The beautiful machine of the day!

And if you think that's shocking you should see the motor! :eek:

Attachments

skypros

Equipment
BX23s
Jul 2, 2018
Bend, OR
You are the 1st person I seen that has a Bolt on Cutting Edge along with the Piranha Tooth Bar (PTB)...... Would there be a problem with having both installed Bars installed (IE: wouldn't that leave about 1" of metal below the bucket).
I ask because I would like to get the PTB..... But I have the Kubota Bolt on Cutting edge..... and wonder if I should just take it off to install the PTB.

I added the PTB tonight as it had already arrived and I have some digging to do right away.

tiktock

Jun 27, 2018
Plaistow
You are the 1st person I seen that has a Bolt on Cutting Edge along with the Piranha Tooth Bar (PTB)...... Would there be a problem with having both installed Bars installed (IE: wouldn't that leave about 1" of metal below the bucket).
I ask because I would like to get the PTB..... But I have the Kubota Bolt on Cutting edge..... and wonder if I should just take it off to install the PTB.
Good question! I dont have any comparison but I havent noticed any problems with the aspect you've mentioned. I do have a slight install issue I'm working out with BX where the tabs along the bucket edge arent all contacting and we're discussing options.

In hindsight I may have considered putting the PTB on after removing the factory bar but I didnt even really think about it until you asked.

Since I use the PTB for digging, it being totally flush with the bottom of the bucket hopefully wont be an issue at all.

I'll update if any issues surface or if I change my approach. Now that I've drilled and installed, I dont think I can take the factory bar off unless I have enough play in the attachment tabs to slide it in that much further but I havent tried.

edritchey

Lifetime Member

Equipment
A bunch of cute little Kubotas
Jul 19, 2014
Wellsville, PA
Here's a couple pics of my old L3901 it was a nice tractor just not any good for moving pallets of wood bricks so I traded it for a MX5800. I had front and rear remotes on it and a nice set of wide radial tires on the rear it did real nice mowing around our wet lands.

Attachments

Last edited: