loader control lever

old blind and toothless

Equipment
L4701 ford 801D
Aug 14, 2021
Heanener Oklahoma
Hey Guys new member here I recently purchased a L4701 with the LA765 loader.. ok here is my question …does anyone else hit the control lever of the loader by accident and what did you do to fix it I am thinking of shortening the rod to get it down to steering wheel level in my mind this would get it out of the way and it would take away some of the light touch issues and add resistance so I can feel it …what are yall’s thoughts

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
Not familiar with your model - but many have the exact same problem - and most of them DID shorten the rod to make it less of an obstruction.

old blind and toothless

Equipment
L4701 ford 801D
Aug 14, 2021
Heanener Oklahoma
I grew up and old with the 801D and this kubota is the first new equipment I have purchased in a very long time and the learning curve is steep when you are vision impaired I can see the =big stuff but the de-tale is gone thanks for the reply just wanted to see if anyone had a better idea have a good one and thanks

aaluck

Equipment
L4400HST, Bush Hog 276, RDTH60, Speeco PHD, etc
Oct 9, 2019
Snowdoun, AL
I have a L4400 which I believe would be similar and I have not had an issue. However, shortening it would probably help. Maybe go a little at a time until your happy--harder to add back then cut down.

Reactions: 1 user

old blind and toothless

Equipment
L4701 ford 801D
Aug 14, 2021
Heanener Oklahoma
I have a L4400 which I believe would be similar and I have not had an issue. However, shortening it would probably help. Maybe go a little at a time until your happy--harder to add back then cut down.
the way it is now makes me feel like the old rat fink cartoons with the rat in a hotrod with the 8 ball shifter that is over his head lol

bbxlr8

Equipment
L2501 w/R14s, LA525, BH77, SGC0660, CL 5' BB, CL PHD, WG24 + Ford 1210 60" mmm,
Mar 29, 2021
Eastern PA
the way it is now makes me feel like the old rat fink cartoons with the rat in a hotrod with the 8 ball shifter that is over his head lol
Funny!! - I thought this also

I have the LA525 and have been debating this as well. It comes to hand when resting but other times feels to far towards operator station. Key is finding the right amount for your use and comfort. I am thinking about starting with about 3" off. It hasn't bugged me that much so maybe this winter... I got pretty used to it doing massive amounts of clearing with grapple recently.

FYI There is another thread about this over the last month or so with pics if you search back

Reactions: 1 user