Loader arms misaligned

racerboy

Equipment
B2601
May 10, 2021
NJ
I think I messed up my loader arms. They are no longer aligned (one seems a little lower) and they are not even with the SSQA slots in my attachments. When I go to remove the bucket and put on pallet forks or grapple, I can only line up one slot have to get off tractor and manually lift the other one. I have to put grapple in later so I can take a picture to show what I’m talking about. Can o fix this or does it have to go to dealer?

I also bent one of the times on my grapple moving a big rock. What’s the easiest way to bend it back? I was thinking maybe a ratchet strap but wasn’t sure that would be strong enough.

IMG_3383.jpeg

will721

Equipment
LX2610, Ford 2n, Ferguson TO20
Jun 6, 2023
Quad Cities Area
For the loader arms, obviously the safest route is the dealer. I'm sure there are plenty of good ol boys that have bent them back themselves after an incident like that, myself included. But you could attempt to pick up something over capacity on the high side to force it back a little at a time. I wouldn't recommend it, but if you do inspect the loader frame both before and after for any cracks. Particularly near welds and pivot points.

The grapple depends on the model and steel used. Mild steel just heat it up a bit and bend it back. Hardened steel is tricky. It wont wanna move without heat, but heat diminishes the hardening. It could also crack under the strain of moving it back.

will721

Equipment
LX2610, Ford 2n, Ferguson TO20
Jun 6, 2023
Quad Cities Area
If it doesn't effect functionality I'd probably leave the grapple alone unless it is mild steel.

ve9aa

Equipment
TG1860, BX2380 -backblade, bx2830 snowblower, fel, weight box,pallet forks,etc
Apr 11, 2021
NB, Canada
Grapple--would a bottle or floor jack work? (or even a long pipe/bar---?>Looks pretty minor.

For the arms, I've seen guys jam it against a tree with some use of hydraulics.
Not sure exactly how it's done. Search for "bent SSQA" or similar.

dirtydeed

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650 BH77, U27-4R2, BX23TLBM, box blade, rear blade, flail mower, Stump Grinder
Dec 8, 2017
Wind Gap, PA
maybe it's just the cylinders are out of time? check length on both lift cylinders and both bucket cylinders.

But before doing that, check the air pressure in the tires.

ctfjr

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3800HST
Dec 7, 2009
central ct
Could you 'straighten' the arms with something like those safety stops on the clylinder that prevent the fel from dropping (use only 1)???

fried1765

Equipment
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, Ford 8N, SCAG Liberty Z, Gravely Pro.
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
maybe it's just the cylinders are out of time? check length on both lift cylinders and both bucket cylinders.

But before doing that, check the air pressure in the tires.

"check the air pressure in the tires"
Absolutely....YES!

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
yeesh, I'd expect ONLY the end of the tine to be bent, but the picture shows the tine steel between the 'bars' is also bent !
OR, are my eyes playing tricks on me ???

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Sound like what your explaining with the loader, is not arms misaligned, but SSQA latch pads out of alignment or out of time.
There is a rod that keeps the pads in time that has gotten twisted.
It's a simple fix if it's only off a bit, like a couple inches.
Simply block the pad the is further back and then with the loader control roll the roll control back in short amounts till the pads align.

For the grapple tine, a pipe wrench with straighten that out easily!