light output led lights to halogen bulbs

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
I'm glad to hear they work good for you. I just bought one to replace the headlight on my four wheeler. I'm anxious to get it mounted and try it out. I already have two 1,100 lumen flood LED's under the front rack and they are super for lighting up the area around the front. I hope this new spot LED will do as well as the floods.
With the light you see from yours do you think one would replace a headlight well?
I think it would be tough to replace the headlights that are stock on the BX, and even if it was $20 a bulb, not sure I would - those lights are right in the path of the bucket, and the bucket blocks most of the light.......

mounted up on the rops is the kats a$$ as for as light hitting the spot !!:D

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
Yeah the OEM headlight and where they are mounted are useless when you have the blade or bucket on. The twin 55watt lamps I mounted on a breacket on top of the rops work well enough,, but the whole thing is about6 inchcs high. An LED light bar maybe at 3 1/2 inches high and more light from what you guys are saying and a lot less draw.So when some more pennies find their way into the cookie jar I guess thats the way I ll go,, Thanks guys you have given me a lot of info

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
Yeah the OEM headlight and where they are mounted are useless when you have the blade or bucket on. The twin 55watt lamps I mounted on a breacket on top of the rops work well enough,, but the whole thing is about6 inchcs high. An LED light bar maybe at 3 1/2 inches high and more light from what you guys are saying and a lot less draw.So when some more pennies find their way into the cookie jar I guess thats the way I ll go,, Thanks guys you have given me a lot of info

Skeets,

I feel your pain - I mounted mine under the ROPS - fearful I would tear the dang things off with a tree limb - And as many times as I climb on-board, never hit them with my head either. Bright as all get out too! The cost is coming down, bout the time they get "cheap" - they will have something mo brighter and you'll need more pennies!!!!:D

aquaforce

Equipment
L245DT FEL, JD450 Track loader, 5' scrape blade&mower, 5x10 trailer, Dump truck
Apr 22, 2009
Stockbridge, Ga. USA
I think it would be tough to replace the headlights that are stock on the BX, and even if it was $20 a bulb, not sure I would - those lights are right in the path of the bucket, and the bucket blocks most of the light.......

mounted up on the rops is the kats a$$ as for as light hitting the spot !!:D

I was thinking of the headlight on my four wheeler; a Suzuki QuadRunner. :)
Your right for the tractor. Headlights and FEL are kind of a mute point. Up high is perfect.