List of grill guard fabricators and or skid plates..

G-grandpa

May 15, 2021
Western Ma
not everyone is a fabricator or welder so we rely on others... I am looking to get a nice grill guard and like most thing I do, research it to death..
who else can we add to this tiny list?

B737

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX3310
Jun 9, 2019
New Jersey
I just ordered Fuel guard, HST and Transmission filter guards from Paul and Kathy at Specialty last week. They are really great people to work with. I have always appreciated Pauls work. I use his light perches too which are put to the test in the woods.

speaking of woods, I was going to go guards free, until I got under the machine after brush hogging and saw the rub marks from brush all over the filters.

jimh406

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota L2501 with R4 tires
Jan 29, 2021
Western MT
I bought the hydraulic and fuel Zooks guards and the 5 Eleven Designs front grill guard before I busted either one. I’m thinking about rear light guards after hearing about people busting them with quick hitches. Mine do barely clear, but I don’t know those light guard would help or not.

TheOldHokie

Equipment
L3901/LA520, B7200DT/LA1630, G2160/RCK60, G2460/RCK60
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
Ordered my grill guard from lown performance a couple months too late but finally got it, after I put a couple of holes in the grill ha
I only punched one hole in my grille before ordering a guard from Lown. Just this minute finished installing the new $90 grille. The chin guard also easily holds 2 x 10' of 3/8 chain with grab hooks.

Dan

Attachments

Reactions: 1 user

Willbeone

Equipment
L3560HSTC LE, LA555 loader, Scraper/grader, Woodchipper, Backhoe.
May 19, 2021
Oklahoma
I only punched one hole in my grille before ordering a guard from Lown. Just this minute finished installing the new $90 grille. The chin guard also easily holds 2 x 10' of 3/8 chain with grab hooks.

Dan
I just got my Lown Performance grill guard with chin guard/chain bucket installed.

Attachments

Reactions: 2 users

fried1765

Equipment
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, Ford 8N, SCAG Liberty Z, Gravely Pro.
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
I just ordered Fuel guard, HST and Transmission filter guards from Paul and Kathy at Specialty last week. They are really great people to work with. I have always appreciated Pauls work. I use his light perches too which are put to the test in the woods.

speaking of woods, I was going to go guards free, until I got under the machine after brush hogging and saw the rub marks from brush all over the filters.
I absolutely agree!
Paul and Kathy Short are truly great people!
I may be prejudiced though,.....I lived in NFLD. many years ago.
In my opinion: Newfoundlanders are absolutely THE BEST !

Reactions: 1 user

B737

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX3310
Jun 9, 2019
New Jersey
I absolutely agree!
Paul and Kathy Short are truly great people!
I may be prejudiced though,.....I lived in NFLD. many years ago.
In my opinion: Newfoundlanders are absolutely THE BEST !
haha yes they are! I just installed their plates on the LX and had them for the b2601 too