Living in the past

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
re: and they REFUSED her PRE-PAID Gift Cards! So BB&B has stolen the money! 👺

try that up here and BB&B would be in jail and sued. Those cards ARE 'legal tender',100 % aild for any purchases AND never expire...

fried1765

Equipment
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, Ford 8N, SCAG Liberty Z, Gravely Pro.
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
Inflation when he took ofc was less than 2%…went up to 9% last summer….back down now to around 4%….and still heading downward…. expected to be below 2% again by end of the year. (per Meet the Press this morning)
Unemployment is the very very low. People have money. People are buying things. Good for everyone, buyers and sellers.

BUT….don’t hold on to those Gift Cards! Wife went to Bed, Bath, and Beyond yesterday because they’re going out of business …..not bankrupt… just don’t like competing with on-line shoppers…. So Big Sale (they claimed)….. Right. 10% off….so overpriced stuff is still overpriced…and they REFUSED her PRE-PAID Gift Cards! So BB&B has stolen the money! 👺
SOME other retailers are honoring BB&B discounts, but obviously, not the gift cards

Botamon

Equipment
M7060HDC12, John Deere 2020 diesel
Mar 26, 2018
Winnemucca, Nevada
Inflation when he took ofc was less than 2%…went up to 9% last summer….back down now to around 4%….and still heading downward…. expected to be below 2% again by end of the year. (per Meet the Press this morning)
I think those figures are doctored by the government to make themselves look good. Just like those shills I see on the evening news telling me that our southern border is "secure" while thousands of people, unvetted, cross into this country every day.

Why is it that inflation is "only" 4%...but the price of everything I pay for - including food - has gone up 30 to 50%? I keep all my receipts and I'm shocked at the difference in price for items I bought 2 years ago versus what I'm having to pay today.

Reactions: 1 users

Steve67

Equipment
B2601-fel, 60"mmm, 5' rear blade, balast box
Jan 20, 2017
St. Louis, mo.
Government figures seriously. Everything I buy is still 20% or more from three years ago. Love him or hate him I had more buying power when Orange Man was in office

Reactions: 1 user

motionclone

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L345DT with Lp mower, forks and grapple thumb, Bobcat 337 Midi Ex
May 4, 2018
Maine
If people keep buying stuff at ridiculous prices, the sellers keep selling.
Can anyone figure out what would happen to those ridiculous prices if smart consumers quit buying them ? What has happened to all the consumers who used to be smart with their buying power ?
They arent really ridiculous prices anymore, they are the norm. People are paying the price because those are things that are needed. Even OP who was shocked, still bought them.

I have to pay $25hr or more in order to get a stoner/alchoholic to show up for work to carry blocks from point a to point b. 3 years ago that was $18hr tops

NorthwoodsLife

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota B7100(sold), Kubota LX2610 Cab
Oct 15, 2021
Wisconsin
With minimum wage at $15.00 an hour in some places, a Big Mac hamburger is over 7 dollars.

I paid just under 40K for my 2017 Super Duty 4x4, new in 2017.. today it's 60K for a new one. 150 percent in 6 years!

This is going political because that's what it is. I expect the moderators to shut it down.

The Evil Twin

Equipment
L2501, LA526,
Jul 19, 2022
Virginia
I have been buying them on amazon. About $10 each.
Wipers are one thing. Just don't buy anything that makes a difference in quality. Amazon sells counterfeit everything. There was a load of fake motorcraft fuel filters that cost diesel owners $10k when they came apart.

GeoHorn

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M4700DT, LA1002FEL, Ferguson5-8B Compactor-Roller, 10KDumpTrailer, RTV-X900
May 18, 2018
Texas
I think those figures are doctored by the government to make themselves look good. Just like those shills I see on the evening news telling me that our southern border is "secure" while thousands of people, unvetted, cross into this country every day.

Why is it that inflation is "only" 4%...but the price of everything I pay for - including food - has gone up 30 to 50%? I keep all my receipts and I'm shocked at the difference in price for items I bought 2 years ago versus what I'm having to pay today.
Those figures are not gov’t figures…They are from Meet the Press analysts….not typically favorable to the Man.

Jsjac

Equipment
B2650
Feb 13, 2022
New Hampshire
With minimum wage at $15.00 an hour in some places, a Big Mac hamburger is over 7 dollars.

I paid just under 40K for my 2017 Super Duty 4x4, new in 2017.. today it's 60K for a new one. 150 percent in 6 years!

This is going political because that's what it is. I expect the moderators to shut it down.
I bought a new Ford F350 in October of 22 and paid around $63000 for it.
I was thinking about a two wheel drive truck.
Ford only sells a two wheel drive work truck now.
So l asked how much for a replacement of the one I have and the price was around $83000. Went up $20,000 in eighteen months 😲😲😲😲

Reactions: 1 user

lugbolt

Equipment
ZG127S-54
Oct 15, 2015
Mid, South, USA
Unemployment is the very very low. People have money. People are buying things. Good for everyone, buyers and sellers.

BUT….don’t hold on to those Gift Cards! Wife went to Bed, Bath, and Beyond yesterday because they’re going out of business …..not bankrupt… just don’t like competing with on-line shoppers…. So Big Sale (they claimed)….. Right. 10% off….so overpriced stuff is still overpriced…and they REFUSED her PRE-PAID Gift Cards! So BB&B has stolen the money! 👺

unemployment is low because people who could have afforded to retire early had to go back to work. I'm one of them.

BBBY stock went nuts for a minute. I bought in at perfect time, and sold at perfect time. Twice. First time 535%, second 1024%. I have no idea what I'm doing with stocks but I was acting on a tip from someone I don't even know, we was leaned over the side of his boat looking at a mess of crappie, at the boat ramp, talking about different things...and I mentioned that "I" had to go back to work after early retirement and he mentioned that you should look at bed bath and beyond stock. And there ya go.

people who held the money until the right time, are buying. People who was spending every penny they had, are not doing well, which accounts for a LOT of people. Money management is not my forte', and in fact I get to watch people fail in that sense on a daily basis-and I do too at times. In 19/20/21 there was money coming into my little household and it was a direct result of a lot of things, some related to COVID, some related to how the leaders were handling "that" mess, etc.. I (and everyone else should have) knew that it was temporary so I didn't change anything budget-wise. That it still there for investment purposes and historically economic downturns are a good time to "get in".

they say inflation is just about 5%. Then why are my groceries up about 45%? Gas, transportation, vehicle maintenance, vehicle repairs, electricity, home heating gas, water, internet (my internet bill is 94% higher than it was in 2020 with the exact same company and plan), the cost of tools to do my job, also higher, the cost to go to/from work is higher (which cuts into my pay), my pay is NOT higher; at least not enough to offset the cost of living increase. Taxes are higher. Insurance is higher.

At the end of last year I figured it up. On average, I saw a 43% price increase, overall. My pay did increase over 2021 but only by about 9%.

The figured that they're feeding us, are not the whole truth. It may only be the certain items that they've decided to report on. Who knows.

Last edited:

DaveFromMi

Equipment
L3901, 5' Bush Hog
Apr 14, 2021
Indiana
I used Rain-X refills on my Chevy Colorado after the factory ones were toast. I changed the factory wipers to Rain-X at about 20,000 miles. I've got about 54,000 miles on the vehicle now and used only one Rain-X set. I wipe them off once in a while, lots of tree pollen around here.
Screenshot_20230514-221556.png

Last edited:

GeoHorn

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M4700DT, LA1002FEL, Ferguson5-8B Compactor-Roller, 10KDumpTrailer, RTV-X900
May 18, 2018
Texas
TRICOs and MIchelin wipers are priced from $5 to $8 at WalMart. Easy decision for me.

I took the Rain-X’s back off and returned them when I got tired of the “silicone” smears on my glass.

Why does the red “robot or human” appear when I post a legit link? (This link “robot or huma” is to Walmart.

aaluck

Equipment
L4400HST, Bush Hog 276, RDTH60, Speeco PHD, etc
Oct 9, 2019
Snowdoun, AL
I have always picked up the Goodyear at Costco. However, they changed the design and now the driver's wiper does not stay on the window at speeds over 40 mph. Was a deal at about $10, but not if they are flying off the windshield.

Im going to look into those posted by @DaveFromMi

Biker1mike

Equipment
B6200, Kubota 2030 Front Blade, King Cutter 60" finishing deck
Jan 11, 2022
Gallatin, NY USA
re: and they REFUSED her PRE-PAID Gift Cards! So BB&B has stolen the money! 👺

try that up here and BB&B would be in jail and sued. Those cards ARE 'legal tender',100 % aild for any purchases AND never expire...
In the US at least a gift card is considered a loan to the company. Repayment is when you use the card. Once a company declares bankruptcy all assets and loans are more or less frozen. As a card holder you can only sue to try to recoup and that ain't going to happen.