Location of third function coupling on BX2380

BillSz

Jan 2, 2019
Northfield, Mn
When I purchased my BX2380 I had the dealer add the third function capability. My question for other 2380 owners is this, where is your third function coupling located? I'm probably using the wrong term for the coupling but I am referring to the junction where the hydraulic hoses are attached/detached for removal of the FEL. Mine is located on the left side of the tractor inside the FEL arm. Recently I was speaking with someone who said that they are usually located on the right side, I guess near the other couplings.
This has gotten me to wonder if mine was installed incorrectly.
Thanks in advance for any insights,
Bill

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
It's not sounding right, can you post up some pictures of the install?

wgator

Equipment
L4701HST, FEL and other stuff.
Jul 28, 2018
NC
When I purchased my BX2380 I had the dealer add the third function capability. My question for other 2380 owners is this, where is your third function coupling located? I'm probably using the wrong term for the coupling but I am referring to the junction where the hydraulic hoses are attached/detached for removal of the FEL. Mine is located on the left side of the tractor inside the FEL arm. Recently I was speaking with someone who said that they are usually located on the right side, I guess near the other couplings.
This has gotten me to wonder if mine was installed incorrectly.
Thanks in advance for any insights,
Bill
If it is a Landpride (Kubota) third function valve inside the left loader arm is the correct location. You can see that by CLICKING HERE for the kit install instructions and CLICK HERE for the dealer training instructions.

Sqidget

Equipment
BX24
Feb 5, 2011
Richmond, RI
factory Kubota bx2380 uses a diverter valve, it does not have additional hoses to attach the loader to the tractor. I know Kubota calls it 3rd function but its a diverter which requires you to hold the button, then move to either curl or dump to control the aux ports mounted on the loader cross bar.