Status
Not open for further replies.

NHSleddog

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650
Dec 19, 2019
Southern, NH
The main thing you missed is Steppenwolf’s point.

Nearly everything you listed is to some degree under an individual’s control. And the individual in most (but not all) cases is the one who suffers from his actions.

However, smoking does affect others when they breathe in secondary smoke. And actions one may take while impaired by drugs and/or alcohol can affect others and society does have penalties for abuse. But that is a different animal to a great degree.

What in Steppenwolf’‘s comment (copied below) motivates one to make a list of dangerous things that people may do? What he stated seems pretty straightforward.

Very simple... don't get vaccinated and take your chances... If you get covid and need assistance, too bad, so sad... Live your decision... or die by it.

In all fairness though, even if vaccinated one still takes his chances. Vaccinated people get sick and die too. Just seems like a lot less of them do, relative to the number who are unvaccinated.
And what YOU MISS is,

The person that chooses to eat too much and get fat and sick, IS TAKING A BED isn't that what the whole latest crying is about.

If a smoker gets cancer HE TAKES A BED.

If an addict OD's, HE TAKES A BED.

If an alcoholic has heart disease, HE TAKES A BED.

Getting it yet?

LET EM DIE right? - SMH

Reactions: 2 users

Porcupine

Equipment
L2501
Jun 15, 2021
NC
The main thing you missed is Steppenwolf’s point.

Nearly everything you listed is to some degree under an individual’s control. And the individual in most (but not all) cases is the one who suffers from his actions.

However, smoking does affect others when they breathe in secondary smoke. And actions one may take while impaired by drugs and/or alcohol can affect others and society does have penalties for abuse. But that is a different animal to a great degree.

What in Steppenwolf’‘s comment (copied below) motivates one to make a list of dangerous things that people may do? What he stated seems pretty straightforward.

Very simple... don't get vaccinated and take your chances... If you get covid and need assistance, too bad, so sad... Live your decision... or die by it.

In all fairness though, even if vaccinated one still takes his chances. Vaccinated people get sick and die too. Just seems like a lot less of them do, relative to the number who are unvaccinated.
I didn’t miss his point at all.

it’s absurd and I reject it entirely. It’s not supported statistically, by science, or morality.

It is however on the slippery slope toward collectivism. He’d do Well to remember that same logic will be used against him at some point.

“Oh I’m sorry, you don’t qualify for X because of Y. Here’s a pill though. Now go home and suffer quietly like a good boy.”

Tell you what:

Waive any and all treatment for any consequences of having taken the vaccine in perpetuity, remove the inappropriate access impediments to generic drugs and supportive therapies (O2, HCQ, ivermectin etc.), and I’ll happily take those odds.

What’s good for the goose ……

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user

jimh406

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota L2501 with R4 tires
Jan 29, 2021
Western MT
In an average year, almost 3 million people die in the US. Obviously, many more than that are hospitalized. It’s hard to say how many of those contributed to their own deaths, and also hard to say how many of those were impossible to prevent.

If we go down the you are forced route, we should also find out how many people were vaccinated for all of ther illnesses like shingles, pneumonia, flu, etc. Some of you want to be forced to get those vaccinations as well. But, I’m sure somebody out there can come up with more things that you will be forced to do “just in case”. We’ll lose a certain number of those people to reactions, but that’s ok right? It’s ok that hundreds of thousands die due to medical mistakes or just unforseen complications.

If you want someone to tell you how to live your life, I think you are in the wrong country. But, more importantly, nobody can remove all risk from your life.

Porcupine

Equipment
L2501
Jun 15, 2021
NC
To further emphasize the point about successful alternative treatments/preventatives:

aaluck

Equipment
L4400HST, Bush Hog 276, RDTH60, Speeco PHD, etc
Oct 9, 2019
Snowdoun, AL
Follow the money !
This is an excellent point. Although I'm not sure of the 'numbers' I do know that hospitals are getting subsidies for covid patients. So there is an incentive for them to admit as many as possible. Full disclosure I'm vaccinated and do not care if anyone else is or not.

A friend of mine (no vaccine) had complications from covid. He laid in an ER hallway for two days waiting on a bed. Not sure about the rest of the country but our hospitals are over capacity and turning folks away.

It is unfortunate that our 'leadership' is so incompetent that they are now asking us (vaccinated) to turn on our fellow Americans that are not. Are you kidding me--this is now what passes for 'leadership'?. It is unfortunate that our 'media' is so biased (on both sides) we cannot get just facts.

As @skeets said...follow the money. "News outlets" will say anything (true or bold faced lie) to keep viewership up. I actually heard a reporter the other day citing "sources that know". Are you kidding me! This is why we all argue about what the 'facts' are.

Folks... our problems are much, much worse than who is vaccinated and who isn't. And there is no end in sight.

Reactions: 1 users

Fordtech86

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3200
Aug 7, 2018
Pineville,LA

aaluck

Equipment
L4400HST, Bush Hog 276, RDTH60, Speeco PHD, etc
Oct 9, 2019
Snowdoun, AL

Exactly what I'm talking about. Our 'leadership' is trying to force everyone to do what THEY want. This is going to get worse--just what we need, hospitals closing when there are not enough beds as we speak.

Reactions: 2 users

Porcupine

Equipment
L2501
Jun 15, 2021
NC
This is an excellent point. Although I'm not sure of the 'numbers' I do know that hospitals are getting subsidies for covid patients. So there is an incentive for them to admit as many as possible. Full disclosure I'm vaccinated and do not care if anyone else is or not.

A friend of mine (no vaccine) had complications from covid. He laid in an ER hallway for two days waiting on a bed. Not sure about the rest of the country but our hospitals are over capacity and turning folks away.

It is unfortunate that our 'leadership' is so incompetent that they are now asking us (vaccinated) to turn on our fellow Americans that are not. Are you kidding me--this is now what passes for 'leadership'?. It is unfortunate that our 'media' is so biased (on both sides) we cannot get just facts.

As @skeets said...follow the money. "News outlets" will say anything (true or bold faced lie) to keep viewership up. I actually heard a reporter the other day citing "sources that know". Are you kidding me! This is why we all argue about what the 'facts' are.

Folks... our problems are much, much worse than who is vaccinated and who isn't. And there is no end in sight.
That’s an improvement. Usually it’s just “sources” at least these “sources” “Know”. :)

Steppenwolfe

Equipment
Kubota L3301, MX5100, RTV 1140, ZD331, KX-71, MX5400
Dec 22, 2020
Blue Ridge Mountains
What if you are forced to get the shot, as well as everyone in contact with you, and you still get covid and die? Do you at least get a participation trophy?

And yes I carried the coffin of that example last week.
So what? Getting vaccinated is good for the whole country, not just the few. Sorry about your friend...

Steppenwolfe

Equipment
Kubota L3301, MX5100, RTV 1140, ZD331, KX-71, MX5400
Dec 22, 2020
Blue Ridge Mountains
And what YOU MISS is,

The person that chooses to eat too much and get fat and sick, IS TAKING A BED isn't that what the whole latest crying is about.

If a smoker gets cancer HE TAKES A BED.

If an addict OD's, HE TAKES A BED.

If an alcoholic has heart disease, HE TAKES A BED.

Getting it yet?

LET EM DIE right? - SMH
Let them all die if they are that stupid... I'm not here to take care of all the idiots with addictions.

jimh406

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jan 29, 2021
Western MT
That’s an improvement. Usually it’s just “sources” at least these “sources” “Know”. :)
Most of what is reported has “anonymous sources”. But, I’m sure they are “correct” anonymous sources. ;)

I’m not really sure why anyone still isn’t skeptical of the “news”. Maybe they don’t get out much or aren’t paying attention. All of the sources have been caught lying(you can call it making mistakes) over and over.

Unless “sources” that usually disagree … agree then it probably isn’t true.

dlsmith

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2230, LA211
Nov 15, 2018
Goshen, IN
As Joe Rogan said, he got Ivermectin and other “cures” from his Dr. So, I guess you and Stern don’t trust Drs.

Btw, as he says, the people who say he took Horse medicine don’t talk about how he got well just fine. I guess you won’t either. ;)
I certainly wouldn't trust his doctors, that's for sure.
Knowing what I do about Rogan, I doubt he was sick to begin with, so it's all moot.

jimh406

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jan 29, 2021
Western MT
I certainly wouldn't trust his doctors, that's for sure.
At least Rogan’s Dr(s) patient lived, that’s more than what 650,000 people did in the US if you believe the numbers. But, trust those Drs who’s patients died if you want.

NHSleddog

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650
Dec 19, 2019
Southern, NH
Just for a few... the rest of us understand science.
That is super funny.

The facts so far.
The death numbers have been fabricated and faked (how much we will probably never know).
The infected numbers have been faked and inflated.
The hospital numbers have been faked and inflated.
MILLIONS of the tests have been defective.
People that took the experimental gene therapy (not a vaccine) are still getting it and still dying from Covid as well as the shot (AND THOSE NUMBERS ARE BEING MANIPULATED).

We have been lied to or misled through the whole thing by the gov.

You call that believing in science - ROFLMAO, I don't think you mean science like the rest of the world means science. You believe in political science.

Quick question for clearity. Do you have a "we believe in science" poster on your lawn?

Status
Not open for further replies.