Loader valve

rkidd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650, FEL With QA 60"mmm, 3pt FDR1672,homemade ballast box, BB 1572 box scraper
Dec 7, 2015
Jefferson Ohio
A few months back I made up a hydraulic pressure gauge set up to check the pressure on my B2650. There was not any issues, I just wanted to know. It was 200 psi low from the max of 2400- 2450 psi. I decided to shim the relief valve to get it right close to the max because that is just the way I am. Also the spool for the bucket always was just a touch sticky. The boom spool was fine. My dealer said he would take care of it, but I thought today was a good day to tackle and learn something as I have never been in to a loader valve. I removed the right rear wheel, and then removed all of the lines to the loader valve, and then removed the valve. First thing i did was shim the relief valve out .015, as someone else had posted that would do right about 200 psi on my tractor. This is why it pays to get the shop manual as I did when I bought my tractor to be able to take on project like this. I then took the spools out, and inspected them. They were clean as a whistle, not a spec of crud or moisture. Which was good. The only thing I could figure for the bucket spool being a little sticky was the top seal is about a 1/2" long and might be a little drag if dry. I put a little white lube inside the seals and reassembled the spools into the valve. I then put every thing back together. After firing it up, letting it warm up, and cycling the hydraulics, The pressure came up 175 psi, to be at 2425 psi, so perfect. The white lube seemed to do the trick on the spools also, as they are both smooth as silk now. Good day in the heated shop, and I learned a little more about my tractor.

View attachment 27481

View attachment 27482

View attachment 27483

Last edited:

100 td

Equipment
B21TLB (B21, TL421 & BT751) Toyota SDK4 T116 Bobcat
Aug 29, 2015
ɹǝpunuʍop
Good job, i need to do some linkage adjustment/repair on my rusty bits, seeing your new one nice and clean makes me feel slack!

rkidd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650, FEL With QA 60"mmm, 3pt FDR1672,homemade ballast box, BB 1572 box scraper
Dec 7, 2015
Jefferson Ohio
Good job, i need to do some linkage adjustment/repair on my rusty bits, seeing your new one nice and clean makes me feel slack!

Glad I could help. Haha!!

dirtydeed

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650 BH77, U27-4R2, BX23TLBM, box blade, rear blade, flail mower, Stump Grinder
Dec 8, 2017
Wind Gap, PA
rkidd, about to service my 2650 and I'd like to have some shims on hand when I check the relief valve pressure. Would you happen to have the PN's for the shims?

I've looked on Messicks and K-PAD and they don't list out the individual shims. The relief kit on their site says $710.00! :eek:

I added shims to my BX23...they were a couple of $ total.

Anyone know what the fitting style is for the loader lines (to check relief valve pressure)?

TIA

Last edited: