Lift arm tilt cylinder

Papadiver

Equipment
BX2380 FEL, MMM, 3rd Valve, Grapple
Feb 10, 2019
WV
Thinking about adding T&T and rear remotes to my Ford 1720. Where is a good place to source a tilt cylinder? I am able to do some fabrication if needed.

Ron

JimmyJazz

Equipment
B2601
Aug 8, 2020
Pittsburgh, Pa
Thinking about adding T&T and rear remotes to my Ford 1720. Where is a good place to source a tilt cylinder? I am able to do some fabrication if needed.

Ron
My first call is usually to Messicks. I am not a "real farmer" so take it for what its worth. Good luck.

Papadiver

Equipment
Feb 10, 2019
WV
My first call is usually to Messicks. I am not a "real farmer" so take it for what its worth. Good luck.
Yep I called them this morning. That is one thing they do not have.
I bought my 3rd function for my BX2380 from them. They are real good to work with.

Reactions: 1 user

GeoHorn

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M4700DT, LA1002FEL, Ferguson5-8B Compactor-Roller, 10KDumpTrailer, RTV-X900
May 18, 2018
Texas
I just added a toplink and ordered the cylinder and hoses from AgriSupply. But PAY ATTENTION if you order their hoses.... they end in male BSP (British Straight Pipe... so it’s probably best to also order their quick-connects to get it to Pioneer female plug-ins. (I didn’t pay attention and then had to find adaptors to get from their hose to the Pioneer males I already had.)
They also sell the lift-link cylinder you’ll need. Hope this helps.

I will consider adding Tilt later, and transfer my present adjustable lift-link the the left lift arm when I put a hyd cyl on the right arm.

Reactions: 1 user

Papadiver

Equipment
Feb 10, 2019
WV
I just added a toplink and ordered the cylinder and hoses from AgriSupply. But PAY ATTENTION if you order their hoses.... they end in male BSP (British Straight Pipe... so it’s probably best to also order their quick-connects to get it to Pioneer female plug-ins. (I didn’t pay attention and then had to find adaptors to get from their hose to the Pioneer males I already had.)
They also sell the lift-link cylinder you’ll need. Hope this helps.

I will consider adding Tilt later, and transfer my present adjustable lift-link the the left lift arm when I put a hyd cyl on the right arm.
Thanks! I searched everything and this place would not come up. i installed a 3rd valve for a grapple. But my 3 point hitch gets used the most. I am considering running a second set of hoses to that valve to run the tilt cylinder when not using the grapple. Then in time I may put the rear valves and a top link on. I mainly need to change the tilt to crown my gravel roads when I grade them. I am getting tired of getting off the tractor to reset things all the time. There is a hydraulic hose shop in town and I can get hoses made real reasonable. Am I overlooking anything that will cause problems?

GeoHorn

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M4700DT, LA1002FEL, Ferguson5-8B Compactor-Roller, 10KDumpTrailer, RTV-X900
May 18, 2018
Texas
Thanks! I searched everything and this place would not come up. i installed a 3rd valve for a grapple. But my 3 point hitch gets used the most. I am considering running a second set of hoses to that valve to run the tilt cylinder when not using the grapple. Then in time I may put the rear valves and a top link on. I mainly need to change the tilt to crown my gravel roads when I grade them. I am getting tired of getting off the tractor to reset things all the time. There is a hydraulic hose shop in town and I can get hoses made real reasonable. Am I overlooking anything that will cause problems?
Check out this site.. I have good success with Andy’s solution for rear hydraulics: Pull the knob and the loader joy-stick up/down movement controls the toplink. Very simple and affordable: A second installation will allow the loader joystick curl function to operate Tilt:
https://www.tractorinnovations.com/kubota

In Utopia

Equipment
L175 FEL
Apr 21, 2013
Utopia,Tx/Pasadena,TX
I got my cylinder with a check valve here: