Lend a helping hand in Upper Nine Mile River, Nova Scotia

Corney

Equipment
L1500DT, front end loader, mower, tiller, snow blower
We have the opposite problem here in our rural acerage subdivision. When the RM grader goes by he pulls all the gravel at the end of our driveways into the crown which creates a low spot that holds water and turns to mud and pot holes. Everybody here steals the gravel back off the road and fills thier driveways back in.

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
Some times a man just reaches a point where he has to do something,,, odds are they will probably arrest him for something stupid like destruction of public property. And that old tired,,,, well its on the radar but we dont know when ,,,gets old pretty fast

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
I noticed that line too

"well its on the radar " ......so is man's trip to Mars......

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
Times, they are a changing.

My neighbor worked at a Phillips pumping station. When they drained the oil from the Mossburg engines it was barrels.

We built a header out of PVC and oiled our road. Four or five barrels at a time. Never once in 10 years did anyone say anything, except they were amazed we could make a contraption to use waste oil to keep dust down!

A couple of years ago I had a passer by stop and give me grief (and threats of calling the authorities) because I was cutting down (not spraying) cattails so I could see when at the stop sign. This is the same road and intersection we oiled years earlier!!

Last edited:

Tooljunkie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L1501,home built carry all, mini plow blade.
May 13, 2014
Lac Du Bonnet, Manitoba,Canada
Aparrently its not environmentally friendly to dump used oil on roads, but new oil is ok. Anything natural gas or propane powered will have fewer of the nasty elements that you would find in gas or diesel engines.

That road is deplorable,no municipality shoud let it get that bad. Our local rm has been grading to keep holes to a minimum. Today we getting a dump of snow.

Last edited: