Loader cylinder replace vs rebuild

Capnbeak

Equipment
L3750DT
Nov 28, 2011
Bedford, Texas, USA
BF 900 loader on an L3750DT: Just had the lower cylinders rebuilt by a local hydraulic repair shop to the tune of $915. Just curious as to the feasibility of replacing the cylinders instead of rebuilding as the upper (bucket) cylinders will need repair soon. In defense of the shop one rod did require replacement (fabrication). My concern is how well they would interchange-for example Northern Tool-since Kubota wants about $900 each for new cylinders.

pat331

Equipment
L35, mower, bushhog, cement mixer, grader, boxblade, forks, posthole digger
Mar 31, 2009
Ft. Worth, TX
Capnbeak, I just had the dipperstick cylinder repaired for my backhoe at Liberty Fluid Power in Grand Prairie, www.libertyhydraulics.com. The cost was $459 and included a new chrome rod. A new rod from Kubota was going to cost over $700 alone. Another option you might consider it to buy 2 new cylinders from Surplus Center out of Lincoln, NE. Their web site is
www.surpluscenter.com
I bought 2 new cylinders from them to replace the bucket cylinders on my Dad's Kubota after I bent the rods on the originals while loading logs. Hope this helps.

Capnbeak

Equipment
L3750DT
Nov 28, 2011
Bedford, Texas, USA
Thanks. I used American Hydraulics in north Ft Worth and I think their market is really the bigger cylinders so might do something different for the bucket end. $80 just to give me an estimate but that was included in the price. I have been checking on Surplus Center.

pat331

Equipment
L35, mower, bushhog, cement mixer, grader, boxblade, forks, posthole digger
Mar 31, 2009
Ft. Worth, TX
Surplus Center was the cheapest route for me on Dad's FEL. I considered using them again on my BH, but wasn't sure how the ends would pin up. If you want, PM me and we can exchange phone numbers to help get you going.

Bulldog

Equipment
M 9000 DTC, L 3000 DT
Mar 30, 2010
Rocky Face, Georgia
Are the cylinders just leaking or are they damaged? I just rebuilt 2 on my bobcat mini x and the parts were $20 ea. They were just leaking though.

Capnbeak

Equipment
L3750DT
Nov 28, 2011
Bedford, Texas, USA
The cylinders that i had repaired were leaking and the shop said one rod needed replacing. I am not sure if there was anyway to verify that to be true so i just paid the man. The cylinders at the bucket are not leaking so i am holding off on them for now. The parts from kubota are out of sight as far as price goes so looking for another option if they do start leaking.