Loader hydraulic coupler leaking on a BX2380

Bruh44

Equipment
BX2380
Mar 29, 2023
North Carolina
And on to the next issue. I’ve read these things are known for having problems. I disconnected it, wiped it down well, and put it back on. That made it worse. Anything else I should try to do to maintain it before replacing it?
Also, is it generally the top part or bottom part the leaks? Are there improvements to the new replacement parts or can I expect this to happen again? Anything aftermarket for it that could solve the problem?

Last edited:

imnukensc

Equipment
BX2380
Sep 10, 2015
Midlands of SC
Lots of folks will tell you, "Just make sure it's clean." BS. You could've eaten off mine. Had it replaced once by dealer. Still leaked because it's a shitty design. The locking point is right in the middle which in effect becomes a pivot point allowing both ends of the connector to rock. I did this and no more leaks.
IMG_2626.JPG

Last edited:

Bruh44

Equipment
BX2380
Mar 29, 2023
North Carolina
I saw a YouTube video where someone did exactly that. Would you happen to know part numbers for that? I think I need to do that. I’ve not read anything good about the Kubota coupler. It seems like the main point of contention with this tractor.

DustyRusty

Equipment
2020 BX23S, BX2822 Snowblower, Curtis Deluxe Cab,
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
I have had zero problems with mine (BX23S) and my tractor has over 150 hours on it and it is a build date of 2019 and was sold in 2020. Have your dealer fix it until you no longer have a problem with it. if the design was faulty then they would have redesigned it. Of the total number of BX 80 series tractors that have been sold a very small percentage of them have had problems. You never hear about the good ones, only the bad ones. People rarely ever praise their machines, and only complain about them when there is a problem.

Cobraone

Equipment
B2650, G1800 FWS, B2782B snow blower, RC48G20 mower deck
Jan 27, 2018
Boyne City, Michigan
QD couplers are a known problem and weak link, unfortunately we have to live with them, they are the first place kubota mechanics look at for FEL problems, I had one fail internally, bad check valve, caused my FEL to move very slow

WhatnxtBX

Equipment
BX2380
Jun 10, 2019
Lk Stevens, WA
imnukensc is correct, poor design. I had mine replaced with the “new” coupler and it still leaked. Found that if I rocked the coupler front to back when engaging the lever, the coupler would seat better and would not leak. Issue was that the lever does not allow for the two coupler pieces to be parallel when engaged. Doing it fast, they would be slightly cocked and would leak. Slow and rocking it; no issues.

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3901/LA525, B7200DT/B1630, G2160/RCK60, G2460/RCK60
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
imnukensc is correct, poor design. I had mine replaced with the “new” coupler and it still leaked. Found that if I rocked the coupler front to back when engaging the lever, the coupler would seat better and would not leak. Issue was that the lever does not allow for the two coupler pieces to be parallel when engaged. Doing it fast, they would be slightly cocked and would leak. Slow and rocking it; no issues.
Isn't that a Multi- Faster system?

MultiFaster are the market reference to connect multiple lines, allowing an effortless connection even with residual pressure in the system.

Dan

imnukensc

Equipment
BX2380
Sep 10, 2015
Midlands of SC
Does anyone have info on this?
Listed the parts needed in this thread in post #18. I only replaced the upper female couplers and used some adapters.

Last edited: