Length and weight of L3540HSTCC3

SACKETTSLAND

Equipment
L3540HSTCC3 and a bunch of Land Pride implements
Mar 11, 2013
Manitoulin Island
Now that I have picked my tractor. I am having a hard time finding the exact weight and length of the unit. I am looking into a trailer but need the info to get the trailer built. The dealer is of no help and I am getting different weights and total length.
L3540HSTCC3 with LA724 loader and BH92 backhoe. Loaded tires, 72" HD round back quick attach bucket, hydraulic thumb, 16" backhoe bucket. What I'm getting is Total weight 6363 lbs and 19'9" long. Does anyone have a similar outfit and know the exact weight and length. Not sure if I need an 18' 5 ton or 7 ton trailer. Thanks in advance for your help.

hodge

Lifetime Member

Equipment
John Deere 790 John Deere 310 backhoe Bobcat 743
Nov 19, 2010
Love, VA
Does the dealer have any on the lot? Or any models in the same family, with the same setup? Measure those.
How much price difference between the 5 and 7 ton trailer? I would imagine that the 5 ton is adequate, but the extra 2 ton of capacity would be a nice cushion, especially if you change anything on the tractor, add weight, etc.
What are you pulling it with? Don't forget to put that into the equation- no need for a nice trailer if you can't move or stop it.

SACKETTSLAND

Equipment
Mar 11, 2013
Manitoulin Island
Hodge,
I have a Nissan Titan 4x4, don't think it will be a problem as it pulls my 19' boat ok. The dealer has the tractor there but without the loader or backhoe. All I get from them is 4' out the front and 5' out the back should cover the length..I really like the guy but I want to know for sure so I get the right trailer. I have to give up one of my trailers to get a bigger one for the tractor. So I dont want to go to big. I'm going to look at other dealers to see if they have anything close so I can measure the total length. Was just hopeing somone here would have the same setup and have the answers for me.
Thanks
Cheers,
Ron

Wbk

Feb 20, 2013
St Adolphe Manitoba Canada
Hi something to consider when you order the trailer is if you have to have it safetied every year. In Man. if your weight is over 4500kg (pretty sure) you need a yearly safety and if you don't use your trailer a lot it becomes costly and is usually due just when you really need it. You trailer dealer should be able to advise you on this matter. Hope this helps.

Eric McCarthy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota B6100E
Dec 21, 2009
Richmond Va
If it was me to be on the safer roomier side I'd got with a 18 foot deck over 6 ton tag along or goose neck. Now that being said I would not recommend trying to pull 5+ tons with a Nissan Titan. I have not seen a goose neck hitch on such a small truck before but if they do then goose neck would be the way to go to transfer some on the weight ontop of the axle rather then behind.

I know you said you pull a 19ft boat but take into account you're pulling a fibreglass boat on galvanized steel versus a tractor that's all metal on a metal trailer. ALOT more weight with the tractor and trailer.

May be worth looking into a used 3/4 or 1 ton truck to safely haul the tractor and to keep from tearing up the Nissan.

Last edited:

Coffeebean

Equipment
L 3540 HSTC, LA724 Loader
Apr 2, 2013
London, Ohio
I have a L 3540 with the cab and loader, with my 7 foot woods mower it weighs is around 6500 pounds. I have a 20 foot bumper pull low profile 14,000 pound rated . I pull with a H/D 3/4 ton with a V10 and with and equalizing hitch it is a handful. I prefer a low profile trailer rather then a deck over, lower center of gravity, and that older thing comes into play here also, the lo-pro is easy to load and tie down.

Something to remember is what will your total gross weight be when all is said and done. Then ask your self, can I stop all of this when I need too!!! Being able to stop when you want to is the best.....

That's my 2cents worth. Enjoy

Eric McCarthy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota B6100E
Dec 21, 2009
Richmond Va
Just being nosy but what kinda gas mileage do you get with your V10? Its bound to be better then the old 7.5L 460

hodge

Lifetime Member

Equipment
John Deere 790 John Deere 310 backhoe Bobcat 743
Nov 19, 2010
Love, VA
Hodge,
I have a Nissan Titan 4x4, don't think it will be a problem as it pulls my 19' boat ok. The dealer has the tractor there but without the loader or backhoe. All I get from them is 4' out the front and 5' out the back should cover the length..I really like the guy but I want to know for sure so I get the right trailer. I have to give up one of my trailers to get a bigger one for the tractor. So I dont want to go to big. I'm going to look at other dealers to see if they have anything close so I can measure the total length. Was just hopeing somone here would have the same setup and have the answers for me.
Thanks
Cheers,
Ron
The Titan is a good truck, but I would look closely at the numbers before assuming that it will do the job. I pull a 20' gooseneck trailer, which weighs 5000+ pounds, and the heaviest that I've towed on it so far is the Bobcat 743 skid steer. It weighs close to 5,000- not nearly as much as your tractor with loader and backhoe will weigh. That 10,000+ total pounds is a handful behind my 3/4 Dodge diesel, so I can safely assume that it will be more than a handful behind your Titan. It takes mass to move mass, handle mass, and stop mass.
On a sidenote, we hauled my truck home last week on the gooseneck trailer (12,000 pounds, plus or minus a few) behind my dad's F350/V10. It pulled it admirably, but we wouldn't have attempted that with any smaller of a truck. Certainly not a half ton.
I thought I was going to have to run beside it, with a gas can. Man, did it suck the gas to move the load.

Eric McCarthy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota B6100E
Dec 21, 2009
Richmond Va
It is a 2003 Dodge 8 Liter and as for mpg, 7 to 8 when loaded heavy, but is has no power issues with hills.
Well nevermind its just as bad as the old 7.5L 460.

I've got a 88 one ton Chevy 350 V8 and a 15 gallon fuel tank. Not really sure if it has shitty fuel mileage or I burn threw alot because its such a small tank.

SACKETTSLAND

Equipment
Mar 11, 2013
Manitoulin Island
So no one can tell me what the Tractor setup weighs or the total length. Well thanks anyways for your replys.
Cheers

Coffeebean

Equipment
L 3540 HSTC, LA724 Loader
Apr 2, 2013
London, Ohio
My best guess would be 7,000 # plus and all folded up right around 20 feet. For weight distribution it is good to have some wiggle room.

Last edited: