loader in float

budpat105

Equipment
L3800
Aug 13, 2013
Jacksonville,il
Just got a L3800 hst with FEL, I am trying to read all post but unsure how to put FEL in float, reading about this in posts. Also can a 3 point be put in float? Thanks and sorry for dumb questions. Tractor has 3.2 hours and I really like the looks of everybody's line x on floor boards.

Burt

Equipment
L3700SU, box blade, 6 foot rhino blade, 1 bottom plow, 3 point receiver hitch.
Mar 24, 2012
Goldendale, WA USA
Just got a L3800 hst with FEL, I am trying to read all post but unsure how to put FEL in float, reading about this in posts. Also can a 3 point be put in float? Thanks and sorry for dumb questions. Tractor has 3.2 hours and I really like the looks of everybody's line x on floor boards.
Budpat:

Just put your loader down close to the ground, rotate your FEL to the position you want it to be. I use ours with the bucket slightly curved upward for floating. Then, put the bucket down onto the ground without lifting your front end, just put it on the ground. Now take your FEL control and push it upward somewhat quickly and you will hear a "click." Now your bucket is "floating." Best used when backing up.

It is a great tool that way for smoothing. I've smoothed gravel and dirt that way easily after spreading or removing with a box blade.

It's rather easy to put your bucket into float, just go ahead and give it try.

Burt

Benhameen

Equipment
2012 Kubota L3800 HST W/FEL and 1963 JD 2010 row crop utility
Jan 27, 2013
Southern IL.
I do believe the 3 point floats if you put the lever all the way down past the #1, if you put it on one of the numbers it stays in that position.

I was not aware that the FEL could be floated. I'll have to try that the next time I put it back on the tractor.

Tx Jim

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M7040 HDC-1,JD 4255,Ford 6700
Apr 30, 2013
Coyote Flats,Texas
Seeing the fact that the 3 pt hitch has a single acting cylinder(hyd pressure for lifting) yes the 3 pt has float once the control lever has been moved forward from totally raised position. With no implement on 3 pt in any not fully raised position one can lift 3 pt arms up.

Burt

Equipment
L3700SU, box blade, 6 foot rhino blade, 1 bottom plow, 3 point receiver hitch.
Mar 24, 2012
Goldendale, WA USA
Budpat/Eric:

That you tube about float the FEL was for another Kubota model, not the L3800. I hope that didn't confuse you. The 3800 and 3700 series float by putting the joystick in the upright position. There should have been some arrows on the joystick to indicate what the FEL will do when put into various positions...

BTW, the 3 point question...I sort of floated a one point plow to do a light trench one time by releasing the top lever and letting the weight of the plow do the dig. It worked but I don't recommend it.

The 3 point float is still a question in my mind and I do have the manual to look it with and might just do that.

Good luck. It's fun to play on tractors, especially Orange ones.

An old timer JD guy lives next to me and one day, he was helping a neighbor 1/2 mile away, got his large JD stuck in the mud and pulled it out with another tractor, an L275 and towed it home with it. I wasn't able to get a picture but it was classic.

Burt

Drew584

Equipment
Kubota L3800DT W/FEL, and 60'' LP Brushhog
Jun 17, 2013
Mannford ok
I have a 2011 l3800dt and i called the dealer to ask them about the the float position on the joy stick, and they told me there is no float position on the my l3800. Just my two cents.

Kingcreek

Equipment
Grand L3010 GST 4wd, LA481FEL, various attachments and accessories
Aug 3, 2011
NW Illinois
If it has float there might be a hinged plate that has to be flipped open to allow it to go into the float position or in to keep it from going into float. It would be right on top of the stick cover. Float position is simply a click past the down pressure. Nice feature, I use it a lot.

Eric McCarthy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota B6100E
Dec 21, 2009
Richmond Va
WHOOPS I didn't really watch the video Vic made, I know is was there so I just posted the link.

And floating the 3pt I'm not 100% sure about, it power up and gravity down, therefore I can not see there being a float position on the 3pth to truly make it float across the ground. Keep in mind I'm used to older tractors and not too familiar with the new ones.

northender

Equipment
bx2370, FEL, 54" MMM, LP box blade, LP back blade
Aug 23, 2013
Brookfield, MO USA
Isn't it rare to find a 3pt that doesn't have a float postion? How many tractors have power pushing the 3pt toward the ground? My grandfather said he had an old Ford that had power down on the 3pt, with a blade attached, you could shove the 3pt down and actually lift the rear tires off the ground.

Since most 3pt are designed for power up (lifting attachments), wouldn't they all be in float position when they are lowered to the ground? Maybe I am missing something here?

freewheel3

Equipment
MX5000DT LA852, BX1800D, B6000DT, B6200HSTD, B7100HSTD, L185, T1700HX, ZD1211
Mar 9, 2013
Alberta
Isn't it rare to find a 3pt that doesn't have a float postion? How many tractors have power pushing the 3pt toward the ground? My grandfather said he had an old Ford that had power down on the 3pt, with a blade attached, you could shove the 3pt down and actually lift the rear tires off the ground.

Since most 3pt are designed for power up (lifting attachments), wouldn't they all be in float position when they are lowered to the ground? Maybe I am missing something here?
Yup, you are correct. To get them to float all you do is push the lever all the way towards the "downward" position. This will allow the implement to travel up or down as far as the 3pt linkages will allow. Some tractors even call that the "float" position.

Mtnfolk

Jun 21, 2013
Missouri
I have a 2011 l3800dt and i called the dealer to ask them about the the float position on the joy stick, and they told me there is no float position on the my l3800. Just my two cents.

I would find another dealer. Look in Kubota Fel Model 524 Operator's Manual,
page 11 operating bucket in with float position.;)