Loader bucket differences B3200

MtnLogger

Equipment
B3200HSD, FEL, Splitter, Chipper
Aug 14, 2010
Keene, Ca
Morning all; new owner of http://www.orangetractortalks.com/forums/images/smilies/biggrin.gifB3200 with LA504 loader on order (signed for this weekend).

Question on difference between standard 54in and lightweight 60in bucket. I'm on a mountain side parcel, 23 acres, heavily wooded & 400 ft gravel drive. Primary use to maintain firebreak & firewood. Will borrow box scraper when needed, log splitter coming & chipper being researched (looking at Liberty).

So on the bucket - 60 inch coming, but would the 54 be tougher? Willing to have a cutting edge welded on (& a few hooks).

Thnx

Bulldog

Equipment
M 9000 DTC, L 3000 DT
Mar 30, 2010
Rocky Face, Georgia
I think that Kubota says light weight but it just means it holds more than the loader will handle in heavy material.

If I was thinking about a cutting edge I would suggest looking at like a bobcat or most any other skid steer brand and get a bolt on edge. That way it could be replaced without doing any cutting. Just have your bucket drilled to a standard pattern and you'll be good to go.

bo3200

Equipment
M4030SU B3200 2 IH Farmall Cubs
Apr 26, 2010
Lexington, NC USA
Morning all; new owner of http://www.orangetractortalks.com/forums/images/smilies/biggrin.gifB3200 with LA504 loader on order (signed for this weekend).

Question on difference between standard 54in and lightweight 60in bucket. I'm on a mountain side parcel, 23 acres, heavily wooded & 400 ft gravel drive. Primary use to maintain firebreak & firewood. Will borrow box scraper when needed, log splitter coming & chipper being researched (looking at Liberty).

So on the bucket - 60 inch coming, but would the 54 be tougher? Willing to have a cutting edge welded on (& a few hooks).

Thnx
I chose the 54" for our B3200 and have been extremely happy with it. We've hauled over 100 loads of topsoil and mulch with this bucket and it performs well. The 54" bucket also allows more maneuverability when you're operating in close quarters such as gardens and trees. It's built well and totes the load even if it is a little pee-pee tractor. ;>)

Last edited:

logan

Equipment
Kubota B7800 w?fel
Jan 7, 2010
US
I had a 54" on my B7800 that did not cover my tire tracks and purchased a 60" . I am pleased with the 60 it has better capacity and covers the tire tracks.

Jimmysal

Equipment
B1750HST, RC60 MMM, LA300 FEL, TSC 48" BoxBlade, PTO Dbar chains tongs old Stihl
Aug 26, 2010
Vermont
You said you live on hilly property? Sounds similar to my lot. Keep in mind that material outside the loader arms can decrease stability when traversing a hill. If you're going with the wider bucket, use counter weights on the rear, widen your track, load your tires, and keep that bucket looooow.