Loader dumps while raising

lostboy

Equipment
lx2610
Jan 1, 2021
OK
Today when I picked up a fairly large rock around 400lbs I reckon with the pallet forks my loader would dump when I pulled straight back to raise the rock. I also noticed it when trying to scoop dirt in a large dirt pile, it would dump as I tried to raise up. At first I thought it was air in the lines or something, but I don't think that is it. The tractor is an LX2610 with the swift-tach and self leveling. It also has the kubota 3rd function valve that hasn't been used yet. Any ideas on what might be wrong?

Thanks,
Jim

jimh406

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota L2501 with R4 tires
Jan 29, 2021
Western MT
How do the cylinders look when you roll back? I saw a guy on youtube the other day who’s pallet forks only went horizontal. I don’t know what his issue was, but it seems something is out of adjustment.

Motion

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota MX5100HST/FEL
Aug 17, 2020
Mandeville Louisiana
It shouldn't matter weather you have forks, bucket or grapple. the joy stick should give you up, down, curl and dump. Confirm that the lines are correctly orientated. Who installed the 3rd function?

bmblank

Equipment
2020 L3901HST, LA525 Loader, 66" Q/A Bucket, PFL2042 Forks, Meteor SB68PT Blower
Mar 4, 2015
Cadillac, MI
Perhaps a leak between paths in the valve block. Does curl function normally? Is the inadvertent dumping happening as if it were an intentional dump or is it jerky or something?

Bmyers

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Grand L3560 with LA805 loader, EA 55" Wicked Grapple, SBX72 BB, LP 1272 mower
May 27, 2019
Southern Illinois
You stated that you had the self-leveling kit on your loader, was the loader trying to keep the load level when you were raising it, thus 'dumping' some of the load as it worked to level itself?

lostboy

Equipment
lx2610
Jan 1, 2021
OK
So the curl works as should with the load. It will curl the rock back up after the lift has tried to dump. This has the mechanical self leveling with the brackets on top of the loader arms. I don't think there is any hydraulic part to the self leveling. The curl cylinders have to be extending, I didn't get off the tractor to look a them though. I bought the tractor used with 35 hours. The previous owner told me the dealer had originally installed the land pride 3rd function valve on the left side of the tractor. He had taken it back to get the Kubota oem 3rd function because that is what he paid for. So I think the Dealer installed Kubota 3rd function. I will look for instructions on installing the oem 3rd function to see if I can find anything wrong. I don't see any hydraulic leaks or oil on the concrete where I park it. Oil level is fine.
Empty it keeps the loader or pallet forks level.

SDT

Equipment
multiple and various
Apr 15, 2018
SE, IN
Today when I picked up a fairly large rock around 400lbs I reckon with the pallet forks my loader would dump when I pulled straight back to raise the rock. I also noticed it when trying to scoop dirt in a large dirt pile, it would dump as I tried to raise up. At first I thought it was air in the lines or something, but I don't think that is it. The tractor is an LX2610 with the swift-tach and self leveling. It also has the kubota 3rd function valve that hasn't been used yet. Any ideas on what might be wrong?

Thanks,
Jim
This is exactly what the self-leveling package is intended to prevent.

Since the self leveling feature of your loader is mechanical, I do not see how it could malfunction.

SDT

bmblank

Equipment
2020 L3901HST, LA525 Loader, 66" Q/A Bucket, PFL2042 Forks, Meteor SB68PT Blower
Mar 4, 2015
Cadillac, MI
Blow-by in one or more of the curl cylinders? Wouldn't cause a leak or anything, just bad performance under a heavy load. Depending on how heavy, of course.

Reactions: 1 user

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
I think LandPride provides the 3rd function kit for Kubota's (at least smaller) tractors. Kubota owns LandPride.

PoTreeBoy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L35 Ford 3930
Mar 24, 2020
WestTn/NoMs
This is exactly what the self-leveling package is intended to prevent.

Since the self leveling feature of your loader is mechanical, I do not see how it could malfunction.

SDT
I don't see how the LX self-leveling could be mechanical since the valve is mounted on the fender, not on the loader. On my L35, I can feel the linkage pushing the stick to un-curl as I raise the bucket.
Perhaps OP is confusing the level indicator rod?
In any case, as others have said, I think the issue is caused by the self-leveling. I don't know how the hydraulic leveling works, but there must be someway to adjust it.
OP, are you able to raise the bucket curled? Also, can you raise the forks rolled back without a load on them?

Njtool

Equipment
Lx2610 HSDC. BH77 backhoe
Jan 1, 2021
New jersey
I have an lx2610 with a self leveling kit. It is both mechanical and hydraulic.

lostboy

Equipment
lx2610
Jan 1, 2021
OK
Thanks NJtool. I didn't realize it also included a hydraulic portion. It is called "Mechanical self-leveling" after all.
In looking at the parts diagram for the LA535 loader on messick's I see there is a "port relief valve" and a "relief valve". So I am thinking they might need to be adjusted. Does anybody have experience with adjusting the relief valves?

Njtool

Equipment
Lx2610 HSDC. BH77 backhoe
Jan 1, 2021
New jersey
I thought the same thing. Mechanical means no hydraulic. Originally I thought I could install it but after looking at all the parts, hoses, etc. I decided to let the dealer install it.
If it’s still under warranty, and it should be, I would contact the dealer. It’s my understanding that the warranty follows the machine, even if you are the second owner.

lostboy

Equipment
lx2610
Jan 1, 2021
OK
Well I figured out where the self leveling valves were and which one I thought was for the curl cylinders. Which happened to have a screw out further. So I screwed it in a couple of times. It seemed to work better and not dump the rock. This is just something I tried and I do not recommend anybody doing this. I am a computer programmer during the day and was just willing to try this on my own.