Leveling rear blade

Tenalach Farms

Equipment
Kubota L3010
Oct 27, 2022
Michigan
I have the lower arms within a fraction of an inch of equal length, but the blade on the adjustable arm side is till close to 4 inches too high. There does not appear to be an adjustment on the blade for correcting this. Any thoughts?

Hkb82

Equipment
M7060, Ford 5600, can-am defender
Nov 17, 2021
Ontario Canada
Lower the adjustable arm to make the blade sit level. an inch or two at the arm will add more drop at the very end of the blade. Seems odd to be out that much with both arms level but if the blade isn’t level to the 3ph then I guess it makes sense. Maybe pics would help???
seems like an easy fix to me that’s why they adjustable

Reactions: 1 user

bambam31

Equipment
L3800HST 4x4,R1,FEL, 6'disc, 5'bush hog,piranhaTB,6'grader,6'rake, 48"forks
Apr 3, 2014
Mobile, AL
What about your tire pressure?

nbryan

Equipment
B2650 BH77 LA534 54" ssqa Forks B2782B BB1560 Woods M5-4 MaxxHaul 50039
Jan 3, 2019
Hadashville, Manitoba, Canada
I have the lower arms within a fraction of an inch of equal length, but the blade on the adjustable arm side is till close to 4 inches too high. There does not appear to be an adjustment on the blade for correcting this. Any thoughts?
I assume the tractor is level, and/or or sitting with the blade on a flat surface?

By lower arms, you mean the lift links with the right side being adjustable?

I take "lower arms" as the lower links attached to pins near the bottom of the tractor diff. that get raised/lowered by the lift links.

Check the swivel joints on the entire unit, for excess play.

The lower links attach to the rocker shaft. Make sure the big nuts holding them on are tight, and the lift arms are parellel with no play between them. If the left side was loose, for example, the left lift arm may drop a bit causing the discrepancy you observe.

If all's tight and straight with the 3-point assembly, then it must be the scraper frame out of alignment.

Then it's repair the twisted blade frame, or just lengthen the right lift link when you use the blade.

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
agree , pictures would help or at least the model of the rear blade you're using.
it 'sounds' as if you have a blade that can tilt , and THAT needs to be adjusted.

Captain13

Equipment
M7040 4WD ROPS, ZD28, Woods (84” box blade, 72” harrow, 48” pallet forks)
Feb 27, 2019
Kathleen, GA
Something I would recommend before leveling your lift arms is to try to find a hill steep enough that you can lower your blade and it not touch the ground. We had a problem on another 7040 last year where one arm was about 3 inches higher than the other when lowered. The tractor had been hooked up to an implement that was not sitting level so the first arm was connected and then the 3 ph was raised enough to connect the second lift arm. So one side was lifting before the other. I got on a steep grade pointing down hill and raised the implement all the way and then lowered it all the way. The implement couldn’t touch the ground because of how the tractor was sitting in the grade. That solved the problem. After that, the lift arms moved at the same time and they were level again. Once you do this on the grade, then any difference can be adjusted out of the lift arms like RalphVa states above. There is no adjustment on the blade, just the right side lift arm.

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
curious.....

There is no adjustment on the blade,

why did you say that ?

The OP never mentions which blade he has...

BTW...My blade DOES have 'tilt'....

NCL4701

Equipment
L4701, T2290, WC68, grapple, BB1572 box scrape, Howes 500, 16kW IMD gen, WG24
Apr 27, 2020
Central Piedmont, NC
4” should be within the adjustment range of the 3 point so just adjust the 3 point to level the blade and don’t be concerned about the relative height of the lift arms. I have a lightweight backblade with a twisted frame. My father got a good deal on it 60 years ago because to prior owner, a neighbor, got it in a bind somehow while it was on his 100 HP Allis Chalmers and twisted the frame. The lift arms are nowhere near same height when the blade is level and that is irrelevant to its performance.

Velma

Equipment
B2301, FDR1660, RB1560, SGC0554, Pats QH, CMP Dethatcher
May 12, 2022
MI
Is your blade straight __ or set at an angle \ or / ?

if the frame of the rear blade is vertical (set with top link) the more forgiving leveling adjustments will be on the lower link especially when the blade in angled.

Captain13

Equipment
Feb 27, 2019
Kathleen, GA
curious.....

There is no adjustment on the blade,

why did you say that ?

The OP never mentions which blade he has...

BTW...My blade DOES have 'tilt'....
I said that because the op said that in his original post. I should have said “If there is no adjustment”. Glad you have tilt.

Captain13

Equipment
Feb 27, 2019
Kathleen, GA
Are your lift links right and left attached to the same holes in the lift arms. There are two holes on the arms. Make sure you are either in the forward two holes or the rear two holes.