Looking for a Leaf Blower

bird dogger

Vendor Member

Equipment
Kubota B2650 and lots of other equipment
Feb 24, 2019
North Dakota
Hi Iguide, I've bought a pto powered blower from this outfit some25+ yrs ago. Still going strong. Absolutely love it.
3 point hitch leaf and debris blower | Agrimetal

There's other brands that may be just as good and more local to you. This one is built tough and has required nothing but an occasional squirt of grease for maintenance since new. In the right location where you can blow your leaves back into the woods they are worth their weight in gold. Or, you can just blow them into a pile, load, and haul away. Easy on, easy off, and maneuverable. These models will blow either to the left or the right. Any questions, just ask!

There's a couple of threads or posts on OTT on these blowers. Youtube also has some vids.

Here's one of them: leaf vacuum power rake | OrangeTractorTalks - Everything Kubota

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users

B737

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX3310
Jun 9, 2019
New Jersey
I purchased an Agrimetal BW 1600 from Everything Attachments. It came in about a week or two from Canada. I don't think you will find many of these by want ad, used. I love the blower, it turned a very tedious multi day chore into a "breeze". Cut clearing time by at least 1/2 to 2/3, and can clear the entire property now. Make big piles, then grapple them to the curb for township pickup, or simply push deep into the woods. The unit is well made, small easy footprint to store, simple in operation. I think will provide years of service.

Since I started clearing all the leaves, we have not found ticks on the dog and a lot less mosquitos.

holy crap i just checked the webiste the price went up a lot :( buy once cry once

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user

Auburnbuilder

Equipment
Bx2230, FEL, Front Snowblower, MMM, Agrimetal 1600 blower
Oct 16, 2021
Burlington, VT

B737

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX3310
Jun 9, 2019
New Jersey
Do you know if a quick attach works with the AgriMetal BW 1600?
QH compatible!..... after you weld in a bar for top hook, and add wider pins ;)
(please excuse the messy shop)

Last edited:

Auburnbuilder

Equipment
Oct 16, 2021
Burlington, VT
sure it does! ...after you weld in a top link bar, and add wider pins ;)
(please excuse the messy shop)

Thanks for the info! I pick my my blower up this week and want to figure out the quick attach before I cut the drive shaft. How well does the blower work? I will be using it on a BX, may get the Pats system.
Thank you for the pictures. If you have a video of the blower working I would love to see it.
Thanks again!

B737

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX3310
Jun 9, 2019
New Jersey
You are going to love it.

I originally ran it on my BX, then used it on the B2601. I have not used it on LX yet but will soon enough! On the BX I left the loader on and put some weight in the bucket, or I would remove the loader and hang 5x40 pound weights on the front of the frame. It worked great on the BX, and even better on the B2601. Im eager to see it rip on the LX.

In the Fall, I briefly use a backpack blower (which I hate) to get the leaves about 5' from the house, and push stubborn leaves out of clusters of shrubs and bushes. Then start working the area with the tractor moving the leaves out and away. Either into piles or just pushed way back into the woods. My time with the redmax 8500 backpack blower has been cut to almost nothing. The Agrimetal blower is very quiet, the tractor is louder.

In this video the first half is on BX and the second is on the B2601 (you'll hear the HST tone change). This year I will try and get some shots with the LX. It is my favorite implement that has given me back many hours, days really, of my life.

I have not "field tested" my quick hitch adaptations yet, but will soon. I have been known to occasionally bump into large oak trees with it.

For the quick hitch, I used two of these pins, and welded a piece of 1" thick steel bar stock between the frame.

here it is on the BX

Last edited:

Auburnbuilder

Equipment
Oct 16, 2021
Burlington, VT
You are going to love it.

I originally ran it on my BX, then used it on the B2601. I have not used it on LX yet but will soon enough! On the BX I left the loader on and put some weight in the bucket, or I would remove the loader and hang 5x40 pound weights on the front of the frame. It worked great on the BX, and even better on the B2601. Im eager to see it rip on the LX.

In the Fall, I briefly use a backpack blower (which I hate) to get the leaves about 5' from the house, and push stubborn leaves out of clusters of shrubs and bushes. Then start working the area with the tractor moving the leaves out and away. Either into piles or just pushed way back into the woods. My time with the redmax 8500 backpack blower has been cut to almost nothing. The Agrimetal blower is very quiet, the tractor is louder.

In this video the first half is on BX and the second is on the B2601 (you'll hear the HST tone change). This year I will try and get some shots with the LX. It is my favorite implement that has given me back many hours, days really, of my life.

I have not "field tested" my quick hitch adaptations yet, but will soon. I have been known to occasionally bump into large oak trees with it.

For the quick hitch, I used two of these pins, and welded a piece of 1" thick steel bar stock between the frame.

here it is on the BX
I was wondering why so much weight on front then realized you do not have a mower on the BX. I use my BX with a 25 gallon sprayer and have not needed weights. Thinking similar to Blower weight. Maybe about 60 or 70 lbs more than sprayer.

Auburnbuilder

Equipment
Oct 16, 2021
Burlington, VT
I was wondering why so much weight on front then realized you do not have a mower on the BX. I use my BX with a 25 gallon sprayer and have not needed weights. Thinking similar to Blower weight. Maybe about 60 or 70 lbs more than sprayer.
Kind of surprised Agrimetal has not made it quick hitch friendly. Crossing my fingers it might come that way. Supposed to arrive this week.

B737

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX3310
Jun 9, 2019
New Jersey
310 pounds, you know it’s back there esp when it’s off the ground while on a BX. For the most part it rides on its roller. On the 2601 I mostly used it off its roller to get more range, on the BX this felt a little sketchy.

bird dogger

Vendor Member

Equipment
Feb 24, 2019
North Dakota
Do you know if a quick attach works with the AgriMetal BW 1600?
I think B737 answered all your questions better than I could. And his "quick hitch" mod turned out super!

I would add (since you mentioned the possible addition of Pat's Quick Hitch): Since the AgriMetal blower is very close coupled to the tractor.....short PTO shaft needed......that you keep your PTO shaft as long as possible without any binding. When/if you add a set of Pat's Quick Hitch they will extend your hookup another 3 inches ?? to the rear. You'll want to make sure your pto shaft still has enough overlap to accommodate those extra inches....whatever they turn out to be.

I have the old model blower and my PTO shaft is very short as is. I might need to replace the shaft, or add to it, if i added a set of Pat's Quick Hitch to my lift arms. But the new blower model may be different, so it's just a heads up.

Most importantly, CONGRATS ON YOUR NEW PURCHASE!! :D It's one implement you most likely will never regret spending your money on. Our "club" is growing! :ROFLMAO:

Auburnbuilder

Equipment
Oct 16, 2021
Burlington, VT
I think B737 answered all your questions better than I could. And his "quick hitch" mod turned out super!

I would add (since you mentioned the possible addition of Pat's Quick Hitch): Since the AgriMetal blower is very close coupled to the tractor.....short PTO shaft needed......that you keep your PTO shaft as long as possible without any binding. When/if you add a set of Pat's Quick Hitch they will extend your hookup another 3 inches ?? to the rear. You'll want to make sure your pto shaft still has enough overlap to accommodate those extra inches....whatever they turn out to be.

I have the old model blower and my PTO shaft is very short as is. I might need to replace the shaft, or add to it, if i added a set of Pat's Quick Hitch to my lift arms. But the new blower model may be different, so it's just a heads up.

Most importantly, CONGRATS ON YOUR NEW PURCHASE!! :D It's one implement you most likely will never regret spending your money on. Our "club" is growing! :ROFLMAO:
I am going to mount the Pat's Quick hitch first and then measure for the PTO drive shaft.
Pats is significantly lighter than the other quick hitch options so it may be best.
Ordered a PTO extender also just in case.

bird dogger

Vendor Member

Equipment
Feb 24, 2019
North Dakota
I am going to mount the Pat's Quick hitch first and then measure for the PTO drive shaft.
Pats is significantly lighter than the other quick hitch options so it may be best.
Ordered a PTO extender also just in case.
First....welcome to OTT! I see you just joined. Lost of great help here. Just ask.

I doubt you'll need the pto extender if you already have the Pat's Hitches installed first. The pto shaft will come long enough that you'll still most likely need to shorten it even with Pat's Hitches installed.

But if you chose to add them later and had already cut the shaft shorter than necessary when first used, then it might possibly be too short with the Pat's Hitch setup.

You're well covered though, having the extender on hand.

Reactions: 1 users

Auburnbuilder

Equipment
Oct 16, 2021
Burlington, VT
Installed the Pats quick hitch system and the Messicks stabilizers, replaced the turnbuckle style that came with tractor from the factory. Way easier to change implements now!

Field Ready K2561-38300FR Telescopic Stabilizer Kit - Kubota BX Series

Iguide

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L 3800 Shutt Shift W/R4 Tires Loaded 4WD LA 524 Loader W/Quick Attach 66" Bucket
Thank you everyone for your advice. I have checked on several blowers advertised some listed here and they all seem tobe sold out and none available for 6 weeks. By that time I'll have snow on the ground and a plow on the tractor. Thanks so much again everyone!!!

bird dogger

Vendor Member

Equipment
Feb 24, 2019
North Dakota
Thank you everyone for your advice. I have checked on several blowers advertised some listed here and they all seem tobe sold out and none available for 6 weeks. By that time I'll have snow on the ground and a plow on the tractor. Thanks so much again everyone!!!
If only you were closer....you could borrow mine to try it out! At least you'll have plenty of time to scope things out and be ready for next year. An FYI: They also blow more than leaves. As in clearing your cement parking pads, extra long grass clippings when your grass grew too fast when you were gone, etc. So picking one up this coming spring or early summer can be useful, too.

Iguide

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L 3800 Shutt Shift W/R4 Tires Loaded 4WD LA 524 Loader W/Quick Attach 66" Bucket
bird dogger, Thanks for the offer. Why ND is only a hop skip and a jump from northern NH so I'll stop by around noon to pick it up..... LOL Thanks again.