use with snow and ice.
I've never seen them used and I live in the land of Snow and Ice.
I would get a price and try and get some first hand knowledge of their use.
Go over to Skid Steer Forum and see what they say about the cleats.
There are a lot of very knowledgeable people over there.