Loader Won’t Lower All The Way

hy8ytjh98

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX1870 with BX2750D snow blower, LA203A loader
Nov 1, 2013
Gorham, ME, USA
Hi. LA203A loader with BX1870. Don’t use loader often. Just attached it yesterday and while I was able to use all the functions it will not lower all the way to the ground. When I put it in float position it lowers to about 6 inches of the ground and stops. 2 recent things done (not sure if related to the problem)
- had it serviced at the dealer about 6 months ago (not used since then)
- bought a BXpanded loader dolly also about 6 months ago and it has been on the dolly since returned from dealer. Until then I was sitting on the floor. I mention this because the height where the loader stops it about the height of the dolly.

I can see that the hydraulic arms on the left and the right do seem to completely retract when down (no piston showing). When it stops it is a hard stop like it hits a stop point. I already checked the obvious like if it is hitting something on the front etc.

Thanks for any assistance.

200mph

Equipment
L4740-3 Cab, FEL, Fnt Snow Blower L2185, LP Finish Mower, LP Rotary Mower
Mar 3, 2017
PA
Hi. LA203A loader with BX1870. Don’t use loader often. Just attached it yesterday and while I was able to use all the functions it will not lower all the way to the ground. When I put it in float position it lowers to about 6 inches of the ground and stops. 2 recent things done (not sure if related to the problem)
- had it serviced at the dealer about 6 months ago (not used since then)
- bought a BXpanded loader dolly also about 6 months ago and it has been on the dolly since returned from dealer. Until then I was sitting on the floor. I mention this because the height where the loader stops it about the height of the dolly.

I can see that the hydraulic arms on the left and the right do seem to completely retract when down (no piston showing). When it stops it is a hard stop like it hits a stop point. I already checked the obvious like if it is hitting something on the front etc.

Thanks for any assistance.
What was serviced on the loader?

If the cylinders were replaced or serviced perhaps they used the wrong part or assembled incorrectly.

G.rid

Equipment
L48 tlb, ssqa forks, manual thumb for hoe
Aug 19, 2016
Oxford, NS, Canada
At first reading this, I was thinking the lift cylinders just had air in them. Cycle them a few times to bleed them and it should be fine.

But then you said that they were fully retracted and no more rod showing. I'm not that familiar with a removable loader (my L48 is fixed). Is it possible you have the upper mounts locked in but the lower ones are pushing against the bracket as apposed to sitting in it? That would lift the whole arm assembly up a fair amount.

A final thought. You didn't say what the dealer serviced. Is it possible they changed out the lifting cylinders for shorter ones?

Just throwing ideas out there.

Howling

Equipment
BX2370
Feb 5, 2016
Ayer, MA
Do you have the quick hitch for the blower mounted on the BX?

From my experience you can have both installed at the same time but the quick hitch will stop the loader just above ground level.

Lil Foot

Lifetime Member

Equipment
1979 B7100DT Gear, Nissan Hanix N150-2 Excavator
May 19, 2011
Peoria, AZ
Heard of exactly the same problem on a JD that had just had the front loader cylinders rebuilt. Turns out when they reassembled it, they swapped the lift & curl cylinders. (cylinders were different lengths) Might check on that possibility.

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
Did you fold the loader stand back up after you connected it?

hope to float

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450
Feb 18, 2018
Ireland
Heard of exactly the same problem on a JD that had just had the front loader cylinders rebuilt. Turns out when they reassembled it, they swapped the lift & curl cylinders. (cylinders were different lengths) Might check on that possibility.
This was the first thing that came into my head too

beex

May 21, 2019
on my bx
If the cylinders are fully compressed and the loader bucket is not on the ground it’s a mechanical geometry problem. On flat ground you shouldn’t be able to fully compress, that would put the bucket below ground level. So either it has the wrong cylinders on the loader, or it’s mounted incorrectly. post a picture of the cylinders, side view of the loader, a a closeup of the mounts, people here can figure it out.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

BigG

Equipment
l2501, FEL, BB, Rotary cutter, rake,spreader, roller, etc. New Holland TL80 A
Sep 14, 2018
West Central,FL
Photos might help. Just to check for something you might be over looking.

hy8ytjh98

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX1870 with BX2750D snow blower, LA203A loader
Nov 1, 2013
Gorham, ME, USA
Thank you. It was a geometry problem. It was not seated correctly. Once I seated it correctly it all works fine. Thank you.