Loader advise

mikkeeh

Aug 28, 2013
Mount Vernon Ohio
Hey all: I recently purchased a B7500 with a LA302 FEL. For the first 4 or 5 hours everything worked great. Now my "down" movement of the lever is sticky. It doesnt move smoothly...feels like it hits a detent and then drops. All othe positions seem to be ok. Fluid looks clean...but appears somewhat overfilled. Any advise appreciated.

Bulldog

Equipment
M 9000 DTC, L 3000 DT
Mar 30, 2010
Rocky Face, Georgia
Are you hitting the float detent or does it just feel kind of crunchy? If it's sticky / crunchy feeling I would say at some point in time moisture has got down in the loader control and it's rusted up. Around on the back side of the control it should have a small cap. Be careful if you take it apart, lots of springs and ball bearings. I bet it's full of rust and will need some lubrication. Take your time when you take it apart, it's not a bad project to complete.

mikkeeh

Aug 28, 2013
Mount Vernon Ohio
I found that it has to do with the position of the 3pt lift lever. If its all the way to the back...ie in the "up" position, you can hear the bypass open. When this happens the loader operates erratically. If I move the lever slightly towards the "down" position, the loader works smoothly.